Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: General NCAA thread

1. -101
    Ours is the fury.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Clipse View Post
    Hopefully Dalvin Cook and Ermon Lane realize this...
    I don't think we're losing either of those two. But we need to go hard after OL recruits. Hell we can sell instant playing time.

The worst part about this is that all the moron Driskel apologists on the Gator boards have crawled out of their holes insisting they were right about Driskel being a better player and giving UF the best chance to win. This after watching Murphy run from 5 unblocked defenders on every play for two games in a row.

Some people don't get it, others refuse to get it.
    but when the trumpets blew again and the knights charged, the name they cried was "Stannis! Stannis! STANNIS!"

Quote Originally Posted by King Stannis Baratheon
    Lord Seaworth is a man of humble birth, but he reminded me of my duty, when all I could think of was my rights. I had the cart before the horse, Davos said. I was trying to win the throne to save the kingdom, when I should have been trying to save the kingdom to win the throne.
    Quote Quote  

2. -102
    Phins & Philly Sports

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Philadelphia, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Down goes LSU. Top 10 teams are dropping like flies.

Quote Quote  

3. -103
    mediocrity sucks

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Drum, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by COphinphan89 View Post
    I don't think we're losing either of those two. But we need to go hard after OL recruits. Hell we can sell instant playing time.

The worst part about this is that all the moron Driskel apologists on the Gator boards have crawled out of their holes insisting they were right about Driskel being a better player and giving UF the best chance to win. This after watching Murphy run from 5 unblocked defenders on every play for two games in a row.

Some people don't get it, others refuse to get it.
    I would be shocked if Lane doesn't flip to Miami. I figured it was going to happen, now I'm sure it's going to happen. He's a 3 years and done player, and Florida isn't getting him to the NFL regardless of whether he starts as a true freshman, and he knows it. Been some buzz about him regretting his decision before this game.

Dalvin Cook is harder to judge. He seems solid, but he sure seemed solid when he was writing articles for Clemson websites as well. At the end of the day I'd be surprised if he ends up at Florida. I know he likes USC but they're a dumpster fire as well. With his brother at Miami and Yearby/Darling at Miami, it wouldn't surprise me. Neither would Alabama.

You have to be out of your mind if you're a blue chip offensive skill player and have any thought of going to Florida as long as Muschamp is coaching there. I'm not even sure Muschamp even cares about having a competent office... Especially if you're a WR, where seemingly every high ranked that goes to Florida is never heard from again.

---------- Post added at 11:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 AM ----------

Stick a fork in Tajh Boyd and Clemson.
    Quote Quote  

4. -104
    Ours is the fury.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I would be shocked if Lane doesn't flip to Miami. I figured it was going to happen, now I'm sure it's going to happen. He's a 3 years and done player, and Florida isn't getting him to the NFL regardless of whether he starts as a true freshman, and he knows it. Been some buzz about him regretting his decision before this game.

Dalvin Cook is harder to judge. He seems solid, but he sure seemed solid when he was writing articles for Clemson websites as well. At the end of the day I'd be surprised if he ends up at Florida. I know he likes USC but they're a dumpster fire as well. With his brother at Miami and Yearby/Darling at Miami, it wouldn't surprise me. Neither would Alabama.

You have to be out of your mind if you're a blue chip offensive skill player and have any thought of going to Florida as long as Muschamp is coaching there. I'm not even sure Muschamp even cares about having a competent office... Especially if you're a WR, where seemingly every high ranked that goes to Florida is never heard from again.

---------- Post added at 11:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 AM ----------

Stick a fork in Tajh Boyd and Clemson.
    It didn't stop Robinson, Fulwood, or Kelvin Taylor from coming this year although Taylor was probably going to happen no matter what. UF has plenty of players at the skill positions to have a good offense, but the offensive line coach clearly needs to be replaced.

And I don't like to make excuses, but the injuries that have piled up for this team have really taken their toll. You can't lose that many starters and expect to keep winning, unless they're all Jeff Driskel.
    Quote Quote  

5. -105
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'd probably put them at 5 by default after Bama, Oregon, Clemson and FSU. Then Miami, LSU, Baylor, Missouri, OSU, and Stanford to round out my top 10. Honestly 5-9 can go in any order with Stanford at 10. At the end of the day, LSU vs Bama, Oregon vs Stanford, FSU vs Clemson, Miami vs FSU will separate pretenders from contenders. Mizzou still plays SC, Manziel, and Bama/LSU in SECCG. Without Franklin, it's not happening for them. Baylor has Oklahoma, Okie State and Texas Tech. Decent teams but not enough put them in the MNC even if they go undefeated. OSU could lose to Michigan. Hell they could lose to Penn State or Indiana. Either way, too weak of a schedule to get them in unless everyone else beats each other up leaving OSU able to get in by default.
    Those two pretenders are down and out.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"You may think that you are some kind of god to these people. But we both know what you really are."
    "What's that? A criminal?"
    "Worse. A politician."
    Source: Under The Dome
    Quote Quote  

6. -106
    mediocrity sucks

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Drum, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phins_4_ever View Post
    Those two pretenders are down and out.
    Yep so much for that.
    Quote Quote  

7. -107
    mediocrity sucks

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Drum, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    #2 vs #5 November 2nd. Miami won't lay down like Clemson.
    Quote Quote  

8. -108
    Phins & Philly Sports

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Philadelphia, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    #2 vs #5 November 2nd. Miami won't lay down like Clemson.
    I'd like to hope not. That game tonight was a giant disappointment.
    Quote Quote  

9. -109
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinsPhan11 View Post
    I'd like to hope not. That game tonight was a giant disappointment.
    It was. I expected FSU to win but this was a slaughter.
    Quote Quote  

10. -110
    Phins & Philly Sports

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Philadelphia, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phins_4_ever View Post
    It was. I expected FSU to win but this was a slaughter.
    I expected FSU as well, but Clemson didn't even show up for this one. You could tell within the first couple possessions that it was going to be a long night for Clemson.
    Quote Quote