Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: General NCAA thread

1. -11
    Ours is the fury.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Namor View Post
    Hell CO, I think you guys are MORE dangerous without Jeff.
    Clearly. As bad as this sounds, that play against Tennessee where he threw a pick 6 while breaking his leg could be the most important play of this season AND next season. It highlighted why Driskel should not have been starting and it opened the door for the guy who should have started all along.

I am going to put VERY little stock in sites like Rivals and GatorCountry anymore, especially after this. Rivals had Murphy as a 2* and Driskel as a 4* and all of the "insiders" and "experts" who were supposedly watching Gator practices very closely all said that Driskel was clearly the better player and that if he went down, UF was screwed. Just,
    but when the trumpets blew again and the knights charged, the name they cried was "Stannis! Stannis! STANNIS!"

Quote Originally Posted by King Stannis Baratheon
    Lord Seaworth is a man of humble birth, but he reminded me of my duty, when all I could think of was my rights. I had the cart before the horse, Davos said. I was trying to win the throne to save the kingdom, when I should have been trying to save the kingdom to win the throne.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Victoria, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fishfanmiami View Post
    FSU needs to beat Clemson so a Canes win in Tallahassee will get us back in the top 10

It's is nice to have all three schools playing well. Don't care for UF but i always root for FSU unless they are playing Miami.
    Same here, only in reverse.

---------- Post added at 11:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 AM ----------

Bama laughs at all three of your schools history.
    I like Bama but they have to go down when it comes to FSU. No disputing the legacy of dominance though.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    grip it and rip it

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    DolphinDolphinDolphin
    And just for the record since 1980 Bama has 5 titles. Same as MIami.
    The Florida teams have 10 combined.

No argument the Tide has been dominate lately.This too shall pass.
    Last edited by fishfanmiami; 10-10-2013 at 01:10 PM.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    [QUOTE=fishfanmiami;1064813254]And just for the record since 1980 Bama has 5 titles. Same as MIami.

No argument the Tide has been dominate lately.This too shall pass.[/QUOTE

Why since 1980?....I'm old enough to remember alot of titles before then ,also..can't just pull
    out a random date for history.
    But 92 was one of my favs,Canes sure had a silly look on their faces after that game.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Maybe so but I feel the tide turning so to speak
    Not really.....have you seen our recruiting the last few years....we can't win it every year,but we'll be in the hunt
    for the next several years.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    [QUOTE=Namor;1064813337]
    And just for the record since 1980 Bama has 5 titles. Same as MIami.

No argument the Tide has been dominate lately.This too shall pass.[/QUOTE

Why since 1980?....I'm old enough to remember alot of titles before then ,also..can't just pull
    out a random date for history.
    But 92 was one of my favs,Canes sure had a silly look on their faces after that game.
    Because that's around the time Miami became relevant. And it took a Bama guy to make that happen or they wouldn't even have a football program down there...
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Owner of the Palace of Wisdom

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Harrisburg, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    So rumors are USC people are at odds.

There are those that believe that they can lure somebody like Nick Saban away from a pretty big job, while others want to go with guys with connections to the school like Jack Del Rio and Steve Sarkisian. The issue for USC is that Pat Haden arguably waited too long to fix the mess Mike Garrett left behind a few years ago as the entire athletic department had a huge arrogance surrounding the program.

And this is old news, but it's something that hasn't been discussed on Mack Brown at Texas. In recent time it has come out that Robert Griffin and Johnny Manziel both wanted to attend Texas but Brown told them they'd be DBs. He also told Jamis Winston the same thing and Winston grew up a Texas fan. Andrew Luck grew up in Houston and was highly interested in attending Texas, but during his visit the coaches ignored him and told him he wasn't their first or 2nd choice to take as a QB commit. Ever since Colt McCoy graduated, Texas has struggled to find a consistent QB. Many feel that Mack Brown just doesn't try as hard in recruiting as he used to and that he just hasn't adjusted to the quickly changing landscape of college football.

Some want to follow Texas Tech's lead and promote a former beloved player to head coach (in Texas's case Major Applewhite) while other boosters think they can get Saban. Again, if Saban leaves Bama I doubt it would be for Texas. I think Saban is the type of guy who would want a new challenge, but I think he'd be more likely to go out west to a non LA-Pac 12 school or to schools that aren't great right now but have great recruits in the area. I think Applewhite deserves a chance to be a head coach, but I think Texas is a much different animal than Texas Tech is for Kliff Kingsbury.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    grip it and rip it

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    DolphinDolphinDolphin
    [QUOTE=TedSlimmJr;1064813357]

Because that's around the time Miami became relevant. And it took a Bama guy to make that happen or they wouldn't even have a football program down there...
    So true and thanks for that

Actually i chose 1980 because if I went further back Bama kicks our ass with what 15 Nat titles ?

The very first football game I ever saw as a toodler was an Orange bowl Bama game. I used to had a Roll Tide pendant hanging on the wall dad got me at the game. Seemed like they always played in the Orange bowl classic every year back then. Great history and tradition which no Florida school can match.
    Last edited by fishfanmiami; 10-10-2013 at 03:30 PM.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Louisville, KY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Rutgers coming to town tonight. Vegas has us a 19 point favorite but our games with them are usually a lot closer than that. I think we'll get a 2 TD win.
    Insert pithy saying here.

Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Nick Saban is not leaving...Bama can match money with Texas....plus Nick has FULL controll at Bama...At Texas you have to answer to
    billionaire alum and boosters...think Nick is going to allow other people to tell him what to do with his football team?That's one of
    the main reasons Nick left Miami...
    Plus Nick want to go after Bear's 6 nat'l championships.
    Quote Quote