Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 8 of 34 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: General NCAA thread

1. -71
    mediocrity sucks

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Drum, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ConvenientTruth View Post
    With Miami, Clemson, and FSU all playing well and the inclusion of Louisville....the ACC could make a push for the second strongest conference in College football...4 teams (if you include Louisville) in the top 10 right now...
    I'd argue ACC is second best already. I would of gone with Pac 12 but seeing Stanford lose to Utah and Washington easily handled by Oregon, I don't see the Pac 12 as anything special. Oregon and everyone else. I'm not sold on UCLA yet but I am sold on Hundley. He's a stud. Stanford really hasn't impressed me all year. Neither has Kevin Hogan.

Big 10 is a dumpster fire. Almost AAC level bad. Big 12 is meh.

I imagine the ACC will stay pretty good with FSU and Miami returning and the addition of Louisville as another consistently ranked team. Notre Dame as well. With all the talent in the southern states, the SEC and ACC should be the best conferences. Too much talent to go around.
    Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Clipse; 10-17-2013 at 07:20 AM.
    Quote Quote  

2. -72
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Louisville, KY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Clipse View Post
    I'd argue ACC is second best already. I would of gone with Pac 12 but seeing Stanford lose to Utah and Washington easily handled by Oregon, I don't see the Pac 12 as anything special. Oregon and everyone else. I'm not sold on UCLA yet but I am sold on Hundley. He's a stud. Stanford really hasn't impressed me all year. Neither has Kevin Hogan.

Big 10 is a dumpster fire. Almost AAC level bad. Big 12 is meh.

I imagine the ACC will stay pretty good with FSU and Miami returning and the addition of Louisville as another consistently ranked team. With all the talent in the southern states, the SEC and ACC should be the best conferences. Too much talent to go around.
    Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk
    I agree. Urban Meyer is about to rule the Big 10 with an iron fist. It's going to be OSU and everyone else. Michigan is ok, but I don't think Brady Hoke is a very good coach. The PAC-12 can improve though, especially if USC hires the right coach and then gets their scholarships back. Still that's a 3 team conference anyway. The Big 12 is dysfunctional at best, everyone hates Texas and Texas needs a new coach. I don't think Stoops is all that great of a coach for OK either. I think in the coming years the ACC could easily be the 2nd best football conference, but they'll have to change the national narrative.
    Nearly 70% of the Earth is covered by water...the rest is covered by Gerod Holliman.

Quote Quote  

3. -73
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Victoria, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MelbournePhin View Post
    Clemson by 4. in tally or neutral field, noles big. oh well
    Bite your tongue and have faith my Seminole brother!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    Quote Quote  

4. -74
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    melbourne, fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    Bite your tongue and have faith my Seminole brother!

on the road in Clemson is a death march...lol. the last time we won there was when chris rix played. lmfao. like I said, we wnn big in tally or neutral site, bit Clemson at home is just tough. ill be happy when we smoke Miami tho and hopefully beat uf
    Quote Quote  

5. -75
    Einhorn is Finkle

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Halo LegendaryGalactic Empire medalHydra logo
    Quote Originally Posted by MelbournePhin View Post
    on the road in Clemson is a death march...lol. the last time we won there was when chris rix played. lmfao. like I said, we wnn big in tally or neutral site, bit Clemson at home is just tough. ill be happy when we smoke Miami tho and hopefully beat uf
    Clemson is always tough and if they were rolling in there with Manuel or Ponder I would chalk it up as a loss, but with King Jaboo....I like the Noles chances...
    Quote Quote  

6. -76
    mediocrity sucks

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Drum, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    UCF +12.5 was such easy money. UCF +435 moneyline icing on the cake. Thank you Louisville.
    Quote Quote  

7. -77
    I Don't Play . .That's Y I Failed P.E.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Liquordale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Nintendo LogoDolphin2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Football is a crazy sport man. It was 28-7 Louisville in the middle of the 3rd quarter and I turned the game off and went about my business. Up this morning, check the scores, Louisville loses 38-35. Must of been a hell of a comeback for UCF. Knew UCF was a good team, they had South Carolina on the ropes . . . didn't think they'd go into Papa John Stadium and pull the upset. They honestly should be top 20 come next week.
    Quote Quote  

8. -78
    mediocrity sucks

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Drum, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    UCF is a good team and Storm Johnson is a good RB that I wish never transferred from Miami. Blake Bortles is a pretty good QB too. Stanback looked good. They have some weapons on that offense so I was surprised Vegas felt as strongly about Louisville as they did.
    Quote Quote  

9. -79
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Louisville, KY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    UCF is a very solid team. They had the heart to come back (and a lot of help by way of a Senorise Perry fumble on their side of the field). Our defense got out right gashed the second half and DC Vance Bedford got out coached. But also that defense is still pretty young. There's only 2 or 3 seniors on the 2 deep plus 2 of our DTs in the rotation haven't played a down yet this season (and probably won't now). We'll be loosing Teddy but we'll be taking a deep and experience defense into the ACC. Now if we can just some how keep Vance Bedford from calling so many blitzes. He and Coyle are cut from the same blitz-happy cloth.

I don't even know what crappy bowl is #2 in line for the AAC. I guess I'll have to look it up.
    Quote Quote  

10. -80
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Victoria, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LouPhinFan View Post
    UCF is a very solid team. They had the heart to come back (and a lot of help by way of a Senorise Perry fumble on their side of the field). Our defense got out right gashed the second half and DC Vance Bedford got out coached. But also that defense is still pretty young. There's only 2 or 3 seniors on the 2 deep plus 2 of our DTs in the rotation haven't played a down yet this season (and probably won't now). We'll be loosing Teddy but we'll be taking a deep and experience defense into the ACC. Now if we can just some how keep Vance Bedford from calling so many blitzes. He and Coyle are cut from the same blitz-happy cloth.

I don't even know what crappy bowl is #2 in line for the AAC. I guess I'll have to look it up.
    I am sorry, Lou. I really thought y'all were headed for a BCS Bowl.

Quote Quote