Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tapatalk issues

1. -1
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Houston, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins Logo

FH Tapatalk issues

I was happy to donate vs paying for VIP that I don't use and can't use the mobile site with since the chat slows it down too much and I could never get it closed and have it stay closed. I will try and do my part by donating more in the future as this site is worth it.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolfan23 View Post
    I was happy to donate vs paying for VIP that I don't use and can't use the mobile site with since the chat slows it down too much and I could never get it closed and have it stay closed. I will try and do my part by donating more in the future as this site is worth it.
    Thanks man! Regarding the mobile site, strange that the chat wouldn't stay closed. Try Tapatalk. I'm pretty sure it's free now (or so I've heard, I paid $2). No chat and it's super fast. As far as donation vs. paying for VIP, if you donate over $18, you automatically get VIP as well.

Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Houston, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins Logo
    I do use Tapatalk but it's frustrating too as it often forgets the last post read when switching between it and the desktop site. So the choice usually ends up as going to last post or first post in the thread. I know that's on Tapatalk as I use that for my Hawks forums but it's annoying.

The mobile issue is being able to click the tiny area to close it on a mobile phone and then I guess it's a cookie issue with it coming back after a few visits. Who knows why, just pointing it out.

Anyway no biggie and hope I can help a little.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Misery Loves Company

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kentucky
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Rebel AllianceSuperman logoXbox LogoPlaystation LogoSnakes!
    I do use Tapatalk but it's frustrating too as it often forgets the last post read when switching between it and the desktop site. So the choice usually ends up as going to last post or first post in the thread. I know that's on Tapatalk as I use that for my Hawks forums but it's annoying.

The mobile issue is being able to click the tiny area to close it on a mobile phone and then I guess it's a cookie issue with it coming back after a few visits. Who knows why, just pointing it out.

I've just updated tapatalk here, you should give it another go. if not tapatalk, we also support forumrunner.
    "I didn't feel like we had to score," Tannehill said. "I had the mindset we were going to score."

Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Are you gonna drink that?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West-by-god-Virginny
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo

FH Tapatalk issues

Same thing happens to me every so often ... Doesn't seem common though. Maybe once a month.
    2014 Goals:
    1) Win the next game.
    2) See goal #1

"The problem with internet quotes lies in verifying their authenticity."
    -Abraham Lincoln

Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Houston, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumpus View Post
    Same thing happens to me every so often ... Doesn't seem common though. Maybe once a month.
    Do you go between desktop and Tapatalk usage throughout the day? That's what seems to cause it for me. That's my only Tapatalk complaint though as otherwise it's great.

---------- Post added at 12:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:36 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Wildbill3 View Post
    I've just updated tapatalk here, you should give it another go. if not tapatalk, we also support forumrunner.
    Thanks Bill I will let you know if that changes anything. It looks like my phone recently updated Tapatalk Pro as well so maybe the combo will help.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo

No problem man, we just want to make the site as easy to navigate as possible whether it's on a computer or mobile device. Have you tried disabling the chat on your computer? It should stay disabled on any other device once you do that.

If you haven't tried that, here is a quick guide on doing so: http://www.finheaven.com/show...Mobile-Devices
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Are you a VIP?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If Tap a Talk doesnt work for you try ForumRunner.

But this thread really was not the place for this. Moving it to the suggestions comments forum.
    BREAKING NEWS ALL OFFSEASON LONG!
    FOLLOW FINHEAVEN ON TWITTER!

Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Misery Loves Company

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kentucky
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Rebel AllianceSuperman logoXbox LogoPlaystation LogoSnakes!
    Quote Originally Posted by fin-atic View Post
    If Tap a Talk doesnt work for you try ForumRunner.

But this thread really was not the place for this. Moving it to the suggestions comments forum.
    I think it's all good matt, forumrunner and tapatalk are both upgraded and lean mean fightin machines.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Brady Slayer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Washington DC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The forum stopped working for me on Tapatalk earlier today... I realized now that its because the old forum url no longer works.

This was the old url: finheaven.com/[forums][slash]forumdisplay.php?2-Miami-Dolphins-Forum

Now it says "no such page"...

It looks like the forum got moved out of a folder and now exists on http://www.finheaven.com/forumdispla...Dolphins-Forum

You should redirect the old url to the new one so that the backlinks pointing to the old url pass some of their value to the new one. Google is actually caching and ranking the old broken url for searches like "miami dolphins forum"...

EDIT: So strange, any time I tried to put the old url, the editor change it to the new url, so I just wrote it out...
    FIRE FAILBIN

Joe Philbin, PowerPoint Guru (Not Head Coach Material)
    Philbin ... put it all together in a PowerPoint presentation. Everything about that presentation had to be perfect.

If any PowerPoint slide had a spelling or grammar mistake, any typo, any scheme error, that was my responsibility, just like a teacher, Philbin said.
    Quote Quote