Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Saints-Pats

1. -1
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Saints-Pats

Very poor clock management by the Saints at the end.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    wow... what a way for the turds saints to lose that game

hats off to T. Brady and his ability to lead a team to victory (even though he almost single-handedly ****ed it up)
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    wow... what a way for the turds saints to lose that game

hats off to T. Brady and his ability to lead a team to victory (even though he almost single-handedly ****ed it up)
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Since 84

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Carolina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    He just ate Rob Ryans lunch took a dump and handed to him!!!!

Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    San Diego, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Yeah, well we're not taking the division from the Pats this year. That said, at least the ****ing Ravens lost, I hate those ****ers almost as much as a division rival so maybe we have a shot at wrangling a wildcard.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    This win by the Pats will be a spark for them. Now with Gronk coming back in the next week or two, we can forget about winning the AFC East this year.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Maine
    Thanks / No Thanks
    This is a huge punch to the stomach fro us now. They lost the game. The Saints won, it was over. Done. Finished. And the Saints choked like nothing I've seen and now NE has huge momentum. They will easily beat the Jets and be rolling 6-1 when we come to town. Awful, just ****ing pathetic really.

Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    We're going to be fighting Baltimore, Cleveland and maybe Tenn. for one wildcard spot. We had the chance to really put the Ravens out of competition with us last week but blew it.
    Bob Kuechenberg had the bone marrow drilled out of his left arm and a quarter-inch, steel-alloy rod pounded into it so he could play in the '73 team's Super Bowl victory. The arm had been broken on the opening kickoff of a December game in Baltimore.

"My attitude was pure and simple: I'm going to play today," Kuechenberg said. "That was it. Tape me. Shoot me up, Doc. Whatever it takes."

Still Perfect: Dave Hyde
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Wort-wort-wort!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Xbox LogoHalo LegendaryGalactic Empire medalPlaystation LogoNintendo Logo
    I love how this one win for the Pats has all of a sudden put us in a wild card spot. Until we play the Pats and lose, nothing is set in stone.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Münchweiler, Germany
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think I have to watch the Dolphins games exclusively and need to stop watching all the other football games. Again and again watching other teams play leave me so frustrated.

- The New England Patriots
    They lose their five best receiving weapons from last year to the Broncos (Welker), to injury (Gronkowski), to jail (Hernandez), to the street (Lloyd) and I don't remember the 5th. They sign an injury prone poor man's Wes Welker (Amendola), draft two receivers (Dobson, Thompson) and play someone at TE I can't even recall his name. They lose the best NT in football for the season. Drew Brees comes to town - undefeated so far. Drew who? During the game the Patriots lose their best CB and their best LB. Where's the problem? They still pull out a win.

While each and every single loss of the above mentioned players would have doomed the Dolphins' season, the Patriots seem unaffected. It seems they can just plug in anybody at the receiver position and it works out. Did you see how open even the rookie receivers were? It makes throwing to them a lot easier. I don't understand how their rookie receivers can get more separation than our 60-million-dollar-man or our 1.000-yard-receiver from last year. I have not seen a Dolphins receiver that wide open in years. Frustrating.

- Which brings me to the mighty Buffalo Bills

They started the season with a rookie QB and almost beat the New England Patriots. After a few weeks their rookie QB goes down, so they activate a QB from their practice squad. Of couse, being down two touchdowns in the 2nd half to the Bengals, whose defense held Tom Brady and the Patriots to 6 points and without a TD the week before, Thad Lewis leads a comeback to send the game into overtime. Why the face? Can you imagine the Dolphins inserting Pat Devlin and forcing overtime against the Bengals? Frustrating.

- Let's not forget about the Referees
    There've been some frustrating calls in the 2013 games so far. I will just list the two must frustrating ones but they support my theory that some teams get the benefit of the doubt from the referees while other teams do not.

1) Saints at Patriots, Saints have 4th and 1 at around the Patriots 45 in the 1st half and try to make the Patriots jump offsides. It works! A defensive lineman jumps into the neutral zone which causes a Saints offensive lineman to flinch. Neutral zone infraction, 1st down Saints, no-brainer. Not so fast! Here comes the officiating crew: It's the Patriots, they can impossibly make such a mistake! It must have been a false start! 4th and 6, Punt. The Saints give up good field position instead of a first down and in a 3-point game such a call might very well be the difference.

2) Falcons at Dolphins, Falcons have a 3rd and long. Matt Ryan passes to Roddy White just past the 1st down marker. The pass is low, White makes an effort to catch it, falls on it. When he gets up, the ball lies on the ground. Incomplete pass, 4th down. Not so fast! Here comes the officiating crew: It's the Falcons and their QB and their receivers are just that good, he must have caught that ball! If Joe Philbin doesn't challenge, the Falcons have first down. After a pass play where the receiver doesn't even get up with the ball. Why the face?

So much for my rant. I just had to let it go to make it through the week a little easier.
    Quote Quote