Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Thread: Liberal Blogger Goes Crazy Over Obamacare Premium Increase

1. -1
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Liberal Blogger Goes Crazy Over Obamacare Premium Increase

My wife and I just got our updates from Kaiser telling us what our 2014 rates will be. Her monthly has been $168 this year, mine $150. We have a high deductible. We are generally healthy people who don't go to the doctor often. I barely ever go. The insurance is in case of a major catastrophe.

Well, now, because of Obamacare, my wife's rate is gong to $302 per month and mine is jumping to $284.

I am canceling insurance for us and I am not paying any ****ing penalty. What the hell kind of reform is this?

Oh, ok, if we qualify, we can get some government assistance. Great. So now I have to jump through another hoop to just chisel some of this off. And we don't qualify, anyway, so what's the point?

I never felt too good about how this was passed and what it entailed, but I figured if it saved Americans money, I could go along with it.

I don't know what to think now. This appears, in my experience, to not be a reform for the people.

What am I missing?

I realize I will probably get screamed at for posting this, but I can't imagine I am the only Californian who just received a rate increase from Kaiser based on these new laws.
    http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/0...onthly-premium#

Further proof that this is a bad deal no matter where you stand on the political spectrum.

"Politics is the Art of Looking for Trouble, Finding it Everywhere, Diagnosing it Incorrectly, and Applying the Wrong Remedies"
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Some more Obama supporters freaking out......

“Of course, I want people to have health care. I just didn’t realize I would be the one who was going to pay for it personally.”

These sentiments, expressed by Cindy Vinson of San Jose, California, undoubtedly echo those of millions of Americans who mistakenly believed that there really is such a thing as a free lunch — or at least free health insurance — and are now discovering to their dismay that someone always has to pay for these “freebies.” In the case of ObamaCare, that someone is Vinson and others who, in the words of the San Jose Mercury News, “are big believers in the Affordable Care Act [ACA] ... and are proud to say they helped elect and re-elect President Barack Obama.”

Vinson, a 60-year-old retired teacher, recently found out that because of ObamaCare, her health insurance policy is being replaced with an ACA-compliant one that will cost her $1,800 more per year.

Similarly, Tom Waschura, a 52-year-old self-employed engineer and ObamaCare supporter in nearby Portola Valley, discovered that coverage for his family of four was going up by a whopping $10,000 a year because of the healthcare law.

“I was laughing at [House Speaker John] Boehner — until the mail came today,” Waschura told the Mercury News.

“I really don’t like the Republican tactics, but at least now I can understand why they are so pissed about this,” he said. “When you take $10,000 out of my family’s pocket each year, that’s otherwise disposable income or retirement savings that will not be going into our local economy.”
    http://thenewamerican.com/usnews/hea...nsurance-rates

It's a bad law and it's totally reasonable to attack it and fight to end it. Liberals and Unions coming out against it means that it's no longer a partisan issue. It's an American issue.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Louisville, KY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Nearly 70% of the Earth is covered by water...the rest is covered by Gerod Holliman.

Quote Quote