Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 242526272829

Thread: Dolphins Trade for McKinnie

1. -281
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Zounds View Post
    Truth be told we don't run as many zone blocking plays as people around here suggest
    That's a fact. It may be because they know these guys simply can't do it.
    "May the acorns rest in peace..."
    Quote Quote  

2. -282
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 912013 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11
    Just don't let him and John Jerry go out to dinner together!
    The above post is not subject to penalty under the TOS I declare the Hayden Fox defense. " It is impossible for the staff to know my context therefore I cannot be penalized"

Quote Quote  

3. -283
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MRojas4 View Post
    Well, heres to drafting Jake Matthews or Taylor Lewan
    No...not another Michigan LT...
    Quote Quote  

4. -284
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by J. David Wannyheimer View Post
    It wasn't widely known that Monroe was available. Apparently, the Ravens just called and worked it out quietly. Several other teams were quoted (on PFT, I believe) as saying they would have liked to be in on it if they'd known he was available.

Bottom line, you can blame Ireland for not being more proactive, but it's not like the Jags called us and offered to sell us the guy for some driftwood. Ravens got a ****in steal.
    IMHO, this is immaterial. GM's call around about players on a daily basis. When you see a low hanging fruit of a marquee position you need to check in at least once a more nth to let your interest be known. If they say he is not available or they don't want to trade in divisionor in state, or if tthe player is not willing to listen, those are fair answers.

But he is a marquee player in the final year of his contract on a rebuilding team who already drafted his replacement ... how does a GM NOT know he is available? He plays a position of obvious need. I don't buy that Ireland did not know. I'm guessing we inquired and were told no because we compete for market share in Florida. But, webdis not hear that. We were fed the ridiculous line that we did not know he was available ... Which would be an unacceptable reason in my book if true.
    "I want guys who want to make an impact on and off the field. Good human beings. Guys who want to get better. Guys who want to improve. They want to be great, want to win. Those types of guys we can work with every day." --Joe Philbin
    - Defending the Read Option - What do you think?
    Quote Quote  

5. -285
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Considering everything, I wonder if something is wrong with Clabo and the staff was hoping the week off would cure it? I can hope maybe. Mckinnie might just have enough gas in his tank combined with some Miami PEDs( I doubt Mckinnie cares about being suspended ) to be an average lt tackle for us.
    Quote Quote  

6. -286
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirspud View Post
    People have been complaining that anything would be better than Clabo and that the organization would be crazy to not try and fix the situation with other personnel. Now they do and the move is condemned here.

I don't think Mckinnie is gonna be great, but it's gonna be hard not to be an improvement on Clabo. This could be a season saving move not just for the results at the line position, but also because its gonna gonna give the offense a little confidence boost and encouragement.
    Hell if anybody watched the bills game would see that ANY OF YOU GUYS would have been an upgrade over Clabo , i watched on one play when Williams hit Tannehill that Clabo DIDNT EVEN TOUCH Willams , i mean how hard is it to atleast throw your body in front of Williams to atleast slow him down >?? BUT HE DIDNT EVEN DO THAT , Hell Williams wasnt even touched , and Tannehill said if he would have had atleast a split second longer , i mean i could have atleast slowed Mario down , it was just like there was nobody playing RT at all on that play it was pitiful , dont know what Clabo was thinking but he could have atleast got in front of him , and he didnt even do that .

Quote Quote  

7. -287
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMageGandalf View Post
    Its ridiculous because it was evident week 1 that this wasn't going to work and they let it go until the beginning of week 7 when teams would want a kings ransom for anyone decent and so we end up with a dude that we should've gotten as a FA and all we would've lost was $$$ on a one year deal....now we lose $$$ AND a Draft pick...
    come on , its not like were giving up a top notch draft pick for him, hell after the first rd were done anyways , because the only pick we ever get right is in the first (1st) RD .
    Quote Quote