Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Dolphins Trade for McKinnie

1. -51
    Football Guru

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Madison, Wisconsin
    Thanks / No Thanks
    McKinnie is as mobile as a tree sloth and is out of shape. How in the hell is he going to last in the Miami heat for 4 quarters at his 360 pounds??!!
    Please God, let me see 1 Dolphins Superbowl victory before I die.
    Quote Quote  

2. -52
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Haines City, Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    People have been complaining that anything would be better than Clabo and that the organization would be crazy to not try and fix the situation with other personnel. Now they do and the move is condemned here.

I don't think Mckinnie is gonna be great, but it's gonna be hard not to be an improvement on Clabo. This could be a season saving move not just for the results at the line position, but also because its gonna gonna give the offense a little confidence boost and encouragement.
    Quote Quote  

3. -53
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Is there something less than a 7th rounder that could be traded? Desperation.
    Quote Quote  

4. -54
    Football Guru

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Madison, Wisconsin
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Our o-line would be better if we would've sent a 2nd or 3rd rounder for Branden Albert and left Martin at right tackle.
    Quote Quote  

5. -55
    Brady Slayer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Washington DC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Please wake me from this nightmare
    FIRE FAILBIN

**If the Dolphins make the playoffs, this sig will become HIRE PHILWIN**
    Quote Quote  

6. -56
    Winning is a Habit

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Flagstaff, Arizona
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dolphin1972 Dolphins LogoJurassic WorldCam Wake 91
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    McKinnie was done two years ago. The guy is lazy, parties all day and just doesn't take care of his body. The Ravens signed him late last year to make a run, partly at the urging of Ed Reed, who was a teammate of McKinnie's at the U. Somehow he managed to put together a very nice stretch run through the end of the year and the playoffs and the Ravens foolishly expected him to come into this year motivated.

Didn't happen. He was back to being done. And now here we come, with 2/3rds of the season left to go, expecting him to care. Unless he's a superfan who's always dreamed of playing for the Dolphins I wouldn't count on it. The guy is a big, immobile piece of slab bacon, totally unsuited to a zone blocking scheme.

Unless I'm mistaken he's never been an RT so I think this kicks Jonathan Martin over to the right side.
    McKinnie played exceptional in the Ravens playoff run last year and was very important in helping get the Ravens a Super Bowl win.
    That said, he has looked awful this year.

- Hall of Fame Safety Rod Woodson on Dan Marino playing in today's NFL:
    "...the best quarterback I believe is Dan Marino..."
    "If he played with these rules, he'd throw for 100,000 yards."

Twitter
    - https://twitter.com/ciscoholgate

Quote Quote  

7. -57
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Bellingham, MA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Oh but the whole Brandon Albert thing and Jake Long Contract offer were smokescreen, there was really no worries about the OLINE, John Martin was the plan all along. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! This place is funny, Andy Reid is laughing hysterically at us right now. We wouldn't pull the trigger for Brandon Albert so we could draft 2 CB's so good they can't get Jimmy Wilson off the field, HAHAHAHAHAHAHA....The Dolphins are comical, Ireland needs to go. Keeping him when Sparano was fired has set us back even farther.
    Quote Quote  

8. -58
    Brady Slayer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Washington DC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirspud View Post
    People have been complaining that anything would be better than Clabo and that the organization would be crazy to not try and fix the situation with other personnel. Now they do and the move is condemned here.

I don't think Mckinnie is gonna be great, but it's gonna be hard not to be an improvement on Clabo. This could be a season saving move not just for the results at the line position, but also because its gonna gonna give the offense a little confidence boost and encouragement.
    Ya we all wanted Clabo replaced, but not if it meant trading away valuable resources for a guy who want even on an active roster because he sucked!!! This is lunacy! How is Garner worse than these two!?! I guarantee Garner will be starting by the end of the season and this was all for naught. Awful awful move
    Quote Quote  

9. -59
    Football Guru

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Madison, Wisconsin
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirspud View Post

Didn't you see the ratings? McKinnie rated as the 65th best tackle and Clabo the 66th? Yeah, some upgrade. They're both washed up has-beens.
    Quote Quote  

10. -60
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    McKinnie has never played on the right Side so I doubt he will play there in MIA.

He will be playing LT IMO, which will move Martin over to Right I think.

"When we play in Buffalo, our fans come to support us, and they get beat up". "When we play them in Miami, the Buffalo fans come down here and beat up our fans in our own stadium" - Bryan Cox
    Quote Quote