Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Male Jets fan punches female in the face after game, under police investigation

1. -11
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Island, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Batroc View Post
    This is one of those issues that isn't even a matter of team allegiance. It's just a cowardly act. Jetsfan89 has a point in saying that the girls seemed to be looking for a fight, but the Jets fan in the video had more than a significant height and weight advantage. I am sure he could have slowed these chicks down without having to resort to socking one of them in the jaw.
    Totally agree with everything you said. Like I said the guy is probably nothing more then a scumbag for all I know.

The point i'm trying to make is that it wasn't like this was some girl who was walking out of the stadium minding her own business and just got decked for no reason. The story I read about this says her and the group she came with were going at it with that guy, his friends, and the guys mother all game. At the end a fight broke out.

Instead of staying out of it she got herself involved in whatever was going on. So I don't feel that bad for her. The guys a jackass for hitting her. But this isn't some sweet innocent girl. She was clearly provoking him from what I can see in the video. My point is, stay out of trouble, and you won't find trouble. Her getting hit doesn't justify the way she chose to behave.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    There is nothing you can say to justify hitting a girl,so everything else after that is irrelevant.Also lets say it was a male.

Now we know the guy is 37 or 38 and the girl looks 25ish.

So if you're 6'2 275lbs and you encounter a 25 year male thats 165 wet you're OK punching a kid 10 years younger almost half your size?? Also looking at the girl waving here hands the guy knew she wasnt going to hurt him.

The dude is screwed.His facebook acount and twitter got blown up for it....go hang out there and pat the guy on the back.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    The Anti-Fistpumper

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Phindog View Post
    There is nothing you can say to justify hitting a girl,so everything else after hat is irrelevant.Also lets say it was a male.

So if you're 6'2 275lbs and you encounter a 25 year male thats 165 wet you're OK punching a kid 10 years younger almost half your size?? Also looking at the girl waving here hands the guy knew she wasnt going to hurt him.

The dude is screwed.His facebook acount and twitter got blown up for it....go hang out there and pat the guy on the back.

Tell me exactly where anyone justified him hitting her? Was it when I called it a "cowardly act"? Or maybe when I said outright that he could have slowed them down without socking her in the jaw? Yeah, good job lol.
    "It is wonderful to be here in the great state of Chicago"
    - Dan Quayle, former U.S. Vice-President

Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Island, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Phindog View Post
    There is nothing you can say to justify hitting a girl,so everything else after that is irrelevant.Also lets say it was a male.

Your lost man. Nobody is justifying what the guy did or patting the guy on the back. Your not listening.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It embarrasses all Jet fans, all football fans, all sports fans and all human beings.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    CT FinFan
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I don't think anyone has said he was justified, but this guy went way over the line punching her.
    If someone, especially a girl, is yelling at you, there is an option NOT to escalate the situation.
    It may be hard to imagine, but even if she is hitting you, you still have the option of walking away.
    This guy is a loser, drunk, or not. It doesn't matter if the girl was drunk, or if she is also a loser, or if she was hitting him, you don't hit a girl, period.
    He could have walked away, or held her back, or yelled to the crowd for help.
    Instead, he punches her in the head...really!?

He wasn't fearing for his life, he had plenty of options, but he chose punching her in the head.

Looks liken this jerk has some anger management issues...

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/n...t-video-102113
    A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn...that was fun!"
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Springfield, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    If she hits him first out of nowhere then I'd be fine with him clocking her in the jaw. If they're all drunken dolts they all deserve what's coming to them though. People complain about beer prices being so high but we never see a shortage of stories when drunk people at games act like d-bags.

Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Island, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinzN703 View Post
    If she hits him first out of nowhere then I'd be fine with him clocking her in the jaw. If they're all drunken dolts they all deserve what's coming to them though. People complain about beer prices being so high but we never see a shortage of stories when drunk people at games act like d-bags.
    This.

Like I said the guy is probably a jackass and deserves whatever happens to him. But the girl wasn't just minding her own business. She looks like she was acting like a drunken idiot as well.

When you act like that, Sh*t happens.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Springfield, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetsfan89 View Post
    This.

Like I said the guy is probably a jackass and deserves whatever happens to him. But the girl wasn't just minding her own business. She looks like she was acting like a drunken idiot as well.

When you act like that, Sh*t happens.
    It's an interesting thought. If a broad comes up to you and starts swinging at her, what does one do? Run away? Hit her back? Grab onto her and wrestle her to the ground until she calms down?

When booze is involved anything is possible. I saw a 20-something guy try and beat down a 70 year old at the Jets/Dolphins SNF game a few years back. If I remember right the younger guy even broke his beer bottle on the ground and held it in front of him like he's Dirty Harry.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Island, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinzN703 View Post
    It's an interesting thought. If a broad comes up to you and starts swinging at her, what does one do? Run away? Hit her back? Grab onto her and wrestle her to the ground until she calms down?

When booze is involved anything is possible. I saw a 20-something guy try and beat down a 70 year old at the Jets/Dolphins SNF game a few years back. If I remember right the younger guy even broke his beer bottle on the ground and held it in front of him like he's Dirty Harry.
    Exactly, it's not as easy of a decision as people make it out to be. Especially if your hammered like both of these people probably were. You don't have as much time to think and react. After the incident everyone has their own opinion on what to do but they arent going through it at the time. I'm not saying the guy made the right decision. He didn't. And he appears to be a lowlife. But the girl didn't make the right decision either.

And today NJ Police charged him, the girl who got hit, and 2 other Patriots fans with assault. So I think the cops agree that while this guy (who apparently killed another kid when he was 17) was wrong, so were the Patriots fans who were involved as well. They all got what they had coming to them.
    Quote Quote