Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: ACA Website is a Disaster

1. -41
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Louisville, KY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    I guess that was what was confusing me as I didn't think that there was any new insurance plans available. Wasn't there already some commercial websites where you could submit a common app and have insurers offer quotes?

If they aren't going to offer any additional insurance or plans them what is costing so much money other than compliance with all of the new regulations? Did the dysfunctional website cost a $Trillion? Also, how exactly is this supposed to insure more people that were not previously insured?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    Most insurers offer plans directly to the public for them to buy as individuals (not through and employer). My company calls their individual healthplans "Humana One", other insurers have their own names. It's purchased by the individual and underwritten by the insurance companies.
    Insert pithy saying here.

Quote Quote  

2. -42
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    No kidding. But it's politics, most people don't really understand what they have an opinion on because they don't look into it. The new big thing is to cry foul over people losing their plans when they were told they were allowed to keep them if they wanted to. What they don't know is that "junk insurance" is no longer legal under Obamacare, so those who have a plan that is considered junk insurance (doesn't meet Obamacare guidelines, i.e. covering pre-existing conditions, etc) is cancelled due to being an illegal plan now. But you don't hear about that. You just hear they are cancelled. That's not to say it's all good. We don't know what its going to do to premiums. Some are going up and some are going down. That unpredictability is frustrating.

It would be nice if news coverage was actually fair and objective. It gets old being told nothing but half truths and flat out lies, leading to people panicking over nothing...
    Need a bucket??

"Politics is the Art of Looking for Trouble, Finding it Everywhere, Diagnosing it Incorrectly, and Applying the Wrong Remedies"
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphins9954 View Post
    Need a bucket??
    Nah, I'm good. I could do with less ****ty threads clogging the PoFo though...

If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

Quote Quote  

4. -44
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Nah, I'm good. I could do with less ****ty threads clogging the PoFo though...
    Hahaha.....and silence.

You know what's ****ty...this plan and those that defend it. You just used the exact same words that Obama said yesterday in defending this quagmire. "That's it's junk insurance" and "that he's saving us". BS. Obama sold this plan time and time again with the notion that "If you like your plan, you can keep it." Knowing full well that wasn't the truth.

Report: Obama administration knew millions would be forced to change insurance

http://news.yahoo.com/obama-administ...222249311.html

In other words he lied and sold Americans a scam and was totally dishonest about it. Just like the great used car salesman that he is.

Where are the cancellation victims who now stand to pay less for more insurance or even just the same amount for a better plan?

And if these millions of cancelled plans are “junk,” then why are so many of the Obamacare substitutes so vastly inferior and more expensive?

Not to mention that the so-called "Affordable" part relies on government subsidies (meaning taxpayers money) to help pay the difference for expensive and outrageous health insurance costs.

Face it Locke it's a **** plan that was written by the insurance and drug companies that the corporatists love because the state enforces their profits. The sooner we get rid of it the better. Even the Unions agree.
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You need to broaden your resources if you truly think this. I agree that it helps corporations and insurance companies. But the way our healthcare system is set up, that was always going to be the case. Instead of harping on that, which is always going to be the case in the U.S., you could look at the positives. No one will ever be able to be denied the care they need anymore because the government has told insurance companies they can't. Projections show that over time, healthcare costs will decrease. They may not right away as people are reactive, but almost all objective economists agree that premiums will come down. People will get the care they need. That's the single most important thing. No one is going to have to die over treatable illnesses anymore. To me, that's more important than any monetary argument...
    Quote Quote  

6. -46
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You need to broaden your resources if you truly think this. I agree that it helps corporations and insurance companies. But the way our healthcare system is set up, that was always going to be the case. Instead of harping on that, which is always going to be the case in the U.S., you could look at the positives. No one will ever be able to be denied the care they need anymore because the government has told insurance companies they can't. Projections show that over time, healthcare costs will decrease. They may not right away as people are reactive, but almost all objective economists agree that premiums will come down. People will get the care they need. That's the single most important thing. No one is going to have to die over treatable illnesses anymore. To me, that's more important than any monetary argument...
    We're bringing the Iraqi people freedom and democracy.....how could you be against that???

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false-front for the urge to rule it."

Just another **** burger being forced down our throats. But look it has pretty red lettuce.
    Quote Quote