Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: ACA Website is a Disaster

1. -31
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TrojanFin View Post
    I think I saw Spesh at 1:05 in this video and now his avatar makes a lot more sense.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfP6LmJiSec
    Looked like a bunch of freedom to me.

Sad, it seemed as if Republicans believed in freedom at one point. I mean, granted, it was obvious to all they didnt give a damn about that sort of thing when it came to women and homosexuals, but the at least tried to hide it when it came to a bunch of fat asses like myself.

Guess i better vote for freedom. Freedom for American's, not Ted Cruz the Canadian.
    Quote Originally Posted by finfan54 View Post
    its all right, Im a rice dick apparently.
    Quote Quote  

2. -32
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogbone34 View Post
    democrats are awesome
    None of this would have happened if Sarah Palin were not on the ticket in 2008. McCain would still be POTUS.
    Quote Quote  

3. -33
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Victoria, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Birdmond View Post
    None of this would have happened if Sarah Palin were not on the ticket in 2008. McCain would still be POTUS.
    You are smoking crack! She is the only reason it was even competitive. McCain is and was an idiot and was the worst possible choice the Republicans could have nominated. I voted for him but only by default. Now she has gone full idiot since then but was quite popular during the election.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    Quote Quote  

4. -34
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    I understand all of it except the "exchanges" and what exactly it is that people are going to the website to sign up for. I didn't think they had a public option which is something I may actually support, if they play on a level playing field with everyone else.

The "exchanges" were just a website the government put together for all the insurance providers to come together and advertise their prices. It was meant as kind of a "one stop shop" for everyone looking to buy insurance, instead of needing to call every single insurance company and answer their questionnaires to get a price quote. Pretty good idea I think, though the implementation was beyond horrible. It didn't prevent anyone from signing up for insurance, it just forced you to have to call each company separately...

If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

Quote Quote  

5. -35
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Louisville, KY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I understand all of it except the "exchanges" and what exactly it is that people are going to the website to sign up for. I didn't think they had a public option which is something I may actually support, if they play on a level playing field with everyone else.

The exchange website is essentially a price comparison website. You can see what insurers have plans in your area and what those prices and plan benefits are. You can then pick a plan and fill out the application. The app is then (in theory) transmitted to the insurers and boom, you've got a health plan. However the website locks up and the apps that do get submitted to insurers are missing information.
    Insert pithy saying here.

Quote Quote  

6. -36
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

"Politics is the Art of Looking for Trouble, Finding it Everywhere, Diagnosing it Incorrectly, and Applying the Wrong Remedies"
    Quote Quote  

7. -37
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Victoria, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    The "exchanges" were just a website the government put together for all the insurance providers to come together and advertise their prices. It was meant as kind of a "one stop shop" for everyone looking to buy insurance, instead of needing to call every single insurance company and answer their questionnaires to get a price quote. Pretty good idea I think, though the implementation was beyond horrible. It didn't prevent anyone from signing up for insurance, it just forced you to have to call each company separately...
    I guess that was what was confusing me as I didn't think that there was any new insurance plans available. Wasn't there already some commercial websites where you could submit a common app and have insurers offer quotes?

If they aren't going to offer any additional insurance or plans them what is costing so much money other than compliance with all of the new regulations? Did the dysfunctional website cost a $Trillion? Also, how exactly is this supposed to insure more people that were not previously insured?

Quote Quote  

8. -38

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I guess that was what was confusing me as I didn't think that there was any new insurance plans available. Wasn't there already some commercial websites where you could submit a common app and have insurers offer quotes?

If they aren't going to offer any additional insurance or plans them what is costing so much money other than compliance with all of the new regulations? Did the dysfunctional website cost a $Trillion? Also, how exactly is this supposed to insure more people that were not previously insured?

I'm not sure if there was already a website that did this or not to be honest. It would make sense that there probably was one beforehand, but it would probably be a fee-for-use kind of thing. And I honestly don't know what the huge cost sink is, or if those numbers are even accurate. It would seem next to impossible for a website to cost a trillion dollars. This is like the first year Obama was in office and rightwing news was slamming Obama for taking 10 million dollar per night trips around the world, when fact checks showed it being significantly less, and that costs were an aggregate of several things.

As for ensuring that everyone is insured, I think it was just meant to give everyone an easy place to go to get insurance. The law itself says you have to be insured, so I guess they were throwing everyone a bone and taking the leg work out of it, assuming they ever get the stupid thing working...
    Quote Quote  

9. -39
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Victoria, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    I'm not sure if there was already a website that did this or not to be honest. It would make sense that there probably was one beforehand, but it would probably be a fee-for-use kind of thing. And I honestly don't know what the huge cost sink is, or if those numbers are even accurate. It would seem next to impossible for a website to cost a trillion dollars. This is like the first year Obama was in office and rightwing news was slamming Obama for taking 10 million dollar per night trips around the world, when fact checks showed it being significantly less, and that costs were an aggregate of several things.

As for ensuring that everyone is insured, I think it was just meant to give everyone an easy place to go to get insurance. The law itself says you have to be insured, so I guess they were throwing everyone a bone and taking the leg work out of it, assuming they ever get the stupid thing working...
    Imagine that, a law that no one actually knows what it does, how much it will cost, or how it will affect us. However, we all have a decided opinion in it. Too funny!

Quote Quote  

10. -40

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Imagine that, a law that no one actually knows what it does, how much it will cost, or how it will affect us. However, we all have a decided opinion in it. Too funny!

No kidding. But it's politics, most people don't really understand what they have an opinion on because they don't look into it. The new big thing is to cry foul over people losing their plans when they were told they were allowed to keep them if they wanted to. What they don't know is that "junk insurance" is no longer legal under Obamacare, so those who have a plan that is considered junk insurance (doesn't meet Obamacare guidelines, i.e. covering pre-existing conditions, etc) is cancelled due to being an illegal plan now. But you don't hear about that. You just hear they are cancelled. That's not to say it's all good. We don't know what its going to do to premiums. Some are going up and some are going down. That unpredictability is frustrating.

It would be nice if news coverage was actually fair and objective. It gets old being told nothing but half truths and flat out lies, leading to people panicking over nothing...
    Quote Quote