Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tackles in the Draft?

1. -11
    Owner of the Palace of Wisdom

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Harrisburg, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Lewan is a bit more athletic than Jake was coming out of Michigan. His issue is that he has a short fuse and can get baited by defenses into bad situations (see Michigan State game this weekend)
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Lewan always seems to get cranked up in big games....especially the rivalry game against Michigan St. Him and William Gholston were essentially like watching a street fight last year. However, scouts will view Lewan's intensity as a positive in some situations.

It's the durability and penalties in big games that are my only knocks on him. He struggled a lot with penalties against Alabama and left the game with an injury.

Michigan is using him a lot this year on the right side in unbalanced formations. He looks good, real good. I like his aggressiveness, just needs to keep his technique.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Owner of the Palace of Wisdom

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Harrisburg, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSlimmJr View Post
    Lewan always seems to get cranked up in big games....especially the rivalry game against Michigan St. Him and William Gholston were essentially like watching a street fight last year. However, scouts will view Lewan's intensity as a positive in some situations.

It's the durability and penalties in big games that are my only knocks on him. He struggled a lot with penalties against Alabama and left the game with an injury.

Michigan is using him a lot this year on the right side in unbalanced formations. He looks good, real good. I like his aggressiveness, just needs to keep his technique.
    Basically Michigan's OL outside of Lewan and Schofield sucks.... a bunch of RS or true Frosh and sophomores. 9 different guys have started for us.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSlimmJr View Post
    Kouandjio just isn't the dominant player that Andre Smith or Chris Samuels were at left tackle for Alabama. That's just the facts. But those two were top 10 picks.

Kouandjio is a better prospect than James Carpenter was, but not in a category with Smith or Samuels. He's probably a right tackle in the NFL, or perhaps a guard as a last resort. I think he's good enough to stay at tackle.

I think Taylor Lewan is an excellent player. He's right there with Jake Matthews in my opinion.
    Kouandijio does have that one armed whip move which is pretty impressive. I agree probably RT for him. If Miami takes a player from Alabama in the 1st, I hope it's CJ Mosley. Love that guy as a player.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Haines City, Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    Probably because not all of us panic just because a FA signing played WAY below what anybody expected and a 2nd year player (who you were probably happy we used a high pick on) apparently had mental issues. What's funny is that despite the sacks, we're still playing far better than we did for the vast majority of the time Capt. Cornfed was here. Why? Playmakers. I'll take more of those please!
    I agree to some extent but bear in mind that we are scarcely getting the most out of the playmakers we have because we can't set up any plays that require the line to do anything resembling real blocking. Mike Wallace has scarcely gotten the chance to get deep this year because even as quickly as he gets there the QB is still on his back by that time.

The best strategy, which really isn't a strategy at all, is to actually hit out on our midrounders, and thus not have to wait for our first round picks every year to actually pick up talent. Getting a Calvin Johnson/Dez Bryant type is great in the first round, but you can make do with a guy like Randall Cobb later on.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirspud View Post
    I agree to some extent but bear in mind that we are scarcely getting the most out of the playmakers we have because we can't set up any plays that require the line to do anything resembling real blocking. Mike Wallace has scarcely gotten the chance to get deep this year because even as quickly as he gets there the QB is still on his back by that time.

The best strategy, which really isn't a strategy at all, is to actually hit out on our midrounders, and thus not have to wait for our first round picks every year to actually pick up talent. Getting a Calvin Johnson/Dez Bryant type is great in the first round, but you can make do with a guy like Randall Cobb later on.
    This is an excellent point. Jeff Ireland badly misjudged the offensive tackles on this team, which has hurt Tannehill and Wallace. The best weapon in the deep game is essentially stuck running shorter patterns simply because the qb doesn't have time to throw.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    What Sherman aspires to be

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Maryland
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudder1310 View Post
    There are a bunch that have been mocked in the 1st rd.

James Hurst
    Corey Robinson
    Don't let Walter influence you too much. Neither one of these guys are first rounders.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    St Helens, Or
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Just making a list. I'm sure Miami will consider O Line in each of the first 3 rounds. Part of me would love to see us get wr Evans from A&M though.
    Failure isn't fatal. Failure to change might be. - John Wooden
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    San Diego, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SkapePhin View Post
    Who are the best tackles in the upcoming draft?

In a twist of fate, it appears that dolphins fans will actually want highly drafted cornfed lineman after so many years of mocking taking tackles high...
    Very true
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SF Dolphin Fan View Post
    If Miami takes a player from Alabama in the 1st, I hope it's CJ Mosley. Love that guy as a player.
    Agreed. Love Mosley. Like his all around skills, motor, smarts, leadership, everything. Even has good hips that could translate well to coverage.

At some point it would be great to get a high end linebacker. The problem is Miami has so many needs.
    Quote Quote