Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tackles in the Draft?

1. -21
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    St Helens, Or
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin Tatious View Post
    Agreed. Love Mosley. Like his all around skills, motor, smarts, leadership, everything. Even has good hips that could translate well to coverage.

At some point it would be great to get a high end linebacker. The problem is Miami has so many needs.
    At this point the only real needs are on the o line. Every other spot could stand to add depth but have starters, especially if the 2 rook cb start working in.
    Failure isn't fatal. Failure to change might be. - John Wooden
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Miami Dolphin Columnist in the Making

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    O Town
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSlimmJr View Post
    Kouandjio just isn't the dominant player that Andre Smith or Chris Samuels were at left tackle for Alabama. That's just the facts. But those two were top 10 picks.

Kouandjio is a better prospect than James Carpenter was, but not in a category with Smith or Samuels. He's probably a right tackle in the NFL, or perhaps a guard as a last resort. I think he's good enough to stay at tackle.

I think Taylor Lewan is an excellent player. He's right there with Jake Matthews in my opinion.

so as a Tide fan you wouldn't suggest going Kouandjio? because i think Lewan and Matthews are top ten then we are looking at Kouandjio Richardsson and Erving in the 10-20 range
    Follow me on Twitter.. @DSEmpire_BA

For My work http://dynastysportsempire.com/author/brent-antonio/
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinSoldia View Post
    so as a Tide fan you wouldn't suggest going Kouandjio? because i think Lewan and Matthews are top ten then we are looking at Kouandjio Richardsson and Erving in the 10-20 range

I probably wouldn't take Kouandjio with a top 20 pick. I think he'd be a decent pick after that.

Honestly, and this is difficult to say as a Bama guy... I believe Auburn's redshirt sophomore left tackle Greg Robinson is a better prospect. This kid is the key to Auburn's resurrected offense. Dominant in the run game and in pass protection despite his lack of a significant body of work due to his youth.

I think both he and Kouandjio could play tackle and/or guard, and have similar freakish athleticism. Although Robinson dominates, where Kouandjio has merely been solid.
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Finheaven Hall of Fame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Kouandjio just isn't the dominant player that Andre Smith or Chris Samuels were at left tackle for Alabama. That's just the facts. But those two were top 10 picks.

Kouandjio is a better prospect than James Carpenter was, but not in a category with Smith or Samuels. He's probably a right tackle in the NFL, or perhaps a guard as a last resort. I think he's good enough to stay at tackle.

I think Taylor Lewan is an excellent player. He's right there with Jake Matthews in my opinion.
    with limited knowledge, this is the guy I like so far, and is doable to draft where we will be.
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Finheaven Templar

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Crossroads of TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SF Dolphin Fan View Post
    I love Matthews. He is elite IMO and probably goes top 5 depending on the quarterbacks. I like Lewan, enough to trade up slightly for him if he slides close to Miami's spot. But, I think his best position is RT. Similar to Jake Long, but not as good. I would difer to Slimm on Kouandjio. From what I've seen, he looks more like a guard. Seems a little sluggish getting into pass protection. Antonio Richardson is a RT IMO. Hurst is a little under the radar, but I'm not sure if he's physical enough.
    I love Mattews as well...And if he's half the lineman his dad was, who I consider one of the greatest
    offensive linemen in the history of the game, he'll do alright.

Thanks Shifty!

Quote Quote  

6. -26
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    San Diego, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudder1310 View Post
    At this point the only real needs are on the o line. Every other spot could stand to add depth but have starters, especially if the 2 rook cb start working in.
    Not sure I agree with this line of thinking that the only needs are on the O line, although I do agree that the line does NEED to be addressed. While our line will need to be remade, you are not going to solely do it in the draft IMO, it will be a collection of keeping a few leftovers, a FA or 2 and a couple picks in the draft. Too many needs and upgrades are needed on this roster to push for playoff supremacy!

OLB, S are two very important NEEDS for the defense, we lack instincts and playmaking froms those positions.

Theres some physical and athletic receivers in the first round this year which would give us the ideal weaponry for our developing quarterback. I also like the idea of looking at Ebron at TE, I see a special player there who can hold his own as a blocker as a rookie and produce day one vice being red-shirted ala Egnew and Sims.

Hey what do you guys think of WR Allen Hurns from the U? He is lanky at 6'3" probably 185 or so shows very good awareness as a route runner, displays decent speed and even has the ability to stretch the field occasionally. IMO he would be a fourth round prospect who could become a solid receiver. He looks athletic, aware, shows good hands and runs possession type routes very well, which would seem to be a good #2 future prospect.
    "Hit Hard, Hit Fast and Hit Often!"
    -Admiral "Bull" Halsey

Most of the all, the single most important criteria we must strive for is to bring impact players at impact positions to impact our seasons so that we can impact the post season!
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    The Man - Formerly Grush

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Vancouver, Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    This guy's getting seriously overlooked, take a look at big ole Billy Turner from North Dakota State.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=jm9_gSO8v6c

Sign: Daryn Colledge
    Draft: 1. LB Ryan Shazier 2. OL Joel Bitonio 3. WR Donte Moncrief 4. OL Brandon Thomas 5. OT Laurent Duvernay Tardif 6. RB Bo Oliver 7. TBD

LT Albert LG Smith C Pouncey RG Colledge RT Bitonio
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    Finheaven Hall of Fame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think the depth in this draft is good for Tackle's based on what I am seeing so far. I think its possible we could resign Mckinney, get a stud TE first, and then T/G. Some Good G's might fall to 2nd round where we pick.

Any thoughts on Steen Slim?

I read he rarely makes mistakes and seems reall solid in that supposed ZBS in Bama.
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by finfan54 View Post
    I think the depth in this draft is good for Tackle's based on what I am seeing so far. I think its possible we could resign Mckinney, get a stud TE first, and then T/G. Some Good G's might fall to 2nd round where we pick.

Any thoughts on Steen Slim?

I read he rarely makes mistakes and seems reall solid in that supposed ZBS in Bama.

Steen is a solid player, especially in pass protection. He didn't allow a single sack last year. He's not a dominant force in the run game, but he gets the job done with outstanding quickness, power, and intelligence. There's nothing extremely special about him as a prospect, he's just one of those underrated guys that stay in the lineup and rarely ever makes a mistake. Ever. He consistently grades out as the best lineman on the team because he never misses an assignment.

Has the ability to start at the next level. I'd take him in the 3rd/4th round... can also play center.
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    Finheaven Hall of Fame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Steen is a solid player, especially in pass protection. He didn't allow a single sack last year. He's not a dominant force in the run game, but he gets the job done with outstanding quickness, power, and intelligence. There's nothing extremely special about him as a prospect, he's just one of those underrated guys that stay in the lineup and rarely ever makes a mistake. Ever. He consistently grades out as the best lineman on the team because he never misses an assignment.

Has the ability to start at the next level. I'd take him in the 3rd/4th round... can also play center.

nice! he's definitely on my radar.
    Quote Quote