Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Thread: Would like y'all's opinion on some music related things?

1. -1
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Would like y'all's opinion on some music related things?

So working on my own music festival company based out of the same venue..

Let me pose some questions..

Small intimate venue, famous, about 400 seats, the hamptons in New York..

Looking to book three bands, three nites.the venue is intimate and spectacular.

Style of bands for first show...Gary Clark jr..Aaron Lewis.. Citizen cope..

Or, 2 out of those three with dunkein sheik as the third..

To make money on this venue I need to charge 225 to 250 a ticket..

Do you think I could sell it out for three nites at that price point, in that market, with a bleed to NYC.?

Opinions wanted...and thank you for taking any time..
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Finheaven Templar

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Crossroads of TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It would take more than any of those artists to get me to shell out 250 bucks.

Thanks Shifty!

Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Are you gonna drink that?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West-by-god-Virginny
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Well, it's the Hamptons - so your potential customers have cash ... However, I've gotta agree with Goon. It wouldn't even come close to tempting me.
    2014 Goals:
    1) Win the next game.
    2) See goal #1

"The problem with internet quotes lies in verifying their authenticity."
    -Abraham Lincoln

Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Finheaven Templar

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Crossroads of TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumpus View Post
    Well, it's the Hamptons - so your potential customers have cash ... However, I've gotta agree with Goon. It wouldn't even come close to tempting me.
    I guess the Hamptons are better than the Catskills. I had this whole thing in my mind when I did some
    contract security for a few sites in the Catskills.

The place is gorgeous in terms of scenery, but lord, what a ****hole.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Sophisticated Redneck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    out in the Ding Weeds
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I guess I look at it this way "intimate and elegant' go with classical music.

The artists on your list are "good ol' boys" and look to the working class, every day crowd for their roots.

If I'm jamming to Country Boy by Aaron, I'm drinking beer and/or whiskey and shooting pool or darts out at my bar in the sticks and when I'm done I'm driving my diesel truck back home later that night.

If I'm mellow listening to Gary Clark jr bluesy soul I'm relaxing outdoors or at some casual dive bar or a BBQ joint on the corner.

Duncan Sheik I have on my play-list for an outdoor party with a wide range of crowd, like a Pig Roast in fact "Barely Breathing" is on my Pig Roast Play-list when I used to host them.

So the questions are simple 1) Who is your target audience 2) what is your target willing to pay and 3) what does the target group enjoy?

No doubt there is an intimate and elegant crowd in the Hampton's but I'd question 3 at that point are they going to dress up, cocktail dress/evening gown, trendy suit and/or black tie and sit and watch any of the artists on your list? I'd guess no.

The other major question I'd pose is the three night venue, have you thought about a two night venue, one casual, Aaron Lewis/ Gary Clark Jr style on a Friday night and then go formal the second night hell call it Blue and Black, the blues of Gary and the black tie of x back to back. Making money off the three night thing is going to be hard on that small of a scale and given the target audience.
    "I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally" ~ W.C. Fields

Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Finheaven Templar

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Crossroads of TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    And BTW; Who in NY says "Y'all"?
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NY8123 View Post
    I guess I look at it this way "intimate and elegant' go with classical music.

The artists on your list are "good ol' boys" and look to the working class, every day crowd for their roots.

If I'm jamming to Country Boy by Aaron, I'm drinking beer and/or whiskey and shooting pool or darts out at my bar in the sticks and when I'm done I'm driving my diesel truck back home later that night.

If I'm mellow listening to Gary Clark jr bluesy soul I'm relaxing outdoors or at some casual dive bar or a BBQ joint on the corner.

Duncan Sheik I have on my play-list for an outdoor party with a wide range of crowd, like a Pig Roast in fact "Barely Breathing" is on my Pig Roast Play-list when I used to host them.

So the questions are simple 1) Who is your target audience 2) what is your target willing to pay and 3) what does the target group enjoy?

No doubt there is an intimate and elegant crowd in the Hampton's but I'd question 3 at that point are they going to dress up, cocktail dress/evening gown, trendy suit and/or black tie and sit and watch any of the artists on your list? I'd guess no.

The other major question I'd pose is the three night venue, have you thought about a two night venue, one casual, Aaron Lewis/ Gary Clark Jr style on a Friday night and then go formal the second night hell call it Blue and Black, the blues of Gary and the black tie of x back to back. Making money off the three night thing is going to be hard on that small of a scale and given the target audience.
    Targeta audience will come from the advertising, I would say mid thirties to baby boomers...shows at this particular theatre are pretty similar to this price point..what do they enjoy, well there's the inherent risk..

---------- Post added at 12:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:15 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by GoonBoss View Post
    And BTW; Who in NY says "Y'all"?
    Habit of mine, I'd rather say it then say "you all"
    Quote Quote