Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: What's going on with Jonathan Martin

1. -151
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Bragg, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by flynryan15 View Post
    The fact that during a 4 game losing skid players think hazing and pranks are ok speaks volumes of the leadership of the organization! From the owner to the team captains. I can't even ever recall reading any team having that type of outlandish behavior during the season and most certainly not a losing team!
    For all we know it was nothing more than an attempt to liven the atmosphere and morale that happened to the wrong person at the wrong time. Ive seen guys crack under pressure with little to no warning down range. Remember that football teams are brotherhoods, fraternities even. Men playing a boys game. Nobody knows really, its all speculation at this point.
    Quote Quote  

2. -152
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 912013 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11
    Quote Originally Posted by Mogwai View Post
    Reports make it sound like he behaved as a pissy child throwing a tantrum. There is a line between immature behavior and a mental breakdown. It doesn't surprise me that he's attempting to spin his reaction into a deeper medical issue so as not to be ostracized from the league for being a quitter.
    Well if he checked himself into a facility I think he deserves the benefit of the doubt. No feel free to crush the prankster or the HC that allows this behavior!
    The above post is not subject to penalty under the TOS I declare the Hayden Fox defense. " It is impossible for the staff to know my context therefore I cannot be penalized"

Quote Quote  

3. -153
    Reading Is Fundamental

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West Palm Beach
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17Cam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by z926538 View Post
    I have an earned Ph.D. in a hard science and have lived through the behavior changes that occur in a low-blood sugar episode. Before you call me ignorant do you mind telling me if you have ever lived through a low blood sugar episode and what is your highest degree of education?
    You can't compare the 2. I've seen diabetic patients in a completely different mindset from low blood sugar but to compare it to a mental disorder is not even in the same stratosphere. BtW I'm a paramedic.
    Quote Quote  

4. -154
    Dawn of a new era

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Newport News,Va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    this team is a joke smh tannehill's gonna get killed behind that piss poor line
    In his office Friday afternoon, Philbin pointed to the practice fields outside and said: "Out there is where we're going to find out about Ryan Tannehill, Matt Moore and David Garrard. I don't remember a master plan that said, 'Here's when Ryan's going to play.' If there is one, I was never told about it. We'll let them come to work, and the best man will win."'
    Quote Quote  

5. -155
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 912013 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11
    Quote Originally Posted by 4th And Drunk View Post
    For all we know it was nothing more than an attempt to liven the atmosphere and morale that happened to the wrong person at the wrong time. Ive seen guys crack under pressure with little to no warning down range. Remember that football teams are brotherhoods, fraternities even. Men playing a boys game. Nobody knows really, its all speculation at this point.
    I have a real good idea about football teams, brotherhood, etc! Make all the excuses you want but you look at the leagues elite team and this behavior doesn't happen. You have your opinion and I will have mine.
    Quote Quote  

6. -156
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Washington DC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I really hope we manage to keep McKinnie, Incognito and Pouncey next year. McKinnie did good against the Pats, Incognito is good, Pouncey is Pouncey. Surely we need a new right side.
    Quote Quote  

7. -157
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lebanon,MO.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by flynryan15 View Post
    Probably has a Yeast Infection!
    Quote Quote  

8. -158
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Pouncey may go to jail and Martin to the looney bin. Holy crap we are going to have to spend out entire draft on olineman.
    Quote Quote  

9. -159
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TruePoizon View Post
    I really hope we manage to keep McKinnie, Incognito and Pouncey next year. McKinnie did good against the Pats, Incognito is good, Pouncey is Pouncey. Surely we need a new right side.
    Pouncey has his own problems right now. His future isn't so bright.
    Quote Quote  

10. -160
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbunglez View Post
    You can't compare the 2. I've seen diabetic patients in a completely different mindset from low blood sugar but to compare it to a mental disorder is not even in the same stratosphere. BtW I'm a paramedic.
    And your opinion I respect due to your education and experience. My point remains. Mental breakdowns are not caused by poor character as the original poster implied. They are caused by intense stress and/or mental disease which is sometimes caused by chemical imbalances. Those of us who live with a chemical imbalance based disease understand what chemical imbalance can do on an intensely personal level. Until you have lived in the mental state caused by a low sugar episode you can recognize it but can't really know the experience.
    Quote Quote