Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Martin is a Coward. We don't need Cowards on our Team.

1. -21
    Football Guru

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Madison, Wisconsin
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You people don't know what a serious thing it is when someone is struggling with mental issues, should it be Bi Polar, Schizophrenia or whatever. Hope to God the guy gets the help he needs. Anyone of us could be in his shoes. Football is secondary right now. He has to get healthy. If it means he can never play football again then so be it. His health and life is more important. We need to pray for him and hope for the best.
    Please God, let me see 1 Dolphins Superbowl victory before I die.
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dislike your original post and I don't agree with it. You don't know what he's dealing with. But that line about the swim move was pretty funny
    You're right. I don't know what he's dealing with. I guess I'm just looking at the selfishness of the act and the timing of it more than anything else. In the bigger picture though, it is just a game - and a damn entertaining one at that.
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Football Guru

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Madison, Wisconsin
    Thanks / No Thanks
    And mental illness IS a disease. Just like cancer, diabetes or heart disease. Are those people who have those diseases cowards too? If Martin has a mental illness he can't help it. He will need therapy and medication. Just like some other diseases require.
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You people don't know what a serious thing it is when someone is struggling with mental issues, should it be Bi Polar, Schizophrenia or whatever.
    Are you sure about that? (How do you know if any of us are or aren't dealing with mental issues?)

Your point is well taken though. My original point was that while he may have "issues" that he needs to deal with, fine. Deal with them. But this is not the way to deal with your problems. Whenever he finally does get therapy, I'm sure he'll realize that there's a better way to handle things than running away and blaming others.
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    And mental illness IS a disease. Just like cancer, diabetes or heart disease. Are those people who have those diseases cowards too? If Martin has a mental illness he can't help it. He will need therapy and medication. Just like some other diseases require.
    True. But that doesn't change the fact that actions have consequences. Hopefully he'll learn (through therapy) that there are better ways to handle situations. He could have, for example, met with Philbin in private and told him he has a problem. I guarantee you Philbin would have announced that Martin has an illness and is getting treatment. He will be leaving the team with the support of the Dolphins. But it didn't happen that way. He blew up and took off. Shouldn't he take SOME responsibility for his situation? Regardless of if he has an illness or not (and at this point we don't know for sure), it is a selfish act. I mean you have 21 other guys who are depending on you, and you get pissed off after a joke and just leave the team because it's best for you. Fine, but you can't say that it has no effect on other people.
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by zach attach View Post
    OP, Martin is still a boy. Cut him some slack, he's got a lot of pressure to be what every fan wants him to be. They all do in their eatly 20's
    Think back to the early Soliai years. I am willing to give him more time to develope, but this type of attitude in a starter is a problem!!
    Quote Quote