Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Article: Ask a Fan: Hayden Fox's Week 9 Assessment

1. -41
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Hawaii
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by roy_miami View Post
    I agree with this.
    Happy about the win Dude. Great write up Hayden, as usual. But Ireland needs to go. The OL too.
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    CT FinFan
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Awesome Write-Up!

With all the bad press going on, nice to see it didn't get into the players heads. I only believe 50% of what the talking heads say, but I could have seen how all the 0-4 streak, Martin breakdown, losing 2 games in a row with a lead, then seemingly happening again last night...all that adds a lot of pressure, but Miami got it done! They stayed focused and played great (besides on 3rd downs) and "Wake is Back!"

When I saw Grimes laying in the endzone after that monster return, I said "get that man some oxygen!" then after the commercial break, they showed him sucking on the oxygen...too funny!
    A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn...that was fun!"
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    Suffering.............

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayden Fox View Post
    Positives
    I urge others of you to join me and support the idea of NOT BLOWING THINGS UP. That includes the GM btw.
    There is no good case to be made for keeping him. Look at all his drafts, garbage. Drafts are the foundation of a successful organization and he has failed repeatedly. Look at his all the big money he wasted on FA. You cant tell me the odds are against getting someone that will do better. On top of that he comes across as an a-hole.
    Quote Quote  

4. -44
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Does anyone know who downed the Fields punt in OT on the 7? It was a great play and a key play that isn't being mentioned much. Our guy was down there right away and was able to grab the ball before it went into the end zone. If he's not there in perfect position the Bengals start at the 20 with much more breathing room.
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    short yardage wouldn't be so bad if they run QB sneaks or hand the ball to Clay at FB. we converted a QB sneak for a TD and a 3rd and short with a Fb dive do more of the same

---------- Post added at 10:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Billk78 View Post
    Does anyone know who downed the Fields punt in OT on the 7? It was a great play and a key play that isn't being mentioned much. Our guy was down there right away and was able to grab the ball before it went into the end zone. If he's not there in perfect position the Bengals start at the 20 with much more breathing room.
    Jimmy Wilson I'm pretty sure

The next Miami RB
    Quote Quote  

6. -46
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'll just comment that we might as well omit Miller's 41-yard run when looking at his stats. Even considering the long return was unfortunate, the turnover completely erased any value the run might have had.
    Why so gloomy?
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Great Writeup as usual. The fact that Cam Wake is healthy again is a huge difference..a complete game changer for this team. He is THE best player on the team and its not even close. Im not going to say we would have won so and so yada yada but everyone who watches him knows he can change a game by himself. Also...man Patterson is a player. Gotta keep him on the field because the dropoff is steep.

Two complaints I have. Jimmy Wilson is awful in coverage. Good ST player..and yeah he had a big hit causing that INT. But he gets beat consistently. Where is Jamar Taylor? I know they like the experience with Wilson..so maybe its a scheme thing. But Im worried with Taylor not being able to work himself into that rotation with Wilson in front of him. Not to mention when patterson and Carroll went down they brought in Standford over Taylor. I have high hopes for the kid but thats confusing stuff right there.
    Second negative would be short yardage. Stop giving the ball to Daniel Thomas on 3-1. Take it out of the playbook. Give it to clay or for heavens sake please call a QB SNEAK! Its 3rd and inches Tannehill should get that every single time. SNEAK SNEAK SNEAK!
    Quote Quote  

8. -48
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayden Fox View Post
    My wife was somewhat angry with me this morning...I am not sure why. Maybe it was my bitching and moaning with Daniel Thomas on short yardage plays or maybe it was me busting into the room last night with her dead asleep and piled on her yelling, "we won, won! we won on a safety!" lol.
    Ha ha. Similar situation to me - here in the UK, the game finished after 4am. At which point I woke up the wife and my 2 daughters by shouting 'Cam F****in Wake!' Looks like I'm on decorating duty this weekend...
    Quote Quote  

9. -49
    grip it and rip it

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    DolphinDolphinDolphin
    Front page write up. Now you're in the big time Hayden . Well deserved

This game reminded me of what football is all about. Forget the schemes and injured players on both side. Our team wanted it more and found a way to deliver.
    The D was completely exhaused after being on the field the entire 3rd quarter but battling through leg cramps and physical exhaustion and found the strength to fight to the end and victory.
    Despite all the BS swirling around the OL they only allowed 3 sacks and ran the ball effectively. Props to Ryan for getting the job done when it counted as well.

Now let's smoke Tampa and make a run at the playoffs
    Last edited by fishfanmiami; 11-01-2013 at 04:22 PM.
    Quote Quote  

10. -50
    Misery Loves Company

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kentucky
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Snakes!Cam Wake 91Tannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo2013 Dolphins Logo
    Any good write up can be featured on the front page. but if I have to do a ****load of editing to make it somewhat presentable... forget it. ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Quote