Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Move this team!!

1. -11
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I heard them yelling for the offense late in the game but really..."If you WIN...they will come"
    Trust me on this one...Its not the fans ...its the product
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It's freaking Halloween on a Thursday night. With a team on a 4 game losing streak. People are mad at Ireland, mad at philibin, mad at Ross for the same ol bs. It's a nice win though admit it when the dolphins were up by 14 points you knew the lead was not safe and just like that the dolphins gave up the lead. The dolphins half time adjustments is non existent, they might as well let the players take a nap during half time.. Now 5 straight second half quarters without a touchdown. Thank goodness Wake came through in the clutch!
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Unless you actually are from South Florida you would know that about 70 % of the population is from everywhere but Florida... Hell I went to the Miami vs Dallas game and thought I was in Texas.. Then I went to the Pats game, same thing. the crappy teams other than "Americas Teams" are usually just half stadium crowds. So it isn't just that Miami fans don't support them, It seems like Majority of South Florida is fans of other teams.
    With all this mess being said, the True blue Dolphin Fans we have in South Florida are tired of fighting traffic on the Turnpike and 95 to see us get blown out at least all my friends and family are. One thing the Dolphins are consistent at is being inconsistent. Put an above average team on the field and the crowds will come. Of coarse this is just my experience. I spend most of my time at sports pubs. Saves money, better time, closer to home and I don't get stuck in 2 hours of horrible traffic, its a lot worse when we lose to be stuck in traffic that long... Rant over sorry....
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    TriniDolFan

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Frankly, while I don't agree with moving the team from Miami, I have to agree with the sentiment that the fans in Miami don't come out to support the team the way they used to and the way other city's support their teams. A Thursday night game, prime time, Halloween, cool conditions and no one shows up.

I firmly believe that this is an issue of demographics and immigration and I mean that with no disrespect to anyone. Miami has become the capital of Latin America (and that brings abundant diversity and cultural richness which is a great thing) and American Football and the Miami Dolphins just don't mean the same as it would to fans in Cleveland, New England, Baltimore and I can go on. Unless Miami is winning and dominating teams (unless the fans can basically expect to win) and attending games becomes "fashionable" to the masses the Dolphins will continue to struggle with attendance. You just can't count on blanket fan support that was there in the 70's and 80's.
    2014 - Step Up or Go Home!!
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Florida isn't the north east where people go to every game regardless of how the team is going. We aren't places lick green bay where there is nothing else to do.

In Florida the only team that reliable PACKS there games is UF. The reason is simple. I have many many options on how to spend my entertainment dollars and many of those ways are cheaper than 40+ dollars per ticket plus parking plus a $6 bottle of water or $8 soda.

The teAm is not entertaining. It is more stressful to watch a dolphins game than entertaining.

That said I have 6 tickets to the bucs game.

Get off the fans. The dolphins already dump on us enough.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Milk Man View Post
    Frankly, while I don't agree with moving the team from Miami, I have to agree with the sentiment that the fans in Miami don't come out to support the team the way they used to and the way other city's support their teams. A Thursday night game, prime time, Halloween, cool conditions and no one shows up.

I firmly believe that this is an issue of demographics and immigration and I mean that with no disrespect to anyone. Miami has become the capital of Latin America (and that brings abundant diversity and cultural richness which is a great thing) and American Football and the Miami Dolphins just don't mean the same as it would to fans in Cleveland, New England, Baltimore and I can go on. Unless Miami is winning and dominating teams (unless the fans can basically expect to win) and attending games becomes "fashionable" to the masses the Dolphins will continue to struggle with attendance. You just can't count on blanket fan support that was there in the 70's and 80's.
    Agree! Most of the Hispanic community in South Florida are Dolphin fans ..
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WesternNYDolfan View Post
    Our team played thier ass off and stayed in the wildcard hunt in front of NO one...it's even more sad when u see the heats championship ring ceremony and a team that won the championship can't even fill the stadium for thier opener, the city of miami is for dummies
    Move the Dolphins? The City of Miami is for dummies?
    You might be a Western New York Dolphins fan, but you are as stupid as a New York Jets fan.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    boooo

bbbbbss.
    Quote Quote