Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: People are starting to talk about Martin being gay..

1. -31
    Finheaven Templar

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Crossroads of TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by shouright View Post
    Which gender he is attracted to is neither here nor there in any way.
    You'd say that surpression of sexual preference is in no way mentally stressful?
    You'd say that people in your workplace suspecting it and mocking it would not be stressful?

I'd think it has the potential to be not only an issue, but a pivitol issue. Again, not saying he
    is or isn't, but if he is, it's foolish to pretend that sexual preference has no bearing on
    people's lives.

---------- Post added at 10:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by LDaniel7 View Post
    It's you that's at the root of this! Makes sense now, lol.

Goonboss in a tutu sending pics of himself and talking on a secure line for hours, in a high voice, lol.

Martin didn't stand a chance, lol.

LD
    Sorry dog.

Quote Quote  

2. -32
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Hollywood,Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jnewmant View Post
    If he is in fact gay and that's why he's taking so much heat from Incog, Incog better hope he doesn't come out because that's gonna make him look like more of a p.o.s. than most of the league thinks he already is being voted in the top 5 dirtiest players in the league for years running now. I just hope Martin gets it together and gets the help he needs. I always thought it would be fitting for a player that played for San Fran to be the first to come out but if Martin is gay and chooses to come out I hope the team and us as fans support him and respect him for his strength and courage instead of ostracizing him.
    I could give a flying fu#@ if he's gay or not
    I only care what can he do to help this team and over the past 2 seasons he's done squat
    ( maybe squat isn't a good word considering the rumors)
    He's terrible at right tackle and terrible at left tackle as far as I'm concerned he can be released or retire
    and I felt this way before his "breakdown" now I think he should do himself a favor and ride off in his sequined chaps

To think Martin wanted to be a trial lawyer
    Can you see him running out of the court room?
    Quote Quote  

3. -33
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Southern IN
    Thanks / No Thanks
    So now weird and different are being translated into being gay...that's a pretty long leap. I personally don't care what Martin is as long he plays well at tackle...he can hang out in movie theaters with Pee Wee Herman or pick up hookers with Danny Bonaduce. Especially when we're winning...
    Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein.
    --Joe Theismann
    Quote Quote  

4. -34
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Martin is a bitch. Keep your personal **** out of the team. Come to work, practice, win football games, and then go home and do your drama at home.

Don't bring your drama to this football team.

If he is gay, I don't want to ****ing hear it. Keep that **** to yourself. especially considering it's a polarizing topic. This is about football. Suck it up and do your job. You get paid to play football, not make friends.
    Quote Quote  

5. -35
    Finheaven Templar

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Crossroads of TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kencoboy View Post
    So now weird and different are being translated into being gay...that's a pretty long leap. I personally don't care what Martin is as long he plays well at tackle...he can hang out in movie theaters with Pee Wee Herman or pick up hookers with Danny Bonaduce. Especially when we're winning...
    I don't care if he's gay regardless of record, and I don't think anyone else would either.

Not in football, not in basketball, not any pro sport.

When there is a sense of weakness around you, it can be sensed. I didn't realize it until
    I had worked in a prison. Weakness is a living, breathing thing. You pulse weak or strong.

That has nothing to do with sexual orientation.
    Quote Quote  

6. -36
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Here's the down side if he is gay, he is hurting the gay movement by quitting the team. Someone made a comment about Ricky Williams quitting but the difference when Ricky quit he was at top of his game and had a insane coach looking to get him killed behind a very weak offensive line. Martin on the other hand has been playing poorly, now has quit his team which certainly undermines any NFL team wanting a gay player on a team if this is the results they are going to bring to the table. You want being gay accepted at the NFL level then you need a NFLl star to step forward and admit he is gay. I sure pray he finds himself and being gay is not part of the issue because it's going to be much easier on him if that is the case.
    Quote Quote  

7. -37
    Finheaven Templar

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Crossroads of TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phintim View Post
    Here's the down side if he is gay, he is hurting the gay movement by quitting the team. Someone made a comment about Ricky Williams quitting but the difference when Ricky quit he was at top of his game and had a insane coach looking to get him killed behind a very weak offensive line. Martin on the other hand has been playing poorly, now has quit his team which certainly undermines any NFL team wanting a gay player on a team if this is the results they are going to bring to the table. You want being gay accepted at the NFL level then you need a NFLl star to step forward and admit he is gay. I sure pray he finds himself and being gay is not part of the issue because it's going to be much easier on him if that is the case.
    I have been as hard on Ricky Williams as anyone. I''ve been outspoken. I've called him a quitter, and
    a number of other names. "Gay" never came to my mind.
    Quote Quote  

8. -38
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by electrolyte View Post
    Martin is a bitch. Keep your personal **** out of the team. Come to work, practice, win football games, and then go home and do your drama at home.

Don't bring your drama to this football team.

If he is gay, I don't want to ****ing hear it. Keep that **** to yourself. especially considering it's a polarizing topic. This is about football. Suck it up and do your job. You get paid to play football, not make friends.
    It's only a polarizing topic because there are so many petty, bigoted, uneducated and frankly pathetic people who take offence at someone being gay. He's black too - should he keep that to himself?
    Quote Quote  

9. -39
    Mark my words, I'll get mine

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Flagstaff, AZ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by electrolyte View Post
    Shut your ****ing mouth and keep your opinions to yourself. This is exactly why this **** has no place in sports. And please, stop talking tough online, nerd.
    Struck a cord or something huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dol-Fan Dupree
    Writing good things about Zach Thomas is like writing good things about Jesus. I could write, but really every one knows.
    Quote Quote  

10. -40
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolfan5000 View Post
    Struck a cord or something huh?
    I just hate how these stupid topics take hold of sports. This should be about FOOTBALL, stop creating distractions. A lot of us don't want to hear it. Go to practice, work your butt off, help win games, and go home. They are paid good money to do this. Don't bring in polarizing **** like this to my football team.

Don't need extra drama. Martin is a certified bitch for acting like a big vagina, walking away from the team all pissy because the team doesn't want to sit with him at lunch. With that attitude, of course they don't. He's a bitch. He needs to man up and eat by himself, and bust his ass off on the field and keep his drama to himself. Be a PROFESSIONAL and put team first, and then his teammates will respect him again.

He has to earn his teammates respect. It isn't just given to you.

Keep this garbage out of sports, is all I'm saying.
    Quote Quote