Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: People are starting to talk about Martin being gay..

1. -41
    Mark my words, I'll get mine

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Flagstaff, AZ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by electrolyte View Post
    I just hate how these stupid topics take hold of sports. This should be about FOOTBALL, stop creating distractions. A lot of us don't want to hear it. Go to practice, work your butt off, help win games, and go home. They are paid good money to do this. Don't bring in polarizing **** like this to my football team.

Don't need extra drama. Martin is a certified bitch for acting like a big vagina, walking away from the team all pissy because the team doesn't want to sit with him at lunch. With that attitude, of course they don't. He's a bitch. He needs to man up and eat by himself, and bust his ass off on the field and keep his drama to himself. Be a PROFESSIONAL and put team first, and then his teammates will respect him again.

He has to earn his teammates respect. It isn't just given to you.

Keep this garbage out of sports, is all I'm saying.
    I agree with all that just saying that was pretty brash dude, after all it is a forum for discussion here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dol-Fan Dupree
    Writing good things about Zach Thomas is like writing good things about Jesus. I could write, but really every one knows.
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I just hate how these stupid topics take hold of sports. This should be about FOOTBALL, stop creating distractions. A lot of us don't want to hear it. Go to practice, work your butt off, help win games, and go home. They are paid good money to do this. Don't bring in polarizing **** like this to my football team.

Don't need extra drama. Martin is a certified bitch for acting like a big vagina, walking away from the team all pissy because the team doesn't want to sit with him at lunch. With that attitude, of course they don't. He's a bitch. He needs to man up and eat by himself, and bust his ass off on the field and keep his drama to himself. Be a PROFESSIONAL and put team first, and then his teammates will respect him again.

He has to earn his teammates respect. It isn't just given to you.

Keep this garbage out of sports, is all I'm saying.
    Yes, you're right. If he is gay and that is why he is being bullied, he should just leave it at home. After all, we all know that sexual orientation is something that can be picked up and put down. If it is the case, then Martin has definitely brought this situation on himself...

And with regards to your previous comments about keeping my opinions to myself, if you really think I am going to ignore your thinly veiled homophobic diatribe then you are sorely mistaken.
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    I'm Ron Burgundy?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wisconsin
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Shut your ****ing mouth and keep your opinions to yourself. This is exactly why this **** has no place in sports.
    An opinion, no?

I mean let's be honest, it makes things more difficult to be an openly gay athlete. It makes some people uncomfortable. But, just because it makes people uncomfortable, doesn't mean that he should be treated like **** for it. That'd be like you liking a type of music that I don't like and me constantly badgering you to change something that's your own preference.

Granted, the above point that he was bullied because he was gay is speculation, but if that is the case, what do you care? How in the world does that affect you in any way? What negative things does that bring to your life besides that you don't want to see it? Grow up, learn some tolerance and quit acting like being gay makes somebody a bad person.
    Quote Quote  

4. -44
    another MD finfan

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    MD
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hmmmm...........there is also another thread in the section titled, "Mike Wallace showed me something last night." Very interesting. Let the media get ahold of that.
    Ricky and Ronnie. Best tandem in the league!
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Here we go with this again. Look, I don't care if he's gay or likes to have sex with sheep. I want him off my team with his soft ass.

Oops. No pun intended.
    #freespesh

Quote Quote  

6. -46
    Lil Qweezy

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    maybe he went down to the beach to clear his head??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSR6d...56ACD86D21EBFC
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    #onephin

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by Inch78 View Post
    It's only a polarizing topic because there are so many petty, bigoted, uneducated and frankly pathetic people who take offence at someone being gay. He's black too - should he keep that to himself?
    I'll just leave this right here...

http://www.charismamag.com/life/cult...t-civil-rights
    Quote Quote  

8. -48
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by broccoli rob View Post
    maybe he went down to the beach to clear his head??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSR6dnqi_TE&list=PLB956ACD86D21EBFC
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05TAKQ7E8WE

---------- Post added at 07:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:05 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by number1fin View Post
    Lol exactly. As if it's the same thing. I love the people who put gay rights and the civil rights of black people on the same level as if it is.
    Quote Quote  

9. -49
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Boston, MA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by normaldude View Post
    Well, in the offseason, Mike Wallace did have a comment about gay guys, that seemed to offend some people.

http://www.tmz.com/2013/04/29/jason-...et-homophobic/
    He should have spent more time learning how to catch the damn ball...guy's been a bad joke this year.

---------- Post added at 07:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:08 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by finomenal View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05TAKQ7E8WE

---------- Post added at 07:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:05 AM ----------

Lol exactly. As if it's the same thing. I love the people who put gay rights and the civil rights of black people on the same level as if it is.
    Ah, so you're one of those people who think being gay is a choice. Goes right along with the world being created 6000 years ago...
    Quote Quote  

10. -50
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JC View Post
    An opinion, no?

I mean let's be honest, it makes things more difficult to be an openly gay athlete. It makes some people uncomfortable. But, just because it makes people uncomfortable, doesn't mean that he should be treated like **** for it. That'd be like you liking a type of music that I don't like and me constantly badgering you to change something that's your own preference.

Granted, the above point that he was bullied because he was gay is speculation, but if that is the case, what do you care? How in the world does that affect you in any way? What negative things does that bring to your life besides that you don't want to see it? Grow up, learn some tolerance and quit acting like being gay makes somebody a bad person.
    Electro is right on this one and this is the reason why. If Martin is gay the entire teams attention will be diverted to dealing with this issue rather than football. Every comment by every player will be scrutinized as a possible anti gay Martin comment. The game is full of trash talking already drill that down further, recognizing that you might be fined for "any" off the wall comment then suddenly Dolphinland is not such a great place to work. The media is cramming this lifestyle down everyone's throat and crucifying those who disagree. You made a comment that having a opinion should be OK but that is really not the case. Look at Mike Walllace who publicly stated his opinion about being anti gay he was mobbed while anyone who says something about be pro-gay is treated as enlightened.
    Read your history books much of our culture comes from the Greeks who were a gay society so this is nothing new it is just the same old BS being repeated. If you do not support the gay movement you have the right the say so in a adult manner and you should not have to worry about your opinion offending anyone and need to worry about the whiplash that is currently happening to those that do. Anyway IMO if you do support the Dolphins as a football team and want them to win then you do not want this type of drama on this team right now they need all the help they can get not another distraction. Like I posted earlier if Martin was a kick butt star player on this team and we were 6-1 then this situation would be a whole different manner. One question I keep pondering that if we start protecting everyone in our society against bullying then eventually who will we have left standing to stand up against a bully because they are never going away completely. If you really want to help correct this bullying issue then you drill down and teach that you should never start a fight but never run away because both have consequences that are worse.
    Quote Quote