Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: "If you like your healthcare plan, you can keep it."

1. -21
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nawledge View Post
    Obama will go down as the worst president in history....don't even get me started on all of the **** he should be impeached/arrested for
    pure republican rubbish
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Munchkin Land / Emerald C
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JackFinfan View Post
    You say I want to go back to Kansas, as if we are in a different place in politics right now. I'm sorry to tell you, we've never left Kansas. This is politics as usual. Could you name the last President that didn't tell deliberate lies in order to get things accomplished? I'm not saying what the administration did was right, but to act all offended and outraged as if all of the previous presidents were boy scouts...well it just screams of partisan hackery.
    True enough, they all twist or omit facts. The difference here is that we are talking about now, not history. We cannot change history, but we can learn from it.
    Obama has been caught in several lies. He cannot be prosecuted. With that immunity, it sets the stage for more lying.
    Laws need to be created so that politicians can be prosecuted for deliberate lies. It will be applied to all politicians. That is not partisan.
    It will never happen though. The unions, corporations, and foreign interests already control the elections and politicians.
    This country will only get worse. It is just the way it is now IMHO.
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Munchkin Land / Emerald C
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nick1 View Post
    pure republican rubbish

Pure liberal blather. Your guy in the WH is a liar.
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    4 Things the White House Still Hasn’t Told Us About Obamacare

The White House finally released its much anticipated enrollment numbers on Wednesday, revealing that some 106,000 Americans selected insurance policies on the state and federal health exchanges in October, the first month those marketplaces went live.

While the report offers some insight into the demand for the new policies – about 1.5 million people have applied for coverage – it lacks specific information, like who is enrolling and how many people have actually purchased plans.

1. How many people are actually purchasing plans? The administration’s official tallies included the number of applications completed on the various exchanges, the number of people who would be covered under those applications and the number of individuals who have chosen a specific insurance plan. Picking a plan and actually buying it are different things, though – much like adding an item to your shopping cart on Amazon.com is different from actually buying it.

We know that 106,000 Americans have put specific plans in their carts. Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius said the administration provide more details on Dec. 15 about how many people have actually paid for a policy.

The key will be how many young, healthy Americans (ages 18-34) have signed up for coverage. The administration has estimated that it needs at least 2.4 million healthy “young invincibles” to enroll through the insurance exchanges in order to offset costs for other Americans who are more likely to rack up higher medical bills. If the administration doesn’t meet its goal, insurance companies will likely have to raise the cost of monthly premiums, potentially setting off a cycle of decreasing enrollments and higher prices that could spell the end of Obamacare.
    http://finance.yahoo.com/news/4-thin...111500127.html

Not only have the numbers been abysmal but the administration is playing shenanigans with the numbers. Those numbers aren't people who actually purchased plans. The numbers are even lower than that. As the link states....."If the administration doesn’t meet its goal, insurance companies will likely have to raise the cost of monthly premiums, potentially setting off a cycle of decreasing enrollments and higher prices that could spell the end of Obamacare"

It's only going to get worse.

"Politics is the Art of Looking for Trouble, Finding it Everywhere, Diagnosing it Incorrectly, and Applying the Wrong Remedies"
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LANGER72 View Post
    True enough, they all twist or omit facts. The difference here is that we are talking about now, not history. We cannot change history, but we can learn from it.
    Obama has been caught in several lies. He cannot be prosecuted. With that immunity, it sets the stage for more lying.
    Laws need to be created so that politicians can be prosecuted for deliberate lies. It will be applied to all politicians. That is not partisan.
    It will never happen though. The unions, corporations, and foreign interests already control the elections and politicians.
    This country will only get worse. It is just the way it is now IMHO.
    I hear what you're saying, but even if there are laws, do you really think they'd get convicted (or even charged). Clinton lied under oath, which is actually a crime, and nothing happened. Thousands of soldiers died and trillions of dollars were wasted because of Bush's lie, and nothing happened. If that lie didn't spark these new laws you want in place, then I'm pretty sure nothing will.

I totally agree with your point. The individuals elected to represent us need to be held accountable for what they say (especially the President). I just find the right's sudden outrage a bit disingenuous, especially the ones who were defending Bush and his lies not too long ago. But I want to be clear...this is not a shot at you, because I have no idea what your sentiments were in regards to past Presidents, I'm just speaking in general terms.
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    So I found out today that HSA eligible high deductible plans are going to be gone next year. That's a huge blow to small businesses. Most small companies i deal with use high deductible plans. In most cases, a high ded plan is the only affordable way to provide coverage to their employees, but now they'll be forced to provide higher costing plans. That's a double wammy for the little guys, since premiums are already expected to increase significantly.
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LANGER72 View Post
    Pure liberal blather. Your guy in the WH is a liar.
    worst president ever? prisoner of the moment much?
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Healthcare Site Crashes While Sebelius Tries To Sign Person Up At Media Event

Quote Quote  

9. -29
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The obamabots are still alive....but not for long.
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JackFinfan View Post
    I hear what you're saying, but even if there are laws, do you really think they'd get convicted (or even charged). Clinton lied under oath, which is actually a crime, and nothing happened. Thousands of soldiers died and trillions of dollars were wasted because of Bush's lie, and nothing happened. If that lie didn't spark these new laws you want in place, then I'm pretty sure nothing will.

I totally agree with your point. The individuals elected to represent us need to be held accountable for what they say (especially the President). I just find the right's sudden outrage a bit disingenuous, especially the ones who were defending Bush and his lies not too long ago. But I want to be clear...this is not a shot at you, because I have no idea what your sentiments were in regards to past Presidents, I'm just speaking in general terms.
    The problem with politics is we fight each other with money and lies, and set each other up as such. So much of what Bush gets blamed for was set up by Dems and the media when enough Dems agreed to Bush's lie in the first place in order to give a pass to it. Knowing full well they will set up the sting operation to take him down later. The Republicans go along with Dems alot too. John McCain the Maverick is the best example of it. He is not a Republican and absolutely does not beleive in the Reagan mentality. He is the exact opposite.

It is not really about right and wrong anymore, its about power and who controls it. is it good for us all?

I believe emprires rise and they fall. The American empire is falling. Global Gov't run by elites. The Transformation of America if you will. I wonder who said those words?
    Quote Quote