Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Glee generation has no idea how to deal with people who arent givin them a trophy

1. -1
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

The Glee generation has no idea how to deal with people who arent givin them a trophy

Comment form a guy named onebucplace on PFT
    I thought it was funny and hits the nail directly on the head. Sorry I had to butcher it a tad for it to fit.

*Edit for PFT not PFF. Credit Onebucplace for making my morning.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Good one. I guess the Glee generation could not play dodgeball (or any sports ) and only sang to each other.
    Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Life is what we make it.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Atlanta via Exit 9 - New
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Lol, great thread title!

Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    agreed...

lets face it, I am only 31 but when I was in primary and middle school and even high school (I graduated in 2000) if you got in a fight on school grounds they handled it in house (as long as you didnt kill someone or break bones)...In primary school they say you next to each other, called your parents and that was it...in middle school they gave you detention, in high school they suspended you 3 days...

but now, HOLY $#!^...they get the cops involved...

Ill give another example...I used to teach at a catholic school...We had a little kid come in from public school and he told his parents we played dodge ball (with soft foam balls), knock out (a basketball game), and other sports where we kept score...I had his mother tell me about how damaging it was to her sons self esteem that he was a "loser" at a game...This woman was older than me, and so she had to have remembered what real life was like, but here she was spouting this crap...I asked her, whats going to happen when he gets to high school and wants to try out for a team and doesnt make it if he has never had any disappointment in his life...he wont know how to handle it...she then went to the principal who echoed what I said...

honestly these kids that have never lost in their life and hit an age where real life kicks in and disappointment happens and they dont know how to handle it are the ones like Martin who snap...

Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmarino110 View Post
    I had his mother tell me about how damaging it was to her sons self esteem that he was a "loser" at a game...This woman was older than me, and so she had to have remembered what real life was like, but here she was spouting this crap...I asked her, whats going to happen when he gets to high school and wants to try out for a team and doesnt make it if he has never had any disappointment in his life...he wont know how to handle it...she then went to the principal who echoed what I said...
    she sounds like a lot of fun
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by broccoli rob View Post
    she sounds like a lot of fun

don't kid yourself. I thought all the parents were idiots. Some were just bigger idiots than others

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Overdrafted....

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Halo LegendaryGalactic Empire medalHydra logo
    Shouldn't this be in the political forum?
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Chesterfield, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    This is the lesson we teach our kids...you don't need to earn anything....it will be given to you. That's called Obama share.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Why did it have to be snakes?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmarino110 View Post
    Ill give another example...I used to teach at a catholic school...We had a little kid come in from public school and he told his parents we played dodge ball (with soft foam balls), knock out (a basketball game), and other sports where we kept score...I had his mother tell me about how damaging it was to her sons self esteem that he was a "loser" at a game...This woman was older than me, and so she had to have remembered what real life was like, but here she was spouting this crap...I asked her, whats going to happen when he gets to high school and wants to try out for a team and doesnt make it if he has never had any disappointment in his life...he wont know how to handle it...she then went to the principal who echoed what I said...

honestly these kids that have never lost in their life and hit an age where real life kicks in and disappointment happens and they dont know how to handle it are the ones like Martin who snap...
    No no, you see. It's all about the 92% using fear to intimidate the 8%. The sharps know what is happening here. Some of the low-brow neophytes on this forum just don't understand, it's like a golfer who's lost his swing and can't get it back. Keith Olbermann, a brilliant man, could sort you guys out immediately if he were here to dispense his wisdom to the forum.
    Oh no, we suck again!
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Archibald Meatpants

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Snakes!Dolphins HomerDolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by J. David Wannyheimer View Post
    No no, you see. It's all about the 92% using fear to intimidate the 8%. The sharps know what is happening here. Some of the low-brow neophytes on this forum just don't understand, it's like a golfer who's lost his swing and can't get it back. Keith Olbermann, a brilliant man, could sort you guys out immediately if he were here to dispense his wisdom to the forum.
    On my top five list of guys I want to see punched in the throat. Not that I advocate violence, except I do in regards to him
    Quote Quote