Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Why is it acceptable to use N Word?

1. -11
    Go DOLPHINS

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Jupiter
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by j0hnny63 View Post
    Why is any word ever unacceptable? This is the 21st century. We should be able to use any word we want without fear of old testament-style retribution.
    so, You don't believe in hell?
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Archibald Meatpants

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Snakes!Dolphins HomerDolphin
    South Park episodes
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It is just a word, it only has the power that you place in it.

To place that much significance in a word is idi0tic.

There are a few people who have been killed by coyotes.

Naturally we are so much bigger we should always prevail even against a pack of coyotes,

what has happened is that some people are no longer able to fight back and defend themselves

because they no longer know what it is to fight back.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It is simply a word. It only has power if you give it power.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Rookies

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Moncton, NB
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Don't know why you think anybody thinks its acceptable, why do you think incognito is being punished right now? And I haven't seen a single poster say Incognito shouldn't be punished at all for using that word, although many would argue the punishment is too harsh and I might agree depending on the context the word was used in.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It's not

I think the media is making a lot of noise about that message than it needs to be....I'm disappointed in the black players in that locker room who allowed that word to be used as if it was normal.....no excuse for it.....Richie is not a racist
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by DolphinDevil28 View Post
    Hmmm, I don't know.

Why don't you ask Jay Z, NWA, Tupac, Lil Wayne, or Master P. While you're doing that investigation, ask every coach in the entire league who allows it to play on loop over and over in a locker room. Finally, when you are done that assignment, I want a 1,500 word essay on the meaning of hypocrisy on my desk by Monday.
    Hey, the day black people enslave white people and build a national economy on it and then "free" them, only to enact socially and economically-debilitating discriminatory laws against them, by all means, label it hypocrisy. African Americans have adopted a modified form of it to lessen it's impact, which is common with discriminatory terms amongst the targeted people. That doesn't give white people license to use it however they like.

To be honest, if a black man called Martin a half-******, it would be just as offensive because it's an insult directed squarely at his race as if it were a bad thing. People of mixed races often face discrimination from both sides.

Look, if Incognito was trashing his ability to play, intestinal fortitude, etc., fine. There is simply no excusing what he said. Nor the alleged extortion, but that's on more players than just Incognito.

Quote Quote  

8. -18
    The Cheese Connoisseur

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dolphins HomerDolphin2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by roy_miami View Post
    Don't know why you think anybody thinks its acceptable, why do you think incognito is being punished right now? And I haven't seen a single poster say Incognito shouldn't be punished at all for using that word, although many would argue the punishment is too harsh and I might agree depending on the context the word was used in.
    He shouldn't.

Black men can call each other N words, but now a white guy can't use the term? Never mind in todays youth culuture the word is now used as a greeting or to label a friend.

"Whats up my N-", "These my N-, we got each others back" etc etc....

Notice no one flipped out when Packers players said everyone underestimates Jordy Nelson because "he's fast for a white boy".

Oh the hypocrasy!

Let me go tell someone "Hey, pretty smart for a black man"
    "What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Blankiehead View Post
    It is simply a word. It only has power if you give it power.
    Over 300 years of slavery and nearly 100 years of additional debilitating discriminatory laws gives it power.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    ihaveprettyfeet

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Calgary Alberta
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Christyman5 View Post
    I've been reading over the last few days at all the news, leaked stories, fan reactions etc

The poll on Finheaven has overwhelming support for Incognito

now this may be above just this incident...

why is it acceptable to use the word N...

Why is it acceptable under any circumstance for a white guy to use that term to a black guy?

is society that desensitised? Does the nfl deem this acceptable while other sections of society do not? Why still the support for Ritchie, even from black players? Why does he feel this acceptable?

just wanna gauge opinion.
    Just my 2 cents - all opinion

I have friends who are "coloured" all from South Africa they call themselves "coloured" - when I am hanging out with them i feel "coloured" by association -> they may not appreciate that but that's how I feel -> no I have not gone through the ugly side of being Colured in S.A -> so I shouldn't feel coloured but when you are largely associatiing with coloured guys you feel a bit of their plight and you associate based on being let in to the pack. So white dudes hanging around black guys hearing N----------- this and that.... may also forget that they are just included and are not actually black..., and have no right to use the N----- word. But I hear that N word all the time in Calgary by some black guys and I am like in my mind thinking - wow, I would think you wouldn't want to use that word that you would like that word to go away.... Forever.... So I figure that word used by a Black guy invokes a "pride" that is good and that word "coloured" invokes pride from a coloured man and when a Native Indian calls one of his Native friends "Injun" -> it is because there is healthy pride behind it.

No one chose their colour - we are one big brotherhood - that treats each other like crap unfortunately
    Dmitri Patterson gets indefinitely suspended for "not showing up" and Buttfumble got a raise for "not showing up" - go figure how the JESTS world works?
    Quote Quote