Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Why is it acceptable to use N Word?

1. -41
    I like boobs.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    150 years ago?
    Yeah, slavery. That's what you were alluding to.

Hell, just yesterday I was walking through Carroll Gardens in Brooklyn when I overheard an old white guy talking on his phone say, "And don't send me any of those goddamn ******s! I need qualified technicians, not jigaboos
    Then he is an idiot to undermine someone's work ethic simply by skin color, and you shouldn't base a conversation on nation-wide discrimination on the sultry nature of one old geezer.

Look, again, I don't like anyone saying the word. Anyone. That's why I'm simply trying to illustrate the hypocrisy when it's OK for some and not OK for others. It should be an omitted word in everyone's vocabulary, but that's not the world we live in.

Quote Quote  

2. -42
    I Don't Play . .That's Y I Failed P.E.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Liquordale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Nintendo LogoDolphin2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by matt11390 View Post
    IMO the N word should be banned from use by ALL races. Its discrimination no matter who uses it.
    It's not discrimination when I can go up to a friend who hasn't seen me for a while, tell him "is that my n*gga" he'll look around and then there will be a big embrace. I am hardly discriminating against that person.
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pags77 View Post
    Yes I do have trouble understanding it, because from my perspective I experienced my grandparents coming over from Italy, working for pennies in sweat shops, living in roach infested apartments in the Bronx. They got absolutely no help from the government, ended up dying prematurely from in some heinous nursing homes. They were called guineas, greaseballs, whops, you name it. My parents generation did a little better, got a union job, made it to the middle class. I was able to obtain 2 college degrees, apparently barely enough to turn on a computer, and have continued to elevate. Were my relatives slaves? No they were free citizens, which does taint my perceptions. Here is the question I want to know. How many black Americans that currently reside in this country use this history as a crutch? There were absolute injustices done in the past, no one disputes that, but Jesus Christ already, the color of your skin does not restrict what you can achieve in this country, so lets move on.
    Comparing your Italian grandparents who came over here by their own free will, got paid, and had all the rights of an American citizen to African slaves transported and sold against their will, got paid nothing, and only obtained equal rights in 1969. Seems legit
    Quote Quote  

4. -44
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by MRojas4 View Post
    Nothing wrong with celebrating and remembering your past.

But when someone a white man slips out the N- word....well here comes the NAACP and Rev. Sharpton for the cameras.

It seems more and more black community is preventing itself to move "forward".

Once again, nothing wrong with remembering your past and celebrating your heritage and roots.

On the flip, I guess I should be forever hatefull of Germans and Japanese because my ancestors fought against them for freedom?
    Yes, they are "celebrating" it.

Quote Quote  

5. -45
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by matt11390 View Post
    IMO the N word should be banned from use by ALL races. Its discrimination no matter who uses it.
    Ever heard of freedom of speech? Should we have a police force running around listening for certain words and writing people tickets?
    Quote Quote  

6. -46
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Hollywood,Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by petefins View Post
    It's only acceptable if you're black or an "honorary black man."
    AKA Bill Clinton?
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    I like boobs.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by miamiron View Post
    AKA Bill Clinton?
    Quote Quote  

8. -48
    FinHeaven's Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Carolinia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91PS4 Controller2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Only for sensitive people..

If you care that people call there friends my "nigga" then you have problems

White, black, or any race should be allowed to use the word, it doesn't have the same meaning in society that it once had. Now it's a term of endearment and love for people..

There's nothing wrong with it.

Quote Quote  

9. -49
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Probably an unpopular view but it is just a word. Words are only as powerful as people make them. If someone calls me any name and I am overly offended by it then it is off limits. The common use of this particular word has made it somewhat common verbage in certain circles. What is more socially acceptable calling a black person the N word or calling a girl a C U Next Tuesday?

Neither are acceptable in my view, but society empowers one over the other while both can be considered equally offensive.
    Quote Quote  

10. -50
    I Don't Play . .That's Y I Failed P.E.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Liquordale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Nintendo LogoDolphin2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by natetherock View Post
    Probably an unpopular view but it is just a word. Words are only as powerful as people make them. If someone calls me any name and I am overly offended by it then it is off limits. The common use of this particular word has made it somewhat common verbage in certain circles. What is more socially acceptable calling a black person the N word or calling a girl a C U Next Tuesday?

Neither are acceptable in my view, but society empowers one over the other while both can be considered equally offensive.
    Both can be considered equally offensive, but there are no circumstance where the word "kunt" is used as a term of endearment.
    Quote Quote