Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hayden Fox's Assessment: Week 10

1. -11
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Miamifinz View Post
    We've had leads in what? Every game except the Saints game? Cannot deliver a final blow for ****.
    1st and goal on the 7. Perfect chance to put the game away.. Daniel Thomas sweep to open drive. Incomplete next. Charles Clay screen on 3rd down for 0 yards. Not being able to put teams away has killed this team all season. 3rd win it has cost us
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by shouright View Post
    229 yards passing on 42 attempts is not a good game.

As an analogy, it would be like a running back gaining 105 yards on 40 carries.

It's an inefficient performance in terms of passing, and efficiency in the passing game is what wins.
    I wonder how many passing games have won a game with 2 rushing yards to help it out.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbunglez View Post
    So what do you have for stats with the paltry 2 yards of rushing?
    The HBs combined for 0. All backs had 13 rushes for 0 yards. QB had 2 yards himself. Our QB tied our starting HB for rushing yards with 2. Our backup HB had -2. and our FB had 2 rushes for 0. 13 rushes for 0 yards from our backs.. That is pathetic
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Reading Is Fundamental

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West Palm Beach
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17Cam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamaicankid21 View Post
    The HBs combined for 0. All backs had 13 rushes for 0 yards. QB had 2 yards himself. Our QB tied our starting HB for rushing yards with 2. Our backup HB had -2. and our FB had 2 rushes for 0. 13 rushes for 0 yards from our backs.. That is pathetic
    Reading that makes my eyes bleed.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayden Fox View Post
    * It kind of makes me sick that the players were indignant about people questioning their locker room and they in turn go out and lay and egg.
    This is what makes me wanna literally puke about this team!!
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayden Fox View Post
    Its late. I cannot debate the QB this late.
    The Buccaneers scored 22 points on 21 pass attempts, which is about the number of points per pass the Denver Broncos (the league leaders in that area) score this year.

The Dolphins on the other hand scored 19 points on 42 pass attempts, which is about what the Cleveland Browns have done this year.

Moreover, the Buccaneers prior to tonight scored only 0.42 points per pass attempt, and we managed to increase that to more than a point per attempt tonight, while scoring fewer points per attempt ourselves than we had typically.

In terms of scoring efficiency, we turned the Tampa Bay Buccaneers into the Denver Broncos, while we became the Cleveland Browns.

---------- Post added at 12:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by PogiRo View Post
    I wonder how many passing games have won a game with 2 rushing yards to help it out.
    There is no relationship between rushing performance and passing efficiency. A team can still pass the ball efficiently while running the ball poorly.

Now, if you'd like to make the argument that the team should've rushed the ball more, I'm with you.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Philadelphia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Technically they may be still in it but in reality they are done due to the coaching staff and type of team they have been.

They may come out and beat San Diego in a close game. Then they'll come out flat the following week and end up losing to Carolina by 10. Then they will go up to New York and will get run over by the Jets while making Geno Smith look like Drew Brees. Then they will play a sloppy game against the Steelers winning by a point in the last second. Then they will come home and start out either slow or fast against the patsies either way they will find a way to lose in the end. Philbin's team plays with no fire and only plays well in stretches giving false hope to us fans.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Austin, Tx and Bali, Indo
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Nice write up. The things that bothered me most are:
    -Tannehill needs to use his feet more. We miss to many conversions that he could of easily make by running. I know the tendency is to not make the QB run to avoid injury but there is a point where it simply has to be used.
    -Our no huddle looked so good at the end of the 2nd why don't they use it full time?
    -I'm so disappointed Wallace isn't working out. They need to go back to the drawing board and simply use him over the top and give Mathews starter snaps.
    -People will complain about Tannehill but he showed to anyone who cares to see he can play at a high level when given time, even with no running game.
    -Our RB's sucked. Miller is a joke. I can't believe we got rid of Bush for him to step into the role.
    -This is the same old Dolphins defense, couldn't step it up when it matters. Our offense has youth to use as an excuse, our defense has zero excuses.

Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Clearwater, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    Just one more thing - I think Kevin Coyle and Miami need to part ways in the worst way. These are the # of points this team has given up since week 2:

8 straight games allowing 20+ points. MASSIVE disappointment there.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Austin, Tx and Bali, Indo
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by shouright View Post
    The Buccaneers scored 22 points on 21 pass attempts, which is about the number of points per pass the Denver Broncos (the league leaders in that area) score this year.

The Dolphins on the other hand scored 19 points on 42 pass attempts, which is about what the Cleveland Browns have done this year.

Moreover, the Buccaneers prior to tonight scored only 0.42 points per pass attempt, and we managed to increase that to more than a point per attempt tonight, while scoring fewer points per attempt ourselves than we had typically.

In terms of scoring efficiency, we turned the Tampa Bay Buccaneers into the Denver Broncos, while we became the Cleveland Browns.

---------- Post added at 12:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 AM ----------

There is no relationship between rushing performance and passing efficiency. A team can still pass the ball efficiently while running the ball poorly.

Now, if you'd like to make the argument that the team should've rushed the ball more, I'm with you.
    We had no running game to compliment it. Our running game was short passes. Blame the nonexistent running game.
    Quote Quote