Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Hayden Fox's Assessment: Week 10

1. -41
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayden Fox View Post
    I am shocked about how unenergized the team was last night.
    It shouldn't shock you. That's what the Dolphins do. Win a game you don't expect them to win against Cincinnati and give the winless Bucs their first win of the season. SameOld. Dolphins.

Oh yeah...almost forgot. Tannehill is accurate passing on the run and Sherman knows this. The entire world knows the OL is terrible, yet he keeps Tannehill in the pocket. Genius coaching. It's laughable.
    #freespesh

Quote Quote  

2. -42
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Atlanta, GA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I always appreciate how you can still make this post after every horrific performance the team puts out/displays on the field. I honestly think that in that 3rd and long near the end of the game where our D got hit with a personal foul that gave Tampa a new set of downs changed the outcome of this game. They went from what should of been a 3 and out and excellent field position for the Dolphins offense, to a long, time killing drive for the Bucs that ultimately resulted in a win for them.
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Philly
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Excellent recap as always.

I didnt like the play calling after the Jimmy Wilson pick. Touchdown almost ices the game whereas a FG gives the Bucs hope and we saw what happened from there. There were a handful of times during the game where it just seemed like 3rd down was "don't screw up" rather than take a chance. I cant say for sure they were all designed plays but the 3rd and goal before the last FG (dump off to Clay) looked designed because it happened so fast. Maybe I'm wrong but I hate when you KNOW you need certain yardage and the play doesn't call for it. (i.e 3rd and 8 so lets throw a 5 yard slant and hope for yac.)
    Quote Quote  

4. -44
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirspud View Post
    Yes, it is possible, but it's much harder, and I am almost positive that the guys who do buck the trend are also guys named Brady, Brees, Rodgers, or even a guy like Phillip Rivers. Basically, guys who are either HOF caliber, have had years in the same offense with most of the same players, and established years ago that they are their teams best weapon and their organizations built accordingly. Other guys may buck the trend every once in a while, but it wouldn't be trend if they did all the time. It's ridiculous to expect a second year QB to do that all the time, especially considering the terrible line which was so even before two of its starters were off the team, and yet Tannehill did that not once, not twice, but three times to start the year. Him failing to best the trend right now is simply regression to the mean that even guys like Luck and Russell Wilson would suffer.
    You actually have that framed in reverse. The "trend" is that passing efficiency is not related to running game variables, not that they are and poor ones are surmounted by only the best quarterbacks.

In other words, there is no reason to believe that only the best quarterbacks can surmount a poor rushing performance in terms of passing efficiency.

I think the better explanation for last night's game is that Tannehill is ill-equipped to carry the offense, and so the team is more reliant than other teams on a successful running game. When the running game isn't successful and/or isn't emphasized, that leaves the onus on Tannehill to carry the offense, and he's more often than not unable to do so.
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    Since 84

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Carolina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PerfectFinz72 View Post
    Excellent recap as always.

I didnt like the play calling after the Jimmy Wilson pick. Touchdown almost ices the game whereas a FG gives the Bucs hope and we saw what happened from there. There were a handful of times during the game where it just seemed like 3rd down was "don't screw up" rather than take a chance. I cant say for sure they were all designed plays but the 3rd and goal before the last FG (dump off to Clay) looked designed because it happened so fast. Maybe I'm wrong but I hate when you KNOW you need certain yardage and the play doesn't call for it. (i.e 3rd and 8 so lets throw a 5 yard slant and hope for yac.)

No Killer Instinct.

Quote Quote  

6. -46
    Pirate Lacrosse King

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think Philbin is done.

He does not make a difference.

Look at what Reid, McCoy, and Rex Ryan have done. McCoy has re-energized an offense. He's brought a dynamic variable to their team that wasn't there before. Reid, on the other hand, has taken a dysfunctional group of talent and turned them into a solid group of performers. Reid's record is better, but I am actually more impressed with McCoy.

Now Ryan... Say what you will about that team, but he gets the most out of his players. 2 examples. First, do you think Philbin could go to 2 AFC title games with Sanchez at QB? Second, he is coaching based on the strengths of his players. He isn't forcing them to do what he wants. He is doing what they need.

Anyway, I don't see anything from this group of coaches that demonstrates great coaching. We have a talented group of DL and we are getting hammered with the running game. We can't get to a QB to save our lives. We get 2 personal fouls, 1 of which directly impacted the outcome of the game. We get the ball deep in enemy territory, and we go conservative -- to not lose.

Ross' endorsement as a HC was not particularly glowing, in my opinion. He's the most organized person? I get that a HC is a manager. But he is also a coach, and a guy who sets the tone for the entire direction of the football operation. I don't want a CPA coaching the team. I want a guy who brings something to the table. How many times have we seen images of Belichik talking to his D and making adjustments after they give up points?

Philbin was coaching for his job last night. Scratch that. Philbin was watching for his job last night. He needed his team to win decisively and aggressively. The only aggression I saw was when Pouncey punched someone.
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    Suffering.............

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    What is with Miami's inability to run screens? Doesn't matter the coach or players, I cant remember the last successful screen this team ran yet our opponents run them at will against us.
    Quote Quote