Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Draft Guru Question on 2014 OT's?

  1. -1
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2009
    Posts:
    9,137
    vCash:
    31469
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
Gift received at 02-24-2014, 02:26 PM from hooshoopsTannehill 17Tannehill 17

    Draft Guru Question on 2014 OT's?

    http://walterfootball.com/draft2014OT.php

    Here's a god read and run down on the projected top OT's for the 2014 draft. They have Matthews (Tex A & M) and Lewan (Mich) as top 20 picks, and 5 others rated 1st or 2nd rounders at this point, along with others rated between the 1st and 3rd rounds. It appears to be a very deep drat at OT but, I don't follow this like I used to.

    Your thoughts, and who best fits the ZBS?
    Quote Quote  

  2. -2
    hooshoops's Avatar
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2008
    Posts:
    30,153
    vCash:
    18615
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    best fit is jake matthews...but we aren't sniffing him...he's the best college tackle on tape i have seen in the last few years...last year his tape was rediculous

    lewan i think is a more power scheme fit has feet a lot like jake longs and unlike jake he's having troubles staying healthy in college even...

    the bama kid was terrific last year but there's been some fall off in 2013 still i'm interested

    only one though i think is plug and play never skip a beat is jake mathews...that's exactly what the doctor ordered in this scheme and o

    richardson of tenn is a load can get off balance but he anchors pretty well and is hard to go thru still he's not all that great an athletic fit...hurst feet aren't great nor is his lateral agility

    yankey and martin project as guards to me in the pros...and yankey looks physically a lot like jon martin so WATCH OUT ha ha

    i havent seen enough erving yet but i see some athletes on that flo st oline
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

  3. -3
    DzakkH13's Avatar
    Winning is a Habit

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2006
    Posts:
    3,740
    vCash:
    597
    Loc:
    Flagstaff, Arizona
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    Dolphin1972 Dolphins LogoJurassic WorldCam Wake 91
    This is a pretty deep draft at OT and Erving is a good fit for the type of offense we run.

    That may change next year though depending on who our Head Coach is next season.


    - Hall of Fame Safety Rod Woodson on Dan Marino playing in today's NFL:
    "...the best quarterback I believe is Dan Marino..."
    "If he played with these rules, he'd throw for 100,000 yards."


    Twitter
    - https://twitter.com/ciscoholgate

    Quote Quote  

  4. -4
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2009
    Posts:
    9,137
    vCash:
    31469
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
Gift received at 02-24-2014, 02:26 PM from hooshoopsTannehill 17Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    best fit is jake matthews...but we aren't sniffing him...he's the best college tackle on tape i have seen in the last few years...last year his tape was rediculous

    lewan i think is a more power scheme fit has feet a lot like jake longs and unlike jake he's having troubles staying healthy in college even...

    the bama kid was terrific last year but there's been some fall off in 2013 still i'm interested

    only one though i think is plug and play never skip a beat is jake mathews...that's exactly what the doctor ordered in this scheme and o

    richardson of tenn is a load can get off balance but he anchors pretty well and is hard to go thru still he's not all that great an athletic fit...hurst feet aren't great nor is his lateral agility

    yankey and martin project as guards to me in the pros...and yankey looks physically a lot like jon martin so WATCH OUT ha ha

    i havent seen enough erving yet but i see some athletes on that flo st oline
    Agree on Matthews. We have as mch chance of him being in a Phins uniform next year as his dad, who was one hell of a player. The only VG FA option at LT I see is Albert but, he is gonna cost a bunch. IF we were able to get him, would you go RT in the 1st, a G , maybe even C (depending on Pouncey or, wait until the 2nd based on this group?
    Quote Quote  

  5. -5
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2009
    Posts:
    9,137
    vCash:
    31469
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
Gift received at 02-24-2014, 02:26 PM from hooshoopsTannehill 17Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by DzakkH13 View Post
    This is a pretty deep draft at OT and Erving is a good fit for the type of offense we run.

    That may change next year though depending on who our Head Coach is next season.
    About half of the teams in the NFL are using the ZBS this year, some without the WCO. It appears to be the way to go IF you have the guys to do it with.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -6
    hooshoops's Avatar
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2008
    Posts:
    30,153
    vCash:
    18615
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Southbeach 2 View Post
    Agree on Matthews. We have as mch chance of him being in a Phins uniform next year as his dad, who was one hell of a player. The only VG FA option at LT I see is Albert but, he is gonna cost a bunch. IF we were able to get him, would you go RT in the 1st, a G , maybe even C (depending on Pouncey or, wait until the 2nd based on this group?
    this is gonna sound like a cop out but it depends on what's on the board and what happens with our own dt free agents...right now i would say i'm in tackle dt lb mode with the top pick...but i wouldn't just take a guy like our staff does some times due to need over taking another position player that's a better talent

    if we don't fix this oline though nothing else is gonna matter...it's that bad

    and i doubt we will go lb considering how much we have spent there even though wheeler needs to be replaced as soon as possible...
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. 2014 QB Draft
    By WVDolphan in forum NFL Draft Forum
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 12-01-2013, 12:26 PM
  2. Compensatory Pick Question for 2014
    By miamirw in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-14-2013, 04:01 PM
  3. Question on cap space 2013/2014
    By jack2158 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-24-2013, 07:44 PM
  4. Replies: 34
    Last Post: 11-30-2011, 04:12 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •