Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910

Thread: If u had to classify yourself you would be...

1. -91
    Like me

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tay0365 View Post
    Must tell you how bad the Democrats have gotten. LOL

Actually both parties are nowhere close to where they used to be, and it's very tough for people that are not to far to either side to vote consistently for that one party. JFK would not be very happy in the direction that the Democratic party has been taken, and Ronald Reagan would not be happy in the direction the Republicans are headed. JMO

Even though I am more conservative then liberal, I see the good and bad of both parties....if only politicians stopped the fight to have control for their side, and started agreeing for the better of the American people.
    I could not agree more.
    But I do enjoy seeing some of the Glee generation getting worked up thinking I am a republican.
    Quote Quote  

2. -92
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Las Vegas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I am a liberal. Registered Democrat. Never voted for a Republican, nor will I.

And, restoring a topic from early in this thread, I have no idea if I like coffee. Never had a sip. My only vague idea of what coffee must taste like is from coffee candy.

I handicapped that issue beforehand. Hot murky liquid? Yuck.

This forum is lower trafficked but immensely preferable than years earlier. At that point it was frequented by the type of person who blurts out an anti government wisecrack at a lunch counter or other public place. They think that's plenty. If you challenge them they are out of ammo and scurry toward the exit, mumbling obscenities under their breath.

Lots of anti-union posts here in the old days, mimicked from FOX News. I had a very positive experience on Saturday evening. My AT&T Uverse service has been giving us fits for two months. Frequent outages, to the point of dismay. I've had countess phone conversations with the company and we had four service calls since mid November. On Saturday I couldn't watch the Colts/Chiefs game because our phone, internet and cable were completely out, with a blinking red light on the modem. Luck-ily, I had called for service earlier in the day.

This guy had a vastly different approach than the four previous guys. Instead of assuming it was related to the modem or the connections or the Uverse wiring, he isolated the original wiring leading to the box at the power wire, 20 feet off the ground. We had millions of line errors, according to his device that he clipped to the wiring at the side of the house. He hooked his ladder up there in pitch dark and found the problem. After a few snips of decades old inflexible cable replaced by new, he checked again. Now we had zero errors. And a picture. Amazing. My tape caught the final 10 minutes of the game.

When I congratulated Joshua, he credited it to his union training. He said that until recently, the AT&T service technicians were not allowed to service the boxes attached to the power line, as he did. That was reserved for line technicians, who work shorter days and hours and can be a pain in the ass, according to Joshua. He said when they are needed he hangs up on them until he finds one who he knows is competent. Only when they became part of a union were the employees able to expand their role. Joshua was thrilled to be part of a union, saying his pay and responsibilities and pride have soared as a result. He said he received greater training, and one of the first tests that AT&T gave him after the union membership was to climb a ladder and fix a basic problem with the power box. I said it sounded like parallel parking. Joshua laughed, and agreed.

Otherwise, I concede that when I heard about problems with the Obamacare website late last fall, I assumed they were overblown. Hardly. I tried the site and was astonished by how inept it was. If you clicked for information, the redirect took you away from your base and it was a chore to get back. Unbelievably inept. I experimented and found one problem after another, as if the basics were never checked. I entered my income level and then tried to change it, but it wouldn't erase the original entry. Maddening. Hard to believe they rolled out something so important and managed to impersonate the worst site on the web. Once I finally got to the end and sampled the plans, I was shocked at how expensive they were. Nothing was reasonable. Had to be lack of competition. It didn't seem to make sense at all, other than for someone with existing conditions who otherwise had no chance at coverage.

Extremely disappointing, given everything that was at stake. Hard to overcome first impressions and national meme.
    Last edited by Awsi Dooger; 01-08-2014 at 11:45 PM.
    Quote Quote  

3. -93
    cowboy surfer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Los Angeles
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The majority of people didn't want obamacare then or now is because it's a bad idea functionally and financially. The left just decided to jump the shark on an expensive issue that hits everyone directly.

I don't recall anyone bashing private sector unions like AT&T.

I don't identify with parties anymore, too much noise and myth.
    Quote Quote  

4. -94
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm in the Progressive Extremist National Incumbent Social party.
    Never use a big word when a little filthy one will do.
    Quote Quote  

5. -95
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Victoria, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Filthy Fin View Post
    I'm in the Progressive Extremist National Incumbent Social party.
    Dick!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    Quote Quote  

6. -96
    Finheaven Templar

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Crossroads of TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Awsi Dooger View Post
    I am a liberal. Registered Democrat. Never voted for a Republican, nor will I.

And, restoring a topic from early in this thread, I have no idea if I like coffee. Never had a sip. My only vague idea of what coffee must taste like is from coffee candy.

I handicapped that issue beforehand. Hot murky liquid? Yuck.

This forum is lower trafficked but immensely preferable than years earlier. At that point it was frequented by the type of person who blurts out an anti government wisecrack at a lunch counter or other public place. They think that's plenty. If you challenge them they are out of ammo and scurry toward the exit, mumbling obscenities under their breath.

Lots of anti-union posts here in the old days, mimicked from FOX News. I had a very positive experience on Saturday evening. My AT&T Uverse service has been giving us fits for two months. Frequent outages, to the point of dismay. I've had countess phone conversations with the company and we had four service calls since mid November. On Saturday I couldn't watch the Colts/Chiefs game because our phone, internet and cable were completely out, with a blinking red light on the modem. Luck-ily, I had called for service earlier in the day.

This guy had a vastly different approach than the four previous guys. Instead of assuming it was related to the modem or the connections or the Uverse wiring, he isolated the original wiring leading to the box at the power wire, 20 feet off the ground. We had millions of line errors, according to his device that he clipped to the wiring at the side of the house. He hooked his ladder up there in pitch dark and found the problem. After a few snips of decades old inflexible cable replaced by new, he checked again. Now we had zero errors. And a picture. Amazing. My tape caught the final 10 minutes of the game.

When I congratulated Joshua, he credited it to his union training. He said that until recently, the AT&T service technicians were not allowed to service the boxes attached to the power line, as he did. That was reserved for line technicians, who work shorter days and hours and can be a pain in the ass, according to Joshua. He said when they are needed he hangs up on them until he finds one who he knows is competent. Only when they became part of a union were the employees able to expand their role. Joshua was thrilled to be part of a union, saying his pay and responsibilities and pride have soared as a result. He said he received greater training, and one of the first tests that AT&T gave him after the union membership was to climb a ladder and fix a basic problem with the power box. I said it sounded like parallel parking. Joshua laughed, and agreed.

Otherwise, I concede that when I heard about problems with the Obamacare website late last fall, I assumed they were overblown. Hardly. I tried the site and was astonished by how inept it was. If you clicked for information, the redirect took you away from your base and it was a chore to get back. Unbelievably inept. I experimented and found one problem after another, as if the basics were never checked. I entered my income level and then tried to change it, but it wouldn't erase the original entry. Maddening. Hard to believe they rolled out something so important and managed to impersonate the worst site on the web. Once I finally got to the end and sampled the plans, I was shocked at how expensive they were. Nothing was reasonable. Had to be lack of competition. It didn't seem to make sense at all, other than for someone with existing conditions who otherwise had no chance at coverage.

Extremely disappointing, given everything that was at stake. Hard to overcome first impressions and national meme.
    I'm anti union in almost every way imginable. For ten years, I was essentially a corporate mercenary, doing lawful monitoring of
    labor disputes. I have seen all sorts of abhorrent things that are done in the name of the union/workers/people. All over
    a contract dispute. To the level of burning people's homes, trashing cars, etc. I'm not saying there isn't some sort of inequality, but
    I think it's silly to expect equality. People aren't equal.

Thanks Shifty!

Quote Quote