Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: If u had to classify yourself you would be...

1. -21
    Finheaven Templar

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Crossroads of TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    Latte' Lovin' Lefty...
    Latte+Tats=Dirty Hippie.

Thanks Shifty!

Quote Quote  

2. -22
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GoonBoss View Post
    Latte+Tats=Dirty Hippie.
    Sometimes I worry that other liberals won't accept me because I don't drink coffee and I don't have any tattoos. Then I remember that I like French crime movies and Haitian food and I realize that I'm part of the gang after all.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    The Ghost

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GoonBoss View Post
    Well, there used to be a simple answer to that question, until the political scene
    became so ****ing chippy and petty.

I would like to think I'm a Libertarian, but I'm not. I believe strongly
    in the rule of law, and enforcement of said laws evenly across the board.

HOWEVER

I do not believe that we need so many laws, nor are they beneficial.

I would say I'm right leaning, but don't give a damn about gay marriage at all.
    My only caveat is that they don't get special status. If you want marriage, fine.
    Abide by the same laws/rules as the rest of us. "Equality" is what we're after
    right? Right.

I also don't give a damn about abortion. Two camps fighting a trench warfare
    campaign for about 2% of the population to shift the paradigm one way or the other.

The issue doesn't motivate, nor concern me. I honestly have no opinion on it.

I think government should be smaller, not bigger. I've seen so ****ing many instances of
    oversight on spending being so wantingly lax that MORE government is bad. It's
    self perpetuation, and that's bad. At the same time, people cry about me being a "Stateist"
    because I believe strongly in a united country, and I am an unabashed nationalist.

I guess I'm more an "A la carte" style political dude. Depends on the issue.
    I think you're confusing libertarianism with anarchy. What you described is very much along the lines of libertarian thinking.

Valandui's Weekly Music Video

The Contortionist: Language I: Intuition
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0Bc...cFcJcoyqt1u2zg
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    Sometimes I worry that other liberals won't accept me because I don't drink coffee and I don't have any tattoos. Then I remember that I like French crime movies and Haitian food and I realize that I'm part of the gang after all.
    I can't stand coffee actually. I'm told its an acquired taste, but I've had absolutely no desire to acquire it. Coffee breath is the worst, it stains your teeth, and a caffeine addiction is pretty far down my list of life goals. I do enjoy a cup of tea though...

If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

Quote Quote  

5. -25
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    So no Republicans left. They are now all libertarians and constitutionalists etc.
    I wonder how Bush was elected twice and how McCain and Romney all got their votes.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"You may think that you are some kind of god to these people. But we both know what you really are."
    "What's that? A criminal?"
    "Worse. A politician."
    Source: Under The Dome
    Quote Quote  

6. -26

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phins_4_ever View Post
    So no Republicans left. They are now all libertarians and constitutionalists etc.
    I wonder how Bush was elected twice and how McCain and Romney all got their votes.
    To be fair, all the Neo-cons that we had posting ran with their tail between their legs. They couldn't debate with facts, got hit with infractions when they used personal attacks, then just decided to leave because we are people who actually know what we're talking about and call them out on their ****. The only one left is LANGER, and he doesn't really post as much as he does drive-by posts of ignorance and stupidity before disappearing again for a few weeks...
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    cowboy surfer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Los Angeles
    Thanks / No Thanks

if you want to clear a room of democrats, just say the word obamacare
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Victoria, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The thing is that I am who I am regardless of what you call it. I don't need the Republican party or Fox News to tell me what I believe. The Republican Party just so happens to more closely align with my beliefs and I will vote predominantly Republican until someone steps up who more closely resembles my beliefs.

Just because the party is in disarray, don't believe that there are a lack of people with conservative values...especially fiscally conservative values. Similarly, be careful of getting too arrogant...the Democrats seem to be in a bit of disarray themselves lately. After 8 years of Bush and soon to be 5 years of Obama, can you blame people for being disenfranchised with the two parties and our politics in general?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    Quote Quote  

9. -29

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    The thing is that I am who I am regardless of what you call it. I don't need the Republican party or Fox News to tell me what I believe. The Republican Party just so happens to more closely align with my beliefs and I will vote predominantly Republican until someone steps up who more closely resembles my beliefs.

Just because the party is in disarray, don't believe that there are a lack of people with conservative values...especially fiscally conservative values. Similarly, be careful of getting too arrogant...the Democrats seem to be in a bit of disarray themselves lately. After 8 years of Bush and soon to be 5 years of Obama, can you blame people for being disenfranchised with the two parties and our politics in general?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    I think that's quite the exaggeration to say the Democrats are in disarray. There is some disagreement about Obamacare implementation, but that hardly qualifies as disarray. It's not like you have Democrats trying to primary other Democrats because they aren't left enough for the fringe. I think there is quickly becoming more visible factions within the Republican party, but phins has a point when he notices that there are a ****load more Libertarians now than there was at this time last year. It's become trendy. I hear hipsters talking about it all the time now...
    Quote Quote  

10. -30

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Broward County, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins LogoDolphin
    Oh, snap!

LOL

Quote Quote