Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: If u had to classify yourself you would be...

1. -31
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Victoria, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    I think that's quite the exaggeration to say the Democrats are in disarray. There is some disagreement about Obamacare implementation, but that hardly qualifies as disarray. It's not like you have Democrats trying to primary other Democrats because they aren't left enough for the fringe. I think there is quickly becoming more visible factions within the Republican party, but phins has a point when he notices that there are a ****load more Libertarians now than there was at this time last year. It's become trendy. I hear hipsters talking about it all the time now...
    Oh hell no, Hipsters can not get on my bandwagon! In all reality, I think there has always been people who believed that way but still felt comfortable with moderate Republicans or Southern Democrats. Now, the parties have left those voters and moved to the fringes. If you aren't Religious Right or Flaming Liberal, you probably don't identify with a party too well these days.

I will agree with you that the Republicans are far worse off than the Democrats right now. However, I see the Republicans climbing back and the Democrats falling from their perch. 2016 is going to be a train wreck as both parties are going to be in the dump.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    Quote Quote  

2. -32
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I can't stand coffee actually. I'm told its an acquired taste, but I've had absolutely no desire to acquire it. Coffee breath is the worst, it stains your teeth, and a caffeine addiction is pretty far down my list of life goals. I do enjoy a cup of tea though...
    Same here... until I started drinking Monster Rehabs. Now if I don't have at least one a day I get a headache.
    No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible.
    Quote Quote  

3. -33
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Victoria, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I don't see how anyone can not like coffee. I measure my consumption in pots, not cups. I like the good stuff from places like Kenya, Jamaica, Costa Rica, Hawaii, and the like. Oh well, at least you aren't drinking that fluffy, sugar-laden crap from Starbucks.

Quote Quote  

4. -34
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    I don't see how anyone can not like coffee. I measure my consumption in pots, not cups. I like the good stuff from places like Kenya, Jamaica, Costa Rica, Hawaii, and the like. Oh well, at least you aren't drinking that fluffy, sugar-laden crap from Starbucks.

Because it tastes like ****?

I mean, I gotta be honest, I have a hard enough time sleeping as it is to drink coffee. I'm one of those people that doesn't need much sleep and doesn't sleep very well as it is. Been that way since I was an infant. This is going to sound ridiculous but the pressure change from opening the door is all it takes sometimes. I have some pretty devious ****bag friends and that's saved me a few times. You can't get to my bed before I wake up.

It's a little after nine o'clock at night where I live. I've had two exhausting days with family and haven't slept in three days and I'm about 3/4 of the way through a bottle of wine. I should be ready to pass out.

But, you know, I opened a caffeinated drink, and because I'm going to drink it after I finish my wine it means there's a very good chance I won't get to sleep before four or five in the morning. If I drank coffee by the wheelbarrow I wouldn't sleep at all.
    Last edited by TheWalrus; 11-29-2013 at 10:17 PM.
    Quote Quote  

5. -35
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Victoria, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post

I mean, I gotta be honest, I have a hard enough time sleeping as it is to drink coffee. I'm one of those people that doesn't need much sleep and doesn't sleep very well as it is. Been that way since I was an infant. This is going to sound ridiculous but the pressure change from opening the door is all it takes sometimes. I have some pretty devious ****bag friends and that's saved me a few times. You can't get to my bed before I wake up.

It's a little after nine o'clock at night where I live. I've had two exhausting days with family and haven't slept in three days and I'm about 3/4 of the way through a bottle of wine. I should be ready to pass out.

But, you know, I opened a caffeinated drink, and because I'm going to drink it after I finish my wine it means there's a very good chance I won't get to sleep before four or five in the morning. If I drank coffee by the wheelbarrow I wouldn't sleep at all.
    I suppose that makes sense then. I sleep like I'm in a coma so that isn't a concern for me. I have loved coffee since I was a little kid, it just fit with me. Good luck sleeping tonight!

Quote Quote  

6. -36
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I suppose that makes sense then. I sleep like I'm in a coma so that isn't a concern for me. I have loved coffee since I was a little kid, it just fit with me. Good luck sleeping tonight!

FWIW I'm very unusual in my family. My mother is Cuban and has had cafe con leche (coffee with milk) every morning since she was six or seven years old. My father drinks it the same way you do and even my brother -- who sleeps as much as I don't sleep, to the point where his superhero name is Slothman -- drinks at least four or five cups a day.

There's a good chance I won't even sleep tonight, to be honest. It has that kind of feeling. I've gone for a week at a time only sleeping every other day. I don't know if you've ever tried that. It feels pretty weird. Once time when I did it I watched Good Will Hunting every night when I didn't sleep. Don't ask me why. I don't even like apples.
    Quote Quote  

7. -37
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Victoria, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    FWIW I'm very unusual in my family. My mother is Cuban and has had cafe con leche (coffee with milk) every morning since she was six or seven years old. My father drinks it the same way you do and even my brother -- who sleeps as much as I don't sleep, to the point where his superhero name is Slothman -- drinks at least four or five cups a day.

There's a good chance I won't even sleep tonight, to be honest. It has that kind of feeling. I've gone for a week at a time only sleeping every other day. I don't know if you've ever tried that. It feels pretty weird. Once time when I did it I watched Good Will Hunting every night when I didn't sleep. Don't ask me why. I don't even like apples.
    If I don't get at least six good hours of sleep each night, I am feeling it. If I am short a couple of nights in a row, I am a train wreck! I am an ******* when I get tied and people won't let me sleep. I nearly put a drunk sergeant's head through the wall when I was in the Army as he was carrying on and kept me up. He shut the **** up and went to sleep when I got done with him.

Cubans make outstanding coffee and espresso. Cafe con leche is fantastic. I am a breve person myself...four shots of good espresso and steamed half & half with raw sugar - yum!

---------- Post added at 09:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 PM ----------

Btw, your brother is my hero!

Quote Quote  

8. -38
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Btw, your brother is my hero!
    I've known some good sleepers, but he's the absolute champion. The story is he went an entire week once in college sleeping more than 11 hours a day. I think his personal record is like 20 hours, which to me doesn't even seem possible. If I sleep 10 hours -- which almost never happens -- I wake up with a backache and have to piss so bad it gives me a cramp.
    Quote Quote  

9. -39
    The Fluke

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Well, to go with that line of thinking, I was a libertarian before it was cool.

I think that's quite the exaggeration to say the Democrats are in disarray. There is some disagreement about Obamacare implementation, but that hardly qualifies as disarray. It's not like you have Democrats trying to primary other Democrats because they aren't left enough for the fringe. I think there is quickly becoming more visible factions within the Republican party, but phins has a point when he notices that there are a ****load more Libertarians now than there was at this time last year. It's become trendy. I hear hipsters talking about it all the time now...

---------- Post added at 11:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by phins_4_ever View Post
    So no Republicans left. They are now all libertarians and constitutionalists etc.
    I wonder how Bush was elected twice and how McCain and Romney all got their votes.
    I'm a registered Republican. Ideologically, I'm a libertarian.

---------- Post added at 11:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:15 PM ----------

Same here... until I started drinking Monster Rehabs. Now if I don't have at least one a day I get a headache.
    Those things are amazing.

Valandui's Weekly Music Video

Conducting From the Grave: The Rise
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYQ2aKgXafw
    Quote Quote  

10. -40
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks

While I have no problems sleeping, I'm almost as light of a sleeper as you are. I can go from deep REM sleep straight to sitting up and ready to fight within a few seconds. I adjust to normal sounds in a place pretty well, though it takes a few days. But until then, anything and everything will rouse me. And then even after my body has adjusted to what's normal, any new sound wakes me nearly instantaneously. I do fairly well in a hotel room since they are designed to be pretty sound proof, but anything else I don't even bother. I can't stay with friends on trips because I just won't sleep.

I've had those Monster Rehabs. I can't stand energy drinks. They tend to be way too sweet for me. But those were actually bearable. I hate the way I feel after drinking anything caffeinated, though. I'll do it if I'm dragging and just absolutely need to make it through something, but won't touch them short of that...

If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

Quote Quote