Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: yahoo.com draft mock

1. -1
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo

yahoo.com draft mock

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...5657--nfl.html
    18. Miami Dolphins
    Florida State OT Cameron Erving
    The chances of the Dolphins taking an offensive lineman high are, well, high. It is a position that has been torn apart by controversy, and there is little young depth worth developing. Erving’s tape against Beasley might be enough to warrant a first-round pick — he stoned one of the nation’s best pass rushers.
    don't know much about the class yet. I haven't gone into draft mode. how is erving? the draft is a stretch, I mean they have the titans taking carr. I don't see that happening
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i dont see this pick happening...goodel is going to tak our 1st rounder for bullygate

Quote Quote  

3. -3
    What Sherman aspires to be

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Maryland
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sinPHIN View Post
    http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...5657--nfl.html don't know much about the class yet. I haven't gone into draft mode. how is erving? the draft is a stretch, I mean they have the titans taking carr. I don't see that happening
    I'm not sure about the team but Carr's stock has risen to the first round conversation. Right now he's battling Mettenberger as the top senior QB.

This is a great draft class to have the problem we're having. If we pick in the mid to late teens Taylor Lewan, Cyrus Kouandjio, Cameron Erving, Antonio Richardson, Brandon Scherff, & the new guy Kiper is pumping up in Greg Robinson could be there. It could come down to preference of best pass protector, best run blocker, best combination of both, or upside.

Pass blocking - Richardson
    Run blocking - Scherff
    Combination - Lewan, Kouandjio
    Upside - Erving (pass) , Robinson (run)
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    St Helens, Or
    Thanks / No Thanks
    A quick list of tackles and where SB Nation thinks they'll fall:

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl-mock-dra...ackle-rankings
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Not convinced about Cyrus Kouandjio as a LT, don't think he has the feet for NFL speed rushers, perhaps on the Right Side, but considering it's a big time passing league now, we're only going to see more speed rushers now on the left side of the D, a la Wake. But I would be intrigued about Kouandjio at LG. Taller than the typical guard yes, but still - much like the suspected plan for LT Martin from Notre Dame. Im curious to see him there as I don't think he'd handle LT.

Many will probably liken him to Fluker and give him the shot.

As for Erving? Jury is still out, need to see more, but I like his movement.
    Pat
    Offensive Coordinator
    www.londonblitz.com
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    koaundjio has better feet than fluker...better athlete too...
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    koaundjio has better feet than fluker...better athlete too...
    Im just not seeing it. Ill take a closer look next game
    Quote Quote  

8. -8

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat-London View Post
    Im just not seeing it. Ill take a closer look next game
    take a look at 2012 tape...when he looked like a future left tackle mainstay...his play this year has fallen off some but he gets off the ball well in the run game and i think he has pretty good feet...i agree though that left guard would be interesting there...

flukers feet at left tackle should be an easy exploitation...
    Quote Quote  

9. -9

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i'll admit that i havent studied him much this year or really any of these players that much this year but when i saw him in 2012 i said that looks to me like a top 10 pick worthy talent left tackle
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    take a look at 2012 tape...when he looked like a future left tackle mainstay...his play this year has fallen off some but he gets off the ball well in the run game and i think he has pretty good feet...i agree though that left guard would be interesting there...

flukers feet at left tackle should be an easy exploitation...
    I trust your view Hoops [got it right this time -don't know why I went shoops last time ], so I'll do more review on him. However, your point about…look at 2012 tape, kinda makes me think that this is why i'm not sure. Yes last year he was a stud, but was it because the 'royal' we were all over the Bama OL and none of them could do no wrong? Why is it that his play has fallen this year? Perhaps… and again, I need to see more, but perhaps it was because he was sheltered last year and this year he's the main 'draftable stud' and therefore there are more eyes on him.

The reason why I think Guard is his movement would be well above average for a Guard and would do ok in a ZBS but he also has the power for the inside game going against some physical DT's in the AFC East we are now starting to see [Im expecting us to have trouble against the Jets interior] And with his LT experience he'll be stronger in pass pro. Personally I'm a big fan of getting athletic OT's inside at Guard. Heck, look at Garner a 6'7" 325lbs G/T now playing Centre…
    Quote Quote