Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: yahoo.com draft mock

1. -11
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat-London View Post
    I trust your view Hoops [got it right this time -don't know why I went shoops last time ], so I'll do more review on him. However, your point about…look at 2012 tape, kinda makes me think that this is why i'm not sure. Yes last year he was a stud, but was it because the 'royal' we were all over the Bama OL and none of them could do no wrong? Why is it that his play has fallen this year? Perhaps… and again, I need to see more, but perhaps it was because he was sheltered last year and this year he's the main 'draftable stud' and therefore there are more eyes on him.

The reason why I think Guard is his movement would be well above average for a Guard and would do ok in a ZBS but he also has the power for the inside game going against some physical DT's in the AFC East we are now starting to see [Im expecting us to have trouble against the Jets interior] And with his LT experience he'll be stronger in pass pro. Personally I'm a big fan of getting athletic OT's inside at Guard. Heck, look at Garner a 6'7" 325lbs G/T now playing Centre…
    yeah no doubt we are gonna have problem with the jets dts/de's in that 34...they probably have the best 4 deep rotation in football...i think the height on the inside may play against guys 6 ft 6 plus on the inside...something i am leary about sometimes...anyways what i saw in 2012 was the best looking athlete and player with the best future was the left tackle...over anyone else...just how it looked to me...

i'll be watching closely in bamas bowl game and sec champ game though
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Here are some picks I would be happy with, based on team needs, right now:

1. LT: Lewan or Kuoandijo
    (Michigan and Alabama seem to always turn out Pro ready O-lineman, either would be solid safe picks in the mid-first round).

2. TE: Washington: Austin Sefarian-Jenkins or Iowa: CJ Fiedorowicz.
    (We lost Dustin Keller, and Fasano moved on (no big loss there), but Egnew and Sims seem to have kind of limited upside. I was hoping we would draft Tyler Eifert this past season).

3. DT: Tennessee: Daniel McCullers or Florida: Dominique Easley
    (You never know if we will be able to hold onto Starks and Soliai after this year. We are going to need depth at the DT spot).

4. OG: UCLA: Xavier Su'a-Filo or Georgia: Chris Burnette
    (Richie Incognito may have played his last game in a Phin's uni, so I think we have to draft an LT and OG in the the first four rounds).
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Miami Dolphin Columnist in the Making

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    O Town
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    take a look at 2012 tape...when he looked like a future left tackle mainstay...his play this year has fallen off some but he gets off the ball well in the run game and i think he has pretty good feet...i agree though that left guard would be interesting there...

flukers feet at left tackle should be an easy exploitation...
    Fluker was playing well at G before he was switched to Tackle because of Injury, he was just a spot play when our Dline ate him up
    Follow me on Twitter.. @DSEmpire_BA

For My work http://dynastysportsempire.com/author/brent-antonio/
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Finheaven Hall of Fame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1. Jace Amaro TE
    2. Brandon Scherff OT/La'il Collins OT
    3. Anthony Steen OG
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

i'll be watching closely in bamas bowl game and sec champ game though
    Hey Hoops, just picking up on this one - any further thoughts after the game?

I still think he'd be better suited to guard as his weakness was exploited with OU's speed rushers.
    Pat
    Offensive Coordinator
    www.londonblitz.com
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    PowerHungryMo'fo

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    OU's speed rushers ate him alive. I'll pass as a LT, NFL guys are just as fast
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Munchkin Land / Emerald C
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I would take the best impact OLB, or ILB with our first pick, and then address the oline with picks 2-4.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Miami Dolphin Columnist in the Making

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    O Town
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LANGER72 View Post
    I would take the best impact OLB, or ILB with our first pick, and then address the oline with picks 2-4.
    Honestly with this draft we can get GREAT oline talent in the second and third round...i wouldn't mind grabbing an good run stopping ILB...however Jenkins showed flashes when he was given a chance
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat-London View Post
    Hey Hoops, just picking up on this one - any further thoughts after the game?

I still think he'd be better suited to guard as his weakness was exploited with OU's speed rushers.
    yeah he looked like a guard all day long in that bowl game...arm length looks like vines though...but his movement was guard like...off balance a few times and almost crossed his feet trying to get as wide as he could vs the speed rush...that said i think that little guy would give a lot of guys fits with his speed around the corner...

but i agree with you now that guard looks like the spot...maybe some spot tackle play in a pinch...i dont see the same foot and move athlete in pass pro i saw last year...blew some assignments also on stunt plays where he should have picked up the late free db blitzer off the edge
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    it is what it is

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Justice League Watchtower
    Thanks / No Thanks
    flukers feet at left tackle should be an easy exploitation...
    Like 2 sacks in the 1st qtr yesterday?

---------- Post added at 03:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:54 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by LANGER72 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinSoldia View Post
    Honestly with this draft we can get GREAT oline talent in the second and third round...i wouldn't mind grabbing an good run stopping ILB...however Jenkins showed flashes when he was given a chance
    What about Morris (MLB) from Iowa in the 4th or 5th?
    Winning without ethics is not winning at all - Don Shula.

Quote Quote