Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Reall, Oprah?

1. -1
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Chester,Va.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Superman logoFord LogoCam Wake 91

Reall, Oprah?

http://www.mrconservative.com/2013/1...se-were-black/

Do you have to go there? Why not also mention the reason why several people support him? Her statement obviously has an agenda. For the record, I'm not disputing what she said. I'm disputing her not giving the whole story.

Also, how does she think she got to be so rich? Was it because of all of the racism she faces in her tragically depressing life? Of course there are racists. Racism will always exist. But we aren't being fair if we focus on one aspect of it, and not the other.

I'm sure there are people who don't like him (or even her, for that matter) because of the color of their skin. Believe what you want, but you're lying to yourself if you think Obama hasn't received votes or support for the same reason she is complaining about.

What does the Bible say about getting the plank out of your own eye? I think it fits here.

I used to like Oprah, she has done a lot of good things for people, but I don't like her nearly as much after seeing she's pulling this crap. I'm very disappointed.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    She's promoting a movie... Unfortunately her provocative approach is strengthening racial divide rather then helping. Her power over a large group of followers is being used unwisely IMO
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Archibald Meatpants

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Snakes!Dolphins HomerDolphin
    I can honestly say, that in my entire existence, I have never ever ever, over these many decades, have ever seen her show. Never. Not once. I can't even recall ever seeing an excerpt from it including the tom cruise nuttiness.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry_Bagpipe View Post
    I can honestly say, that in my entire existence, I have never ever ever, over these many decades, have ever seen her show. Never. Not once. I can't even recall ever seeing an excerpt from it including the tom cruise nuttiness.
    Agreed. However I did once mail her a bag of cum.

#freespesh
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Munchkin Land / Emerald C
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Oprah worships money. She sold her soul long ago. If there is a way for her to profit by cleverly dividing races, she will try to capitalize.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    You're standing on my neck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Gainesville, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    “There’s a level of disrespect for the office that occurs. And that occurs in some cases and maybe even many cases because he’s African American. There’s no question about that and it’s the kind of thing nobody ever says but everybody’s thinking it.”
    Those words are pretty clear. She is saying many of the ​cases of increased disrespect for the office is because he's black. Agree or disagree, it's hardly what the OP or the article is making it out to be.
    Not every human is a manipulative, opportunistic, letch... or at least that's what I'm told.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesBW43 View Post
    Those words are pretty clear. She is saying many of the ​cases of increased disrespect for the office is because he's black. Agree or disagree, it's hardly what the OP or the article is making it out to be.
    I agree with her, actually. I used to think there was nothing sillier than people finding discrimination or racism in the tiniest, most insignificant things. I say this as a mixed race person, by the way. My mother is a Cuban immigrant (if you don't consider that mixed race, that's okay. Wouldn't blame you). Anyway it didn't take me long to find something much sillier, and that's the group of people who think racism is some relic of the past. Something far in their rear view mirror.

My goodness. I can't imagine the drugs it would take for me so ignorant of the world as to feel this way. As I've told rob, I stopped smoking pot many years ago. But even when I smoked it... it's not like it made me blind. Stupid, perhaps. I often felt stupid. But never that stupid, dig?
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Chester,Va.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Superman logoFord LogoCam Wake 91
    I'm not saying that he or she has not endured any racism. I am not saying that it is right either. What I am saying is that if you are going point it out, it seems rather convenient to ignore the fact that Obama got support because he was "the black guy" or to blow up the issue. If anyone voted even in part because of Obama's skin color (whether AGAINST him OR FOR him) that is racism. If anyone supports or denies him even in part because of his color, I don't care if it only factors as 1% of his or her decision process, THAT is wrong. It happens both ways. Don't give me the typical "Who cares? White people didn't endure hundreds of years of slavery" line. Wrong is wrong regardless of who it effects, and a lot of people (myself included) are getting tired of hearing the same line from people who ignore the other aspect of things.

I told my friends that Obama wouldn't get a 100% fair shake (because of his color) before he even got elected the first time. I acknowledge that even to this day. I voted for him the first term, but not the second term. Why is it that nobody high profile can accept the fact that much of the support he gets is for the same reason? When these high profile people (such as Oprah) speak up only in one direction, it gets old and shows their bias. It makes me question whether or not their choices to support the President are for purely ethical reasons.

Whether we are talking about the President or Oprah, the fact remains that neither could have reached the levels of success that either of them has reached if the nation were as racist as they seemingly would like you to think it is.

Nobody is claiming that racism is some thing of the past. What people do get tired of is the perspective that someone who is not a minority cannot be a victim of racism or even to admit the frequency of it.

It's like people are screaming "don't say it doesn't exist anymore, but it doesn't ever happen to you." That's BS. You have never walked in my shoes. I'm not saying I've faced racism every single day of my life, but I have been on the receiving end of it several times in my life.

I've had people tell me they got a speeding ticket because they are black. I asked them if they were speeding and every last one of them that I've ever asked said yes, but that they wouldn't have been pulled over if they were white. WHAT? I'm a white guy, and over my lifetime I have received several speeding tickets. I've never once been pulled over and not received a ticket for what I was pulled for. So my color got me nowhere. So what does their complaint look like?

Work hard, keep an open mind and do a good job and the overwhelming majority of people will have no choice but to support. You will always have people who work against you for whatever reason, I don't care if you are white, black, brown, red, yellow, blue, green, or purple. It will happen.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    You're standing on my neck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Gainesville, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    She's not talking about support or opposition. She's talking about specific cases of disrespect for the office of the Presidency. Things like Joe Wilson yelling out "you lie," interrupting the President while he's giving the State of the Union or the idiotic birther movement trying to undercut the President's legitimacy.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Finheaven Hall of Fame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    She is an elitist now. Hollywood elitist. Her shows took a dive once she started to take to obama blindly while living off the prodjection that she was apolitical when discussing it on her shows.

now that obama is diving, she too will ensue even further. Its a vicisous circle.

She is completely unaware of her surroundings anymore.

---------- Post added at 03:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:28 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by JamesBW43 View Post
    She's not talking about support or opposition. She's talking about specific cases of disrespect for the office of the Presidency. Things like Joe Wilson yelling out "you lie," interrupting the President while he's giving the State of the Union or the idiotic birther movement trying to undercut the President's legitimacy.
    the truth often hurts.

nobody had a problem when Harry Reid said something along the lines of Bush being killed or something most people would not wish upon their worst enemy. Where was Oprah then?

Its called selective reasoning.
    Quote Quote