Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Reall, Oprah?

1. -11
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap View Post
    I'm not saying that he or she has not endured any racism. I am not saying that it is right either. What I am saying is that if you are going point it out, it seems rather convenient to ignore the fact that Obama got support because he was "the black guy" or to blow up the issue. If anyone voted even in part because of Obama's skin color (whether AGAINST him OR FOR him) that is racism. If anyone supports or denies him even in part because of his color, I don't care if it only factors as 1% of his or her decision process, THAT is wrong. It happens both ways. Don't give me the typical "Who cares? White people didn't endure hundreds of years of slavery" line. Wrong is wrong regardless of who it effects, and a lot of people (myself included) are getting tired of hearing the same line from people who ignore the other aspect of things.
    There's a difference between identity politics and racism. I'll give you an example. My mother is a Cuban immigrant, and I know she'd love to see Marco Rubio become president one day. She likes his politics in any case, but beyond that it would show how far Cubans have risen in American society and would make her feel proud of her heritage and culture. That doesn't make her racist against white people or black people or any kind of people. Or do you think it does?

Quote Quote  

2. -12
    You're standing on my neck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Gainesville, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by finfan54 View Post
    She is an elitist now. Hollywood elitist. Her shows took a dive once she started to take to obama blindly while living off the prodjection that she was apolitical when discussing it on her shows.

now that obama is diving, she too will ensue even further. Its a vicisous circle.

She is completely unaware of her surroundings anymore.

---------- Post added at 03:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:28 PM ----------

the truth often hurts.

nobody had a problem when Harry Reid said something along the lines of Bush being killed or something most people would not wish upon their worst enemy. Where was Oprah then?

Its called selective reasoning.
    First of all. Disrespect is independent of whether the claims are true or not. Secondly, neither was true. While obviously every politician lies, Joe Wilson's outburst was (iirc) about the ability of illegal immigrants to get free health insurance. As for Harry Reid, I don't know what you're referring to.
    Not every human is a manipulative, opportunistic, letch... or at least that's what I'm told.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Finheaven Hall of Fame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesBW43 View Post
    First of all. Disrespect is independent of whether the claims are true or not. Secondly, neither was true. While obviously every politician lies, Joe Wilson's outburst was (iirc) about the ability of illegal immigrants to get free health insurance. As for Harry Reid, I don't know what you're referring to.
    http://startthinkingright.wordpress....is-mom-a-btch/
    Quote Quote  

4. -14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Gainesville, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    And how is that disrespecting the office?
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    la la land
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Oprah was made by this racist country. She used to carry herself with dignity and class. Now she'sjust plain old trash. Yes racism still exsists, obviously, that's why this "knockout game" exsists Jim Crow exsisted, the drug war etc....etc....but really, is she trying to pretend its only whites that are racist? Really? Lol! Thats precious. Alec Baldwin got kicked to the curb for calling someone a "cocksucking ******",so msnbc boots him, but Karen Finney says "those crazy crackers on the right" ON CAMERA, which resulted in her being punished by getting her own show. Now please Oprah, tell me how racist Obamas opponents are.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Chester,Va.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    She's not talking about support or opposition. She's talking about specific cases of disrespect for the office of the Presidency. Things like Joe Wilson yelling out "you lie," interrupting the President while he's giving the State of the Union or the idiotic birther movement trying to undercut the President's legitimacy.
    I understand that. Just because that "you lie" hasn't happened before doesn't mean that instance is race related. People really have not liked the things he has done. The birth thing.... he could have squashed that thing really early if everything is true and he wanted to squash it. I blame how drawn out that was partially on him.

---------- Post added at 05:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:16 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by finfan54 View Post
    She is an elitist now. Hollywood elitist. Her shows took a dive once she started to take to obama blindly while living off the prodjection that she was apolitical when discussing it on her shows.

now that obama is diving, she too will ensue even further. Its a vicisous circle.

She is completely unaware of her surroundings anymore.

---------- Post added at 03:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:28 PM ----------

the truth often hurts.

nobody had a problem when Harry Reid said something along the lines of Bush being killed or something most people would not wish upon their worst enemy. Where was Oprah then?

Its called selective reasoning.
    Good points.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Chester,Va.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    There's a difference between identity politics and racism. I'll give you an example. My mother is a Cuban immigrant, and I know she'd love to see Marco Rubio become president one day. She likes his politics in any case, but beyond that it would show how far Cubans have risen in American society and would make her feel proud of her heritage and culture. That doesn't make her racist against white people or black people or any kind of people. Or do you think it does?
    If she would vote for him strictly for his race, her actions would be racist in nature. I'm not saying that would mean she is a racist...just her individual action would be.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Chester,Va.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I don't remember the specifics, but I can tell you for a fact that illegals can and do get free health insurance. HIPAA rules really screw up the system.

---------- Post added at 05:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:22 PM ----------

And how is that disrespecting the office?
    Are you serious?
    Last edited by Scrap; 11-23-2013 at 06:41 PM.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Chester,Va.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by studsatele View Post
    Oprah was made by this racist country. She used to carry herself with dignity and class. Now she'sjust plain old trash. Yes racism still exsists, obviously, that's why this "knockout game" exsists Jim Crow exsisted, the drug war etc....etc....but really, is she trying to pretend its only whites that are racist? Really? Lol! Thats precious. Alec Baldwin got kicked to the curb for calling someone a "cocksucking ******",so msnbc boots him, but Karen Finney says "those crazy crackers on the right" ON CAMERA, which resulted in her being punished by getting her own show. Now please Oprah, tell me how racist Obamas opponents are.
    My point exactly.

I wonder if Rachel Jeantel would have received a full ride to college from Tom Joyner had she been a white friend of Trayvon Martin.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Gainesville, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I understand that. Just because that "you lie" hasn't happened before doesn't mean that instance is race related. People really have not liked the things he has done. The birth thing.... he could have squashed that thing really early if everything is true and he wanted to squash it. I blame how drawn out that was partially on him.
    What does it matter when he finally caved to those idiots or how long it lasted? They still thought it. And yes, strictly speaking, we don't know what Joe Wilson thinks but you have to take the totality of circumstances and look at the big picture.

I don't remamber the spacifics, but I can tell you for a fact that illegals can and do get free health insurance. HIPAA rules really screw up the system.

---------- Post added at 05:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:22 PM ----------

Are you serious?
    I don't know anything about HIPAA, but the President was talking about the ACA when Wilson interrupted him.

And yes, I'm serious. Reid's comment were directed at President Bush the man, in a book. If Reid called President Bush a bitch during the State of the Union while he was present in the official capacity as President of the United States, that would be disrespecting the office.

Now, just to preempt something I expect someone to say, no I don't actually care about these things. I actually think Congress should stop walking on eggshells and just go at it like the British Parliament. I am simply pointing out that there is a difference between respecting the office and respecting the man. And there is an argument to be made (agree or disagree) that the respect for the office by elected representatives is less under President Obama than recent Presidents.
    Quote Quote