Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 61

Thread: Xbox One launch

  1. -1
    AquaInferno's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2005
    Posts:
    2,336
    vCash:
    2223
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks

    Xbox One launch

    Well I went to the same store as last week and attended the Xbox One launch. The lines were shorter than that of the PS4 so if my local Best Buy is any representation the PS4 has a higher buy rate. That's just from what I saw however.

    As far as the XB1 goes the box is by far the best video game packaging I have ever opened. Being a tech guy I love a good unboxing, but that's a 2 minute thrill. Out of the box setup REQUIRES online, I could not figure out a way to get past it. Kinect however is not 100% mandatory and I left mine unplugged from the system. The controllers still require a play and charge kit unlike Sony, money grab by Microsoft. The install times for games are ridiculous. I can't overstate that. It took 30-40 minutes for COD Ghosts to even get to playable for me. Ridiculous. When I get Forza 5 tonight I know I am in for another long install wait. Also another negative is the initial setup insisted I was connected via DVI and not HDMI and I had to change the default display connection. Come on there's not even a DVI port on the Xbox One don't default to an option people need adapters to use. The user interface is the same as Xbox 360 so nothing to really comment on there. The finish of the console is like the PS4, half and half even on the same halves I have them one above another in my entertainment center. If there's anything anyone wants to know leave it. I can definitely compare the 2 consoles in person for anyone only planning on one or the other and is unsure.

    Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    Quote Quote  

  2. -2
    Thumper1016's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2004
    Posts:
    2,579
    vCash:
    9800
    Loc:
    Wheatland, WY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Gears of War tagPlaystation LogoCam Wake 91PS4 Controller2013 Dolphins Logo
    The install times sound brutal. I am on the fence but leaning to PS4. Are the graphics about the same for both? Which of the controllers feels better to you?
    Quote Quote  

  3. -3
    trojanma's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2010
    Posts:
    1,617
    vCash:
    3832
    Loc:
    Magic City
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoTannehill 17Dolphins Homer
    Got mine from Amazon. No issues. The interface is really fast.

    Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    Quote Quote  

  4. -4
    DisturbedShifty's Avatar
    Wort-wort-wort!!!

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2006
    Posts:
    5,454
    vCash:
    7953
    Loc:
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Halo LegendaryGalactic Empire medalXbox LogoPlaystation LogoNintendo Logo
    I haven't gotten one yet. But after watching this video I would like to get one soon. And I gotta say I am rather glad they are forcing everyone to get the Kinetic after watching this demo. It really is leaps and bounds better than the first Kinetic.

    Quote Quote  

  5. -5
    AquaInferno's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2005
    Posts:
    2,336
    vCash:
    2223
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumper1016 View Post
    The install times sound brutal. I am on the fence but leaning to PS4. Are the graphics about the same for both? Which of the controllers feels better to you?
    I really like the fact the One controller has rumble in the triggers. I almost want to give the edge to the One controller. I can't tell how to distinguish which controller is associated with which player on One. Dual Shock 4 is a very nice controller and works on PS3 if plugged in via USB. You won't be truly disappointed in either. As far as graphics I would say it's close right now. Most of the games available are ports and it is still early in the life cycle. Most people I know are going PS4 and if you made that choice you won't be going wrong. The Xbox One install times are so bad that unless you care about the cable box aspect, or know people on XBL, or MUST have one of the One exclusives out or coming I would say just save the $100 and go PS4 like most people.

    Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    Quote Quote  

  6. -6
    Thumper1016's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2004
    Posts:
    2,579
    vCash:
    9800
    Loc:
    Wheatland, WY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Gears of War tagPlaystation LogoCam Wake 91PS4 Controller2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by AquaInferno View Post
    I really like the fact the One controller has rumble in the triggers. I almost want to give the edge to the One controller. I can't tell how to distinguish which controller is associated with which player on One. Dual Shock 4 is a very nice controller and works on PS3 if plugged in via USB. You won't be truly disappointed in either. As far as graphics I would say it's close right now. Most of the games available are ports and it is still early in the life cycle. Most people I know are going PS4 and if you made that choice you won't be going wrong. The Xbox One install times are so bad that unless you care about the cable box aspect, or know people on XBL, or MUST have one of the One exclusives out or coming I would say just save the $100 and go PS4 like most people.

    Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the info. My plan is like Shifty's I am going to get both just having a hard time deciding on which one will be first. But with the reports coming out that XB1 may be hard to get for a while I guess PS4 will be the only way to go for now.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -7
    AFCMiamiEast's Avatar
    Who pissed in your kool aide?

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Feb 2012
    Posts:
    1,565
    vCash:
    746
    Loc:
    Delray Beach, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo
    I won't be getting either console (and when I do buy one, it's only going to be one or the other) for at least another year. My friends are hanging on to their 360 as well, and I have a really close group of people who I game with. I am just hopping that there will still be a lot of competition on multiplayer this year, do yall think the server populations on the 360 will go down a lot after the release of the next gen consoles? That would suck for people like me.



    "Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see."
    Quote Quote  

  8. -8
    DisturbedShifty's Avatar
    Wort-wort-wort!!!

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2006
    Posts:
    5,454
    vCash:
    7953
    Loc:
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Halo LegendaryGalactic Empire medalXbox LogoPlaystation LogoNintendo Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by AFCMiamiEast View Post
    I won't be getting either console (and when I do buy one, it's only going to be one or the other) for at least another year. My friends are hanging on to their 360 as well, and I have a really close group of people who I game with. I am just hopping that there will still be a lot of competition on multiplayer this year, do yall think the server populations on the 360 will go down a lot after the release of the next gen consoles? That would suck for people like me.
    No. You will see a decline in the 360 population probably around the middle of next year. Right now there aren't a lot of games for the new consoles. And the majority of the games for the new consoles can still be had on the current Gen systems.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -9
    The Stache99's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2011
    Posts:
    445
    vCash:
    2173
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm going Xbone first.... I'm going to wait until February prolly. Can't wait for Titanfall. That game alone is why I'm going XBone first. And I'm a PS3 guy who occasionally plays 360. Either way February can't get here fast enough!


    Avatar & Sig pic by: DisturbedShifty
    Quote Quote  

  10. -10
    Valandui's Avatar
    The Fluke

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2008
    Posts:
    9,478
    vCash:
    11123
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stache99 View Post
    I'm going Xbone first.... I'm going to wait until February prolly. Can't wait for Titanfall. That game alone is why I'm going XBone first. And I'm a PS3 guy who occasionally plays 360. Either way February can't get here fast enough!
    I may do Titanfall on PC.

    Valandui's Weekly Music Video

    Conducting From the Grave: The Rise
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYQ2aKgXafw
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Xbox 360 - Gaming Lagoon - Free Xbox stuff...
    By QuenteK25 in forum Gaming Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-12-2007, 01:09 AM
  2. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-29-2006, 03:51 PM
  3. XBox 360 Launch Titles
    By Motion in forum Gaming Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-12-2005, 08:48 AM
  4. will the xbox 360 be able to play xbox games?
    By Doktor Ivel in forum Gaming Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-13-2005, 03:11 PM
  5. Get XBOX 360 at launch
    By Phinzone in forum SPAM
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-26-2005, 10:29 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •