Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Xbox One launch

1. -51
    Ours is the fury.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Oh boy I can't wait for the next NCAA Football game to come out for the new consoles.

Too soon?
    Quote Quote  

2. -52
    Misery Loves Company

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kentucky
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Rebel AllianceSuperman logoXbox LogoPlaystation LogoSnakes!
    Quote Originally Posted by Clipse View Post
    Honestly, outside of the original Crysis and perhaps some of the original WW2 shooters (early COD and MOH), every single campaign I've played in a multiplayer centered arcade shooter has been awful. I'd much rather these developers stop wasting development time on terrible campaigns and start innovating multiplayer. Looking at you Call of Duty.
    Did you play COD: Black ops or BOII? because the story is excellent.
    "I didn't feel like we had to score," Tannehill said. "I had the mindset we were going to score."

Quote Quote  

3. -53
    mediocrity sucks

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Drum, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DisturbedShifty View Post
    See here is the thing. I personally grew up with the NES. That means most games were geared towards a single player mode. I LOVE a good campaign. The story doesn't have to be good, just so long as I can still play something by myself that is set in the game's world and not have to worry about some whiney ass 12 year old screaming in my ear about how I stole "his" kill. To me multiplayer is something to bide the time until the next game comes out.
    Well I disagree entirely about your view on multiplayer gaming and I prefer great storied single player games myself.

Single player games are still single player games. You're still going to get plenty of great single player games though you probably picked up the wrong console as most xbox exclusives are multiplayer based.

But if you're expecting great campaigns from multiplayer games and that's just not going to happen.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk
    Quote Quote  

4. -54
    mediocrity sucks

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Drum, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildbill3 View Post
    Did you play COD: Black ops or BOII? because the story is excellent.
    Yes. Both were typical over the top fake , extremely cheesy, lame campaigns in my opinion. But I'm pretty picky when it comes to fps games anyways. I need some semblance of realism to immerse me. Probably why I don't watch action movies anymore. That type of stuff is cheesy to me.

The ARMA series is what I look for in a campaign and especially for co-op gameplay. Loved the old school Rainbow Six games before R6 Vegas. Old school Ghost Recon. Those are games that do single player fps campaigns right imo.

Quote Quote  

5. -55
    The Ghost

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It always makes me think of Yahtzee's reviews of them. They were absolutely hysterical.
    Yes. Both were typical over the top fake , extremely cheesy, lame campaigns in my opinion. But I'm pretty picky when it comes to fps games anyways. I need some semblance of realism to immerse me. Probably why I don't watch action movies anymore. That type of stuff is cheesy to me.

The ARMA series is what I look for in a campaign and especially for co-op gameplay. Loved the old school Rainbow Six games before R6 Vegas. Old school Ghost Recon. Those are games that do single player fps campaigns right imo.

Valandui's Weekly Music Video

Black Crown Initiate: Withering Waves
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlqJA1Rteio
    Quote Quote  

6. -56
    Misery Loves Company

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kentucky
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Rebel AllianceSuperman logoXbox LogoPlaystation LogoSnakes!

we will have to agree to disagree then. I thoroughly enjoyed the single player stories of both BO games, and as far as fps goes I'm either playing BF4 or BO II for the multiplayer. To each their own though, If I want a good story I don't go to a game designed around the multiplayer looking for one.
    Quote Quote  

7. -57
    mediocrity sucks

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Drum, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildbill3 View Post
    we will have to agree to disagree then. I thoroughly enjoyed the single player stories of both BO games, and as far as fps goes I'm either playing BF4 or BO II for the multiplayer. To each their own though, If I want a good story I don't go to a game designed around the multiplayer looking for one.
    Pretty much. Like I said, some of these companies need to do away with single player altogether and focus on multiplayer only to make it better. COD is the best example. COD is becoming increasingly awful each year. Stop wasting development time on lame campaigns and fix the part that made COD popular in the first place.

Quote Quote  

8. -58
    The Ghost

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Pretty much. Like I said, some of these companies need to do away with single player altogether and focus on multiplayer only to make it better. COD is the best example. COD is becoming increasingly awful each year. Stop wasting development time on lame campaigns and fix the part that made COD popular in the first place.

Quote Quote  

9. -59
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wheatland, WY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Gears of War tagPlaystation LogoCam Wake 91PS4 Controller2013 Dolphins Logo
    Thought you might find this interesting Shifty since you just got your XB1.
    http://www.fool.com/investing/genera...-gamestop.aspx
    Quote Quote  

10. -60
    Wort-wort-wort!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Xbox LogoHalo LegendaryGalactic Empire medalPlaystation LogoNintendo Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumper1016 View Post
    Thought you might find this interesting Shifty since you just got your XB1.
    http://www.fool.com/investing/genera...-gamestop.aspx
    The only problem there is the fact that not everyone can afford the internet. Hell it's taking most of my tax returns to pay for Internet up front for a year to afford Internet. So long as there are people that can't afford the internet, or military folks who are in the middle of nowhere, there will be a demand for physical copies.

The only way for the gaming industry to go strictly digital is if the US government steps in and requires that high speed Internet be the new minimum requirement for Internet usage. Currently the minimum requirement is dial up Internet and that isn't fast enough to download a half hour TV show let alone an entire game. For the foreseeable future, and the fact that government is company sponsored, there will be no change in the internet requirements.
    Quote Quote