Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Xbox One launch

1. -11
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Magic City
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoTannehill 17Dolphins Homer
    The interface on Xbox One is really fast and fluid. I used my 360 as my video streame, etc and this is a massive upgrade.

I still have to get an IR Blaster(which I had to order) to get the One Guide fully operation but when I get it I think it will work very well.

Can't really speak to the games as none of these opening titles excited me too much.
    I got the new Fifa which graphically isn't light years beyond older ones but the interface is really fast and fluid.

If you are only into games and games alone then the PS4 is probably making more sense. If you plan on using the Console for more then xbox.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    The Fluke

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    More good news from the Xbone camp.

Valandui's Weekly Music Video

Conducting From the Grave: The Rise
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYQ2aKgXafw
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Wort-wort-wort!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Halo LegendaryGalactic Empire medalXbox LogoPlaystation LogoNintendo Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Valandui View Post
    More good news from the Xbone camp.

Gotta say, I don't have a problem with this. I have heard so many vile things on XBL that I disable the voice chat when I am not playing with friends.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    mediocrity sucks

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Drum, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DisturbedShifty View Post
    Gotta say, I don't have a problem with this. I have heard so many vile things on XBL that I disable the voice chat when I am not playing with friends.
    Except this is in regards to recorded videos and most disturbingly, private Skype calls. Thank God I learned my lesson with Microsoft. The DRM measures they tried to institute and laughingly backtracked on should of been enough warning to people.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Wort-wort-wort!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Clipse View Post
    Except this is in regards to recorded videos and most disturbingly, private Skype calls. Thank God I learned my lesson with Microsoft. The DRM measures they tried to institute and laughingly backtracked on should of been enough warning to people.
    Yeah I know. I still think it isn't a bad thing. There should be no reason for the voice over to have too many curse words. I mean adding a voice over gives you a chance to think what you are going to say instead of spouting off at the mouth in the heat of the moment.

Also, I am pretty sure the DRM thing will come back. Especially since they plan on using Cloud processing to run games down the line. Actually Microsoft plans on using Cloud processing for most of it's devices anyway. As for Skype I will play devil's advocate in this case. Just because it kicked them off it doesn't mean it is listening to every call. For all we know it could just be some "crossed" wires in the software that allowed the programs to access the same TOS. Also, you are on the internet. You should ALWAY operate under the assumption that someone is watching you.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    The Fluke

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Yeah I know. I still think it isn't a bad thing. There should be no reason for the voice over to have too many curse words. I mean adding a voice over gives you a chance to think what you are going to say instead of spouting off at the mouth in the heat of the moment.

Also, I am pretty sure the DRM thing will come back. Especially since they plan on using Cloud processing to run games down the line. Actually Microsoft plans on using Cloud processing for most of it's devices anyway. As for Skype I will play devil's advocate in this case. Just because it kicked them off it doesn't mean it is listening to every call. For all we know it could just be some "crossed" wires in the software that allowed the programs to access the same TOS. Also, you are on the internet. You should ALWAY operate under the assumption that someone is watching you.
    I agree with that, but it does kind of fly in the face of Microsoft's "We're not going to spy on you" mantra that came as a result of the rumors.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Wort-wort-wort!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I agree with that, but it does kind of fly in the face of Microsoft's "We're not going to spy on you" mantra that came as a result of the rumors.
    True enough. But it won'tsway me from using the Kinect.
    Last edited by DisturbedShifty; 11-26-2013 at 12:31 PM.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    The Fluke

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    True enough. But it won'tsway me from using the Kinect.
    I probably wouldn't either, but you better believe it would be unplugged when I wasn't using it.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Wort-wort-wort!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I probably wouldn't either, but you better believe it would be unplugged when I wasn't using it.
    Either that or covered up.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Ok I'm here to settle things down a bit: These are based on what I read on IGN and seem legit:
    Microsoft banned people from using ANY voice communication once they got the 24 hour temp ban for swearing. This includes Skype. Am I annoyed Microsoft bans people for swearing? Yes. You mean to tell me the game (BF4 for example) can swear but I can't? Figure a way to make rooms Mature only and things will be fine. I also expect once more than 1 million have an XB1 then there will be too much to moderate and in comes the ol "Can't catch us all theory". Better yet I will do all my shenanigans on PS4 or get a converter to strip HDCP and use my BlackMagic Intensity Pro I paid good money for that is now looking useless.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    Quote Quote