Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Xbox One launch

1. -21
    mediocrity sucks

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Drum, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DisturbedShifty View Post
    Yeah I know. I still think it isn't a bad thing. There should be no reason for the voice over to have too many curse words. I mean adding a voice over gives you a chance to think what you are going to say instead of spouting off at the mouth in the heat of the moment.

Also, I am pretty sure the DRM thing will come back. Especially since they plan on using Cloud processing to run games down the line. Actually Microsoft plans on using Cloud processing for most of it's devices anyway. As for Skype I will play devil's advocate in this case. Just because it kicked them off it doesn't mean it is listening to every call. For all we know it could just be some "crossed" wires in the software that allowed the programs to access the same TOS. Also, you are on the internet. You should ALWAY operate under the assumption that someone is watching you.
    Any case in which a private call gets you banned is a sad, sad day in America. Especially coming from a company who not surprisingly backtracked again on the always on Kinect because of concerns about the camera/microphone spying. Either way, it shows a complete hypocrisy from Microsoft, "We can sell games with profanity, but you're not allowed to cuss, sorry." As for DRM, I hope that nonsense comes back to teach people a lesson about Microsoft. But it won't come back. Microsoft would of probably sold like 7 Xbox Ones if it didn't backtrack and would probably lose all profits in a lawsuit if they backtracked again.
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Wort-wort-wort!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Xbox LogoHalo LegendaryGalactic Empire medalPlaystation LogoNintendo Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Clipse View Post
    Any case in which a private call gets you banned is a sad, sad day in America. As for DRM, I hope that nonsense comes back to teach people a lesson about Microsoft. But it won't come back. Microsoft would of probably sold like 7 Xbox Ones if it didn't backtrack and would probably lose all profits in a lawsuit if they backtracked again.
    Like I said, always assume you are being watched. Operate under the pretense and you have nothing to worry about.

As for DRM I am positive it will be back. Just not right away. Besides the fact that they plan on using the Cloud to help run games in the future, I am positive they said they don't plan on abandoning the always online entirely. I want to say they worded it just right so that they could come back to it at a later time.

I'm not gonna lie I was one of the many that was passed off about it. Only because I can't afford Internet at home (using my phone and Tapatalk at the moment). But the more I learn about what Microsoft's entire vision is, it makes sense. Yet at the same time a little scary. Even if/when they switch back to an always online state all you have to do is unplug the damned thing.

The only thing I would suggest is that when/if they do switch to an always online is that they at least make it so you can use the basic functions of the system without an Internet connection. Like play games, watch DVDs/Blu-rays, use the music player and use the Kinect. Essentially make it like the 360. The fact you need a mandatory update just to do the basic functions it ridiculous. But for any of the higher functions, then yeah, make it so it requires the internet. Does that make sense?
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    One thing I don't like is auto sign in is not an option without kinect. Either you tell it recognize me when I walk in or you manually sign in every time. No old school style where you set 1 profile to be the auto sign in. Curse you kinect.... I'm a lazy sob

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Wort-wort-wort!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AquaInferno View Post
    One thing I don't like is auto sign in is not an option without kinect. Either you tell it recognize me when I walk in or you manually sign in every time. No old school style where you set 1 profile to be the auto sign in. Curse you kinect.... I'm a lazy sob

Wow. I didn't know that. That is really stupid.
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Wow. I didn't know that. That is really stupid.
    Kinect is crazy accurate so that feature works flawless. I have 2 accounts I wonder if I tell Kinect I am me for the other account will it go into a sign in loop or sign me in on both at once, or the new account take over? I will have to try this later.

Edit: Nothing happens. Just stays with the first account.

Last edited by AquaInferno; 11-27-2013 at 10:08 PM.
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Who pissed in your kool aide?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Delray Beach, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo
    Lol what is this about the Kincect thing spying on you?

"Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see."
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AFCMiamiEast View Post
    Lol what is this about the Kincect thing spying on you?
    It's definitely always listening for someone to say xbox on. I don't plan to use all of that so unless I'm playing a kinect game I won't plug it in.

Quote Quote  

8. -28
    Wort-wort-wort!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AquaInferno View Post
    It's definitely always listening for someone to say xbox on. I don't plan to use all of that so unless I'm playing a kinect game I won't plug it in.

Will they let you use the Kinect to make your own game pics?
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Will they let you use the Kinect to make your own game pics?
    No it doesn't I just tried. I guess maybe they wanted to avoid obscenities in avatars

Quote Quote  

10. -30
    Wort-wort-wort!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Got my Xbox One today. Trying to get my Internet connection date pushed up to this week. I know I said I wanted the PS4 first but I could only afford one right now. So I went with the XB1 because of Halo.
    Quote Quote