Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: To everyone who wants to Blame Tannehill

1. -31
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sharp View Post
    yall so mad lol
    Quote Originally Posted by J. David Wannyheimer View Post
    Here are my thoughts on Ryan Tannehill today:

1. Pocket presence and movement has improved the last few weeks. He escaped numerous sacks today and extended plays.
    2. Deep ball timing still isn't there, but is improving. I believe he was 2/4 on those. One overthrow and one catchable ball on that next to last play.
    3. Made two awful throws on the run. One was intercepted and one he thought Wallace was going to come back, and Wallace went vertical. I think Mike was right on that one.
    4. Going through his progressions better and checking the ball down when it's not there.

He certainly wasn't perfect today and we need to see continued growth, but how on earth are you really down on him after today's game? He was 2/4 110 yards and a TD on deep bomb attempts to Mike Wallace. Three of the passes were catchable. That is not bad. I'm sorry, it's just not. Cam Newton was like 0/4 on those passes today and incidentally, those misses weren't all his fault. Ted Ginn totally botched at least one.

I don't understand how anyone who watched this game today doesn't come away feeling better about Ryan Tannehill than they did before the game. I don't understand it. He had by far his best game yet moving in the pocket and extending plays, and improved his accuracy on those deep throws they've been struggling with.

No, he's not a great quarterback. But do you expect him to just suddenly become great overnight? He is clearly not there yet. It's not going to happen in one week. Yet he makes big strides today and people are even more upset with him? Unreal.

Also, anyone who thinks that last pass play in which he hit Mike Wallace with a catchable football 65 yards downfield while being totally blasted and unable to step into the throw was a bad pass, is a ****ing moron. Period. If you're going to come into this thread and claim that was a bad pass, just come on out right now and say it so you can get an 'official Finheaven moron' badge.
    Thank you so much for actually watching the game and making a fair analysis agree 100 percent
    Quote Quote  

2. -32
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AZStryker View Post
    Enlighten us oh Draft guru? Who are the better options in the draft???
    I'm glad you acknowledge that I am a guru since I wanted Wilson over Tannehill; I appreciate that. But here's my list based on our current draft position: David Fales, Jimmy Garappolo, and of-course Johnny Manziel. Even if you don't want to take a QB in the first (Manziel) at least consider taking Fales and Garappolo in the 3/4th round for competition.
    Last edited by phinfan13; 11-24-2013 at 10:35 PM.
    Quote Quote  

3. -33
    Brave Rifles

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phinfan13 View Post
    We had 16 in the first half of this game and couldn't even get to 30. I would have settled for 29 even.
    I would have settled for 21
    Quote Quote  

4. -34
    Impact Wrestling > WWE

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Justice League Watchtower
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pags77 View Post
    That they can't design game plans around the talent they have.
    Can't or won't?
    Winning without ethics is not winning at all - Don Shula.

Quote Quote  

5. -35
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by retarmyfinfan View Post
    I would have settled for 21
    Same, but its rare that a team that has scored 16 can score 21 overall. I was thinking at least another TD and 2 FGs in the second half.
    Quote Quote  

6. -36
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Wallace should have had that last one. That's definitely on him. I don't care if it was a perfect throw or not. He got himself all turned around, but he had his hands on it. Playmakers make plays. I can live with some drops, but you need to elevate your play in money time. He didn't.
    Quote Quote  

7. -37
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill played well enough to win today.

The problem today in my opinion was the lack of safe and effective passing targets when the team needed first downs to win the game and couldn't run the ball effectively. There is no go-to tight end, and no big possession receiver who provides a target for high-percentage throws.

Carolina extended drives with its running game and its receivers, and consequently they had 20 first downs to our 13. 13 first downs is a very poor game in that department.
    Quote Quote  

8. -38
    Where is the reset button?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    illinois
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I blame Tannehill for inaccurate deep ball throws. That is about it. Team game. Many ways to lose a game and Miami finds many of those ways.
    Quote Quote  

9. -39
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Strangeworld View Post
    Ask yourself why this QB fas failed to generate 30 points in all but ONE complete game since he got here.
    Ah yes cause the QB does it ALL by himself. Your not worth my time.
    Quote Quote  

10. -40
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Not one of the responders named a player on offense that was better than Tannehill today. Enough said.
    Angry Deniers. A bunch of agenda-driven whiny clowns whose sole mission is to deny anything good that Tannehill has done and deny anything bad that the "gods of quarterbacks" have done.
    Quote Quote