Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Tannehill has won almost every QB battle this season. Still learning. Relax ppl!

1. -11
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Considering we're talking about a 2nd year QB who came out a year early with the least amount of experience, it's pretty impressive that he is even close to those other QB's statistically. The fact that he has an edge despite an OL as bad as last season's Arizona Cardinals really makes this absolutely amazing.

Yes, he hasn't gotten his chemistry with Wallace yet. Yes, he isn't as impressive of a deep ball thrower as we would like yet. Yes, he has fumbled the ball too much. Yes, he still has rough edges. But there's no denying that the kid is impressive and improving. He's not the finished article, no, but he is the best QB prospect we have had in many years. So far, his star keeps ascending, and I'm very happy to have him here. He is a cornerstone upon which to build a franchise.
    "I want guys who want to make an impact on and off the field. Good human beings. Guys who want to get better. Guys who want to improve. They want to be great, want to win. Those types of guys we can work with every day." --Joe Philbin
    - Defending the Read Option - What do you think?
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    RT was 28-42 for 310. Not bad vs. the best defense in the league.

yeah i know score points.

He needs a big time TE.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Why did it have to be snakes?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital View Post
    Considering we're talking about a 2nd year QB who came out a year early with the least amount of experience, it's pretty impressive that he is even close to those other QB's statistically. The fact that he has an edge despite an OL as bad as last season's Arizona Cardinals really makes this absolutely amazing.

Yes, he hasn't gotten his chemistry with Wallace yet. Yes, he isn't as impressive of a deep ball thrower as we would like yet. Yes, he has fumbled the ball too much. Yes, he still has rough edges. But there's no denying that the kid is impressive and improving. He's not the finished article, no, but he is the best QB prospect we have had in many years. So far, his star keeps ascending, and I'm very happy to have him here. He is a cornerstone upon which to build a franchise.
    On the topic of fumbles, how many fumbles has he had since McKinnie came into the lineup? I'm serious. 0? 1?
    I'm here to tell the truth about top secret Air Force project BAR STOOL. Gamma ray radiation from the particle accelerator under Joe Robbie Stadium is real! Get out while you can! This bad football team is just a front for something far more sinister!
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Snakes!Mike Wallace 112013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins LogoCam Wake 91
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperMarksBros. View Post
    Am I seeing things, or is the OP's username really "Egnew the (GOAT) Greatest Of All Time?"
    Having a hard time understanding sarcasm ? lol. The name is a joke dude.

---------- Post added at 06:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:14 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by finfan54 View Post
    RT was 28-42 for 310. Not bad vs. the best defense in the league.

yeah i know score points.

He needs a big time TE.
    He could have had a 2nd TD if Matthews holds on to that ball or if they call that blatent Helmet to Helmet. Also could have had a 2nd TD if Wallace catches that ball at the end of the game. Which most #1 recievers in the league have the ability to do.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Formerly Fiedler for MVP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    A van down by the river
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Egnew the GOAT View Post
    Having a hard time understanding sarcasm ? lol. The name is a joke dude.
    I would understand the sarcasm, if I wasnt reading a post about us being better off because Tannehill has better statistics than Qbs that are beating us...

"Ryan Tannehill out-Brady'ed Brady"- DanPatrick
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pje200 View Post
    I love the word Almost, laughable.
    I know that paragraph with all those stats and and words are very complex....The header is a bit easier to read...Good one...
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by J. David Wannyheimer View Post
    QB vs QB matchup doesn't tell you the whole story.

You need to look for progress. If there is no progress, that's a cause for concern.

Personally, I see progress, so I remain bullish. I honestly don't think you can watch the way he played today and think that he hasn't improved his movement and feel of the pocket since even a couple of weeks into the season. I don't see how you can watch those deep throws to Wallace and think he hasn't improved on them today, when 3 of them were catchable.

The one area I think he needs to work on next is his decision-making when he's scrambling to his right.
    Ok True... BUt he has won 10-12 battles. And has played very well the majority of the year despite the fact that he has had horrible protection, 0 running game, and a poor offensive coordinator. Tannehill seems to learn more every game. Rarely takes a step back. He has been very solid this year. Yes he should have had Wallace on 2 deep balls, but that part of their games will hopefully come once those 2 get on the same page. THey will have a lot of time to practice with one another and hopefully they spend time in the offseason working together again trying to get on that same page.

I am very impressed with Tannehill and i think he has what it takes be a stud. Ever hear of a Sophmore slump? Well Tannehill didnt hit that slump. He has improved from his rookie season already, and i expect him to do the same in year 3.

---------- Post added at 06:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:20 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by SuperMarksBros. View Post
    I would understand the sarcasm, if I wasnt reading a post about us being better off because Tannehill has better statistics than Qbs that are beating us...
    So your saying Tannehill has lost us all those games? Is it his fault that? Im not saying he is better then all those players, or that he didnt make mistakes in those games... It was just an interesting thing i looked up and posted it. Tannehill has outperformed his opponent 10-12 times. Do you not think that is something to applaud? Because i do.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by J. David Wannyheimer View Post
    QB vs QB matchup doesn't tell you the whole story.

You need to look for progress. If there is no progress, that's a cause for concern.

Personally, I see progress, so I remain bullish. I honestly don't think you can watch the way he played today and think that he hasn't improved his movement and feel of the pocket since even a couple of weeks into the season. I don't see how you can watch those deep throws to Wallace and think he hasn't improved on them today, when 3 of them were catchable.

The one area I think he needs to work on next is his decision-making when he's scrambling to his right.
    And it is no coincidence that we spoke glowingly of Tannehill's pocket-presence when he had Jake Long protecting his blind side, and are now encouraged when he has Bryant McKinnie protecting his blind side, but were unhappy with his pocket presence when Jonathan Martin was attempting to protect his blind side.

Don Shula, like most successful NFL coaches, believed that when you have talent, you surround him with more talent. Sometimes it leads to lopsided teams, but when you have a QB, he absolutely needs a decent blindside OT.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by shouright View Post
    I thought Tannehill played fairly well today, but why would you judge him at all based on what the opposing quarterback does, the task of stopping whom is placed on the Dolphins' defense?

Right now Matt Ryan's QB rating is 90, which is good, yet the Falcons are surrendering the worst QB rating for its opposition in the league, a whopping 106.7. So on average, Matt Ryan is "losing" his "QB battles." Does that mean he's a poor QB?
    These QB vs QB stats in per game always humor me. Cause you know, QBs aren't playing against teams defenses, they are playing against the opposing QBs?? Lets make this even more simplistic - Ryan Tannehill is 12-15 as a starter. Is it fair I threw out that number from out of nowhere??
    Last edited by JayCee; 11-24-2013 at 08:02 PM.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by shouright View Post
    I thought Tannehill played fairly well today, but why would you judge him at all based on what the opposing quarterback does, the task of stopping whom is placed on the Dolphins' defense?

Right now Matt Ryan's QB rating is 90, which is good, yet the Falcons are surrendering the worst QB rating for its opposition in the league, a whopping 106.7. So on average, Matt Ryan is "losing" his "QB battles." Does that mean he's a poor QB?
    Look.. I understand it depends a lot on the matchup and the defenses play a lot into it... I just think its a cool Stat. And BTW... Panthers are the number 1 defense and Tannehill put up 310 on them . Shoulda had 2 tds had Matthews held on or if Wallace catches that last second pass.

But people are saying that Ryan blows... But he is putting up respectable stats with 0 line, 0 running game, and a bad offensive coordinator.
    Quote Quote