Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Tannehill has won almost every QB battle this season. Still learning. Relax ppl!

1. -21
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    such a dumb thread.... these qb battle wins aren't winning us football games. And a QB that isnt' helping us win football games is not worth having.
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Why did it have to be snakes?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Egnew the GOAT View Post
    Ok True... BUt he has won 10-12 battles. And has played very well the majority of the year despite the fact that he has had horrible protection, 0 running game, and a poor offensive coordinator. Tannehill seems to learn more every game. Rarely takes a step back. He has been very solid this year. Yes he should have had Wallace on 2 deep balls, but that part of their games will hopefully come once those 2 get on the same page. THey will have a lot of time to practice with one another and hopefully they spend time in the offseason working together again trying to get on that same page.

I am very impressed with Tannehill and i think he has what it takes be a stud. Ever hear of a Sophmore slump? Well Tannehill didnt hit that slump. He has improved from his rookie season already, and i expect him to do the same in year 3.

I think Ryan Tannehill is the best thing that has happened to this franchise in decades and I'm confident that the team will not be stupid enough -- regardless of who is in charge -- to give up on him after 2 years unless we see a complete meltdown in the next 5 games. The people who think he sucks and should be benched are quite frankly, morons.

It's about improvement. We haven't seen batted balls as a problem in a while. He's doing a better job of finding throwing lanes. We've seen him put touch on the football. We've seen him make big improvements in how he works the pocket (seriously, did people even watch today's game?). We saw him today improve the timing on his deep ball to Mike Wallace.

He still has warts -- in particular I've noticed he makes bad decisions rolling to his right -- but it's crazy to me that anyone thinks he is the problem with this football team. You can't run the ball, you aren't consistently getting YAC from your receivers, and you don't have a big bodied TE to work the middle of the field. Your OL is a mess and you are literally down to guys you just pulled off the practice squad at LG. You played the #1 defense in the NFL today. No, he ain't perfect, but holy ****, you pick this of all games to crucify the guy over? It's unreal.
    I'm here to tell the truth about top secret Air Force project BAR STOOL. Gamma ray radiation from the particle accelerator under Joe Robbie Stadium is real! Get out while you can! This bad football team is just a front for something far more sinister!
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallace17Miami View Post
    such a dumb thread.... these qb battle wins aren't winning us football games. And a QB that isnt' helping us win football games is not worth having.
    and you just made it dumber...
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I like Ryan Tannehill, I like his attitude, I like his potential, and I definitely don't think he's the bust some people claim he is, but here are the facts:

Our offense has been unable to close games all season. Several times we've had the lead and instead of scoring the key touchdown to put us ahead 2 or 3 possessions, we've settled for FG's, or even worse, we've been scoreless in 3rd and 4th quarters.

Most of the games we've won, it's been because our DEFENSE has been able to close the game. Not our offense.

And that's been the story of the Miami Dolphins this season. Our offensive ineptitude has been the difference between being 8-3 or 7-4 vs. 5-6.

Now, we can blame Philbin for being ultra conservative, we can blame Sherman for his terrible play calling at times, we can blame the mess that's been the offensive line and our running game, but we also have to blame Ryan Tannehill. I want him to succeed, I really do, but it's time for the offense to make enough plays to close games, like they did against Atlanta. And that's Ryan's job, no one else's.
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Snakes!Mike Wallace 112013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins LogoCam Wake 91
    Quote Originally Posted by JayCee View Post
    These QB vs QB stats in one game always humor me. Cause you know, QBs aren't playing against teams defenses, they are playing against the opposing QBs?? Lets make this even more simplistic - Ryan Tannehill is 12-15 as a starter. Is it fair I threw out that number from out of nowhere??

Except its not a QB vs QB for 1 game... its for 12 games.

This is just a post for everybody who thinks Tannehill is horrible when they are out of their minds if they really think that. And notice how my opening post was not just about the QB vs QB battles? I had other things i posted in my original post. But everybody wants to ignore that and be negative. Which im used to cuz this board is full of a bunch of negative cry babies.
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Snakes!Mike Wallace 112013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins LogoCam Wake 91
    Quote Originally Posted by J. David Wannyheimer View Post
    I think Ryan Tannehill is the best thing that has happened to this franchise in decades and I'm confident that the team will not be stupid enough -- regardless of who is in charge -- to give up on him after 2 years unless we see a complete meltdown in the next 5 games. The people who think he sucks and should be benched are quite frankly, morons.

It's about improvement. We haven't seen batted balls as a problem in a while. He's doing a better job of finding throwing lanes. We've seen him put touch on the football. We've seen him make big improvements in how he works the pocket (seriously, did people even watch today's game?). We saw him today improve the timing on his deep ball to Mike Wallace.

He still has warts -- in particular I've noticed he makes bad decisions rolling to his right -- but it's crazy to me that anyone thinks he is the problem with this football team. You can't run the ball, you aren't consistently getting YAC from your receivers, and you don't have a big bodied TE to work the middle of the field. Your OL is a mess and you are literally down to guys you just pulled off the practice squad at LG. You played the #1 defense in the NFL today. No, he ain't perfect, but holy ****, you pick this of all games to crucify the guy over? It's unreal.
    100% Agree with you. And i dont understand why im being berrated for my QB vs QB stats. That was only a portion of my post and my thread title. But that is what everybody wants to key in on.

How awsome was that pass to Lamar Miller on that Bootleg? Or the fact that he is starting to use his legs more? Or like you said connected with Wallace a few times on deep balls and was close on 2 others. His footwork in the pocket has improved since the beginning of the season, and he has had more time to throw with Martin gone.

Im fine if we dont make the playoffs this year, will i be happy? no, but it is what it is. We are not a superbowl team quite yet. Not untill we have a running game and Line. So seeing our Young QB develop is key, and he is developing game after game.
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by finfan54 View Post
    yeah this loss doesnt sicken me for some strange reason. I think we really got screwed in the helmet to helmet in the endzone and that would have made all the difference IMO.

It was an NFC team.

But we have to win 4 of 5. I think its doable if Wallace can come alive more like he did with RT today.

Next year this team is set up nice but once again, if we had a big threat TE RT would be up there in the top QB's.
    Nice optimism but a pipedream for this year. Maybe next. Wait .... how many years in a row have I said this
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    RT is our best prospect at QB since Marino so I am willing to give him lots of time. The last thing I want to see happen is we give up on him and he becomes a star somewhere else.
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Why did it have to be snakes?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    I wouldn't be too concerned, matt. As I've been saying for a while, whether you like Ryan Tannehill or want him benched yesterday, the truth is that he is almost certain to get a third year. Jake Locker showed far less in his first two seasons and got a year three. It paid off for Tennessee before he got hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Egnew the GOAT View Post
    Im fine if we dont make the playoffs this year, will i be happy? no, but it is what it is. We are not a superbowl team quite yet. Not untill we have a running game and Line. So seeing our Young QB develop is key, and he is developing game after game.
    Because it's a lot easier as a fan to simply say "the QB sucks" and pound the table for Matt Moore or Pat Devlin than it is to accept the frustrating truth that our team is not as close as many had hoped and our QB still needs more time to develop.
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by J. David Wannyheimer View Post
    On the topic of fumbles, how many fumbles has he had since McKinnie came into the lineup? I'm serious. 0? 1?
    Another excellent point. And, this is a kid that tends not to make the same mistake twice. I'm not sure whether he has fixed the fumbling problem yet, but it does seem that having a blindside protector who can keep pocket width has allowed us to once again see Tannehill's pocket presence and not a fumbling issue.

Jonathan Martin would consistently be walked back into Tannehill, to the point that even when he "blocked" a guy technically, the guy was still within 3-5 feet of Tannehill's blindside so he couldn't use sound to determine whether a rusher had broken free. Similarly, Tannehill couldn't dance in the pocket to buy time. Now that we have a real starting NFL LT again in McKinnie, it is no coincidence that the pocket presence comes back and the fumbling disappears. Thanks for pointing that out JDW.
    "I want guys who want to make an impact on and off the field. Good human beings. Guys who want to get better. Guys who want to improve. They want to be great, want to win. Those types of guys we can work with every day." --Joe Philbin
    - Defending the Read Option - What do you think?
    Quote Quote