Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why waste the Sunday? (a calculation)

1. -11
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    FLORIDA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by maralieus View Post
    I hate fans like you. Fair weather fans? I love how so many of you are so damn angry at other fans for expressing their opinions on the fins. I think if OP wants to better use his time and start doing better things with his life and only check in occasionally he should be allowed to without you jumping down his throat. You sound like an angry friend that's jealous his best buddy got married and starts saying stuff like were not friends anymore. ****ing childish as hell.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk
    Exactly. The OP has his own opinion and I think it was a well thought out one. I have had to work more often this season during the game times so I haven't been able to watch as much as before but even still I'd probably take his stance as well.

...BTW this fair weather fan stuff is what is BS. What? Do I win a freaking medal from the Dolphins with my name etched in gold for being here when things were down? Do they suddenly help ME out when things are down in my life? I mean, loyalty begets loyalty, no? Give me a break. Its people like that who freak out over such things in life that make me want to be a 'fair weather' fan just to piss them off.

For example, I've been a Heat fan since the days of old (Ronnie Seikaly, Sherman Douglas, Glen Rice, Steve Smith, Grant Long, Keith Askins, Bimbo Coles, Kevin Edwards...heck Alan Ogg), and yet now they they are winning championships what did that 'loyalty' bring me? Some kind of personal satisfaction? I guess, Maybe if you count it like something similar to beating a Video Game. That's about it. Think Pat Riley gives a hoot about my 'loyalty'...really? Maybe I should personally contact Coaches Ron Rothstein and Kevin Loughery...even Alvin Gentry (who coached during those old Pre-Riley times) and see if I can get a special loyalty 'gift' from the Heat.

If I don't feel like following a team when they are losing then I choose not to, that's my right. If I have more fun following them when they win then so be it. If I am somewhere in the middle, that's fine to. The point is, just do what you want with your spare time and like whatever team you want to like. No one in the end, when your days are done on this earth, is going to give a crap about what team you followed and if you were a 'great' and special guy when they weren't winning.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    FLORIDA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Despacio View Post
    Granted there's been a lot of sadness, but there have been great times. Marino comebacks, Ricky running wild, Camarillo saving us from 0-16. Lots of memories. Even this season that Atlanta game, Tannehill beating Luck, the Wake safety win.

It's a journey, not an endgame. It's a lifetime choice of loyalty and belief. It's football. It's Fins football. Be careful stepping off the train, but personally I'm staying on for the full ride.

FinsUp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think your opinion is great too. (Just as the OP has his own valid opinion of what to do with his time)

I don't think anyone should be boxed into what being a 'fan' is. Just do whats right for you and be happy.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pennsylvannia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Love watching the fins.Can't hardly wait till next Sunday to watch them play the Jets.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Arizona
    Thanks / No Thanks
    All fans are welcome of course. I do think the more investment you put into a team, the more rewarding it is to see them come out on top. No pain no gain in a sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marino.... Huard, Feidler, Lucas, Griese, Rosenfels, Feeley, Frerrote, Green, Culpepper, Harrington, Lemon, Beck, Thigpen, Pennington, Henne, Moore... Tannehill.

'Bout damn time!
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Lets get those balls deep!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    the world
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMageGandalf View Post
    Exactly. The OP has his own opinion and I think it was a well thought out one. I have had to work more often this season during the game times so I haven't been able to watch as much as before but even still I'd probably take his stance as well.

...BTW this fair weather fan stuff is what is BS. What? Do I win a freaking medal from the Dolphins with my name etched in gold for being here when things were down? Do they suddenly help ME out when things are down in my life? I mean, loyalty begets loyalty, no? Give me a break. Its people like that who freak out over such things in life that make me want to be a 'fair weather' fan just to piss them off.

For example, I've been a Heat fan since the days of old (Ronnie Seikaly, Sherman Douglas, Glen Rice, Steve Smith, Grant Long, Keith Askins, Bimbo Coles, Kevin Edwards...heck Alan Ogg), and yet now they they are winning championships what did that 'loyalty' bring me? Some kind of personal satisfaction? I guess, Maybe if you count it like something similar to beating a Video Game. That's about it. Think Pat Riley gives a hoot about my 'loyalty'...really? Maybe I should personally contact Coaches Ron Rothstein and Kevin Loughery...even Alvin Gentry (who coached during those old Pre-Riley times) and see if I can get a special loyalty 'gift' from the Heat.

If I don't feel like following a team when they are losing then I choose not to, that's my right. If I have more fun following them when they win then so be it. If I am somewhere in the middle, that's fine to. The point is, just do what you want with your spare time and like whatever team you want to like. No one in the end, when your days are done on this earth, is going to give a crap about what team you followed and if you were a 'great' and special guy when they weren't winning.
    You reminde me of the scene in A bronx Tale, where Chaz Palmenteri tells the kid not to feel bad for some yankee player cuz he don't give a **** about you.
    "hey atleast I'm housebroken!"
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17Dolphin
    I could count how I never miss a Path to the Draft show, read my Mel Kiper "blue book", watch gavel to gavel coverage of the draft and watch all the preseason games plus pregame. Calculate that ****.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    We Are Still Going To The SB

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    MIAMI, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyBess3415 View Post
    Sure, you could stop watching. But then when the phins somehow, someway, turn it around and win the superbowl, one day you can go **** yourself with your fair weather fan bs.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    When you start having to calculate the time you spend watching your favorite football team, and assigning a dollar value to it, it's about time you just quit all together and just go on that nice boat of yours. I wonder how all the NFL players that have their Bachelors and Associates and etc. Manage, the time spend cheering on your favorite team is actually priceless, especially the enjoyment you get when your team wins. Jeezuz..

I mean just tell Lions, Cardinals, Eagles, Bills, Jets, and the countless other teams that haven't won the superbowl in decades, they should just find something else to do and how much better it would be if they did. So now, the NFL will just be a league with just fans of the Patriots, Packers, Steelers, Giants, Ravens, in such. Than the NFL can go from a 9 Billion dollar sport to a development league for college players..
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    [QUOTE=Despacio;1064893393]Granted there's been a lot of sadness, but there have been great times. Marino comebacks, Ricky running wild, Camarillo saving us from 0-16. Lots of memories. Even this season that Atlanta game, Tannehill beating Luck, the Wake safety win.

It's a journey, not an endgame. It's a lifetime choice of loyalty and belief. It's football. It's Fins football. Be careful stepping off the train, but personally I'm staying on for the full ride.

Ditto it's what being a fan is all about. The good the bad the ugly. And no matter what if the fins lost every game for 3 straight years I will still be in my recliner screaming and yelling and freaking out at every play. Cause I'm a dolphin fan in and out!!!!
    2013 season highlights!!!!

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/o/185466...ights/84988396
    Kel Barnes #23
    Yr:Jr
    Weight:190
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    3rd parade down Biscayne Blvd!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I stopped caring about college sports years ago. Same with baseball. I only have 3 teams now (Heat, Dolphins, FC Barcelona). I can't abandon them even though they do nothing but break my heart, they're like a kid to me. But man my Sundays are hell to my sleep and general well-being since I work Saturdays until 6 am and still make the effort to watch this team (lose most of the time).
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I understand and respect all the viewpoints in here, but I'll add there this IS a quantifiable factor in all of this where "quality" is concerned. Sure, supporting a team is great and all, but at what point does the quality of the product and the lack of return in your investment make you question your life? I've about reached that point with this team until I see changes that are in line with what I believe is worth my fandom.

It's the same way with the Marlins (who most people write off as the joke of the MLB; worst owner in history). Conversely, the Heat (whom I've always supported, especially since Micky took over from his father; now they've become the best sports franchise in all of sports currently). The phins?? There's exactly ****all reason to support this team given the way Huizenga has essentially stripped it of all soul over the years, culminating in this latest schmuck and sucker of an owner.

It's not even about wins/losses at this point (it never was), it's about respecting the teams that deserve it; the teams that are run well and deliver a quality product regardless of record. The phins have categorically failed at that for over a decade even when having a good squad (like they do now).

So no, I will not be buying tix for the game nor setting aside days upon days of my hard-pressed time to be a fan of this team until I can respect the team enough to do-so. Do I love football? Hell ya. Will I watch it?? Sometimes, yes. But not having a home-team to completely root for makes it a lot less of a draw on Sundays; so I consider myself now free to enjoy other things until there's a recognizable re-calibration of this franchise, beyond wins-losses.
    Quote Quote