Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Eric Ebron Declares for the Draft

1. -11
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    We got much bigger needs than tight end...
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Miami Dolphin Columnist in the Making

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    O Town
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayden Fox View Post
    Are you willing to sign a RT in FA and go with McKinnie at LT next year to draft a kid like Ebron? Not sure on my end, but it is a thought.
    Seantreal Henderson in the second round or possibly James Hurst
    Follow me on Twitter.. @DSEmpire_BA

For My work http://dynastysportsempire.com/author/brent-antonio/
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    We got much bigger needs than tight end...
    Meh...we've been chasing needs since Ireland stepped into the GM role. It's time to load up on talent when it's there. Really the two tackles spots are all we need to draft, it's been proven by most teams that run a ZBS that guards and even centers can be had via free agency. Look at how well Brenner is playing. Houston's interior is made up of Wade Smith (a failed OT project we drafted in the Wannstedt years moved to LG), Chris Myers an undrafted player from Miami and Brandon Brooks a 3rd round pick from Milwaukee Riverside University. Washington's interior is made up of LG Kory Lichtensteiger a 4th round pick (Denver), C Will Montgomery a 7th round pick (Panthers) and RG Chris Chester who was a 2nd round pick (Ravens). So basically we have two of the best run blocking lines in football who have one drafted player among them. Of course all of this depends on who the new GM is and how they want to approach the draft but I'm saying load up on playmakers and guys you can use to give you an advantage in some way shape or form. Ebron is one of those guys.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by datruth55 View Post
    Meh...we've been chasing needs since Ireland stepped into the GM role. It's time to load up on talent when it's there. Really the two tackles spots are all we need to draft, it's been proven by most teams that run a ZBS that guards and even centers can be had via free agency. Look at how well Brenner is playing. Houston's interior is made up of Wade Smith (a failed OT project we drafted in the Wannstedt years moved to LG), Chris Myers an undrafted player from Miami and Brandon Brooks a 3rd round pick from Milwaukee Riverside University. Washington's interior is made up of LG Kory Lichtensteiger a 4th round pick (Denver), C Will Montgomery a 7th round pick (Panthers) and RG Chris Chester who was a 2nd round pick (Ravens). So basically we have two of the best run blocking lines in football who have one drafted player among them. Of course all of this depends on who the new GM is and how they want to approach the draft but I'm saying load up on playmakers and guys you can use to give you an advantage in some way shape or form. Ebron is one of those guys.
    Ebrons a nice player but he's not a physical monster...he looks like a wr running routes with how smooth he is...I would be interested in adding a tight end but not with our top pick unless the board dictates it...you got Keller you can bring back cheap clay who you can easily keep as a rfa sims and egnew...

Ideal scenario sure you get a real win option tight end but I would look to plug other holes first...
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Ebron is a great player and a definite first rounder, but I think our #1 priority has to be an o-lineman or two, and then probably a DT, before we look at TE's. I really like Iowa Tight End C.J. Fiedorowicz, who I think could be the next Gronk. Check out his YouTube highlights if you haven't seen him play. I think we could take a LT like Kouandijo of Alabama or Lewan of Michigan with our first pick. Ideally, I would love to trade back for a later first rounder and early second rounder, but my confidence in Ireland doing smart things on draft day is fading.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by datruth55 View Post
    Of course all of this depends on who the new GM is and how they want to approach the draft but I'm saying load up on playmakers and guys you can use to give you an advantage in some way shape or form. Ebron is one of those guys.
    You have Ireland being fired after this season?? I think it's probably 50/50 at best. If things go really bad with the J. Martin/Incognito outcome, then I think Ireland may get the axe, but I don't really see us getting penalized or losing draft picks over this, unless there is some proof that Ireland and Philbin knew about the "hostile locker room environment," or someone encouraged Incognito to make life miserable for Martin....which I doubt they did. I want Ireland gone, but owners often keep incompetant GM's around....it's why my Phillies have kept GM Ruben Amaro around while the Phillies have fallen off.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Ebrons a nice player but he's not a physical monster...he looks like a wr running routes with how smooth he is...I would be interested in adding a tight end but not with our top pick unless the board dictates it...you got Keller you can bring back cheap clay who you can easily keep as a rfa sims and egnew...

Ideal scenario sure you get a real win option tight end but I would look to plug other holes first...
    I have seen this guy bounce off, and break enough tackles to question this.

Regardless, Ebron for me is where the Dolphins are drafting. I'm a big, big fan of Ebron. But I'm not a fan of Ebron if Miami is drafting in the teens. I am a fan if they are drafting in the twenties, though.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by finsfanjay13 View Post
    I have seen this guy bounce off, and break enough tackles to question this.

Regardless, Ebron for me is where the Dolphins are drafting. I'm a big, big fan of Ebron. But I'm not a fan of Ebron if Miami is drafting in the teens. I am a fan if they are drafting in the twenties, though.
    Why does that matter? IF he is a beast, a must have player, it really does not matter where the Dolphins pick if he is available. I think it's more foolish to pass on a player just because he is slotted by some scouts several numbers lower.

I agree with hoops, Ebron does not strike me as a physically dominant player. But he is a nice option because he can run like a receiver and like a TE, and blocks well. I am just not convinced we must have a TTE like that over some other player.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I like the kid and his ability to make plays. He's a 1st round talent but I don't think we should burn a 1st for him......no matter what.
    I mean look at what Eifert has done this year...not much considering the type of offense they run in Cincy. I know he's apart of 2 TE sets but for a 1st rounder that may or may not have immediate impact on this team with GLARING holes.....I'm not sure if I'm ready to make that move. Keep in mind I was pro Eifert all the way last year.

Let's face it.. Next draft isn't going to be "flashly." We can't afford for it to be. Draft at the bare minimum two OL. We will need to draft a DT as well. Those are the top 3 picks right there. Maybe a FS as well following those to develop if we don't commit to Clemons long term.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks

Ideal scenario would be trading down and still getting Ebron while picking up an extra 2nd and 5th rounder. We got a lot of holes to fill all along the line, at linebacker, probably a running back, wouldn't mind another speedy receiver with some size, DT and probably safety too.

Quote Originally Posted by Roman529 View Post
    You have Ireland being fired after this season?? I think it's probably 50/50 at best. If things go really bad with the J. Martin/Incognito outcome, then I think Ireland may get the axe, but I don't really see us getting penalized or losing draft picks over this, unless there is some proof that Ireland and Philbin knew about the "hostile locker room environment," or someone encouraged Incognito to make life miserable for Martin....which I doubt they did. I want Ireland gone, but owners often keep incompetant GM's around....it's why my Phillies have kept GM Ruben Amaro around while the Phillies have fallen off.
    Even before bully-gate there were a lot of rumors of Ireland being on the outs. I don't think he's coming back next year and if he does then I would expect another year of mediocrity.
    Quote Quote