Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Eric Ebron Declares for the Draft

1. -41
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Central iowa
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by Roman529 View Post
    Ebron is a great player and a definite first rounder, but I think our #1 priority has to be an o-lineman or two, and then probably a DT, before we look at TE's. I really like Iowa Tight End C.J. Fiedorowicz, who I think could be the next Gronk. Check out his YouTube highlights if you haven't seen him play. I think we could take a LT like Kouandijo of Alabama or Lewan of Michigan with our first pick. Ideally, I would love to trade back for a later first rounder and early second rounder, but my confidence in Ireland doing smart things on draft day is fading.
    I get to watch every Iowa game. early in the season they just would not feed him the ball. lately, jake ruddock has been giving C.J. chances to make plays and it has been paying off. I have been advocating for C. J. for quite some time now, I think he can be pretty damn good. He needs some work, but boy that frame is something else. I don't know where he would go, but I would guess late 2nd-3rd, which if it holds would actually be perfect positioning for this team...

where do you think his stock is at right now?
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Totally agree Fox! I am a season ticket holder to all UNC games and this kid is the real deal, exactly the type of weapon we need to attack the center of the field. For those of you who haven't seen him, go back and watch his game against Miami. Once you see the video you will have no doubt either. I think we can address o-line a little later or through FA. When you have a chance to take a playmaker like this you do it. Remember I was the one who wanted us to draft GIO. We all know know how that turned out.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayden Fox View Post
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/n...nter-nfl-draft

I think the obvious spot the Dolphins must solve is the offensive line. With only the Center position being locked in, the team could use help at all other positions. Jon Martin is done...and I do not want him back. Richie Incognito has no chance of returning. John Jerry is not very good. Bryant McKinnie has done well, but is long in the tooth. Dallas Thomas was a lousy pick. Nate Garner is solid, but would help the team best as a back up/fill in.

Re-making the line is the offseason objective. It might be very possible to find a LT or RT in the 1st round and a good one at that. However, Eric Ebron is a stud and a difference maker. He is athletic. He has large catch radius and his skill set would match the balls Ryan Tannehill throws best. He will be a nightmare matchup in the Red Zone. He is even a little "bubble butted" and would be fine with his blocking.

Charles Clay has had an excellent year. However, he is not a true TE. I like Dion Sims and hope he can develop, but Eric Ebron is going to be a stud weapon in the NFL.
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17Dolphin
    I just saw something I like with Ebron. He dropped a TD pass..right through his hands...the next play he comes up with a catch over the middle for a 1st down on 4th and 8.

Battled the adversity.
    Quote Quote  

4. -44
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If Miami can solve the LT position in free agency then that could open up the draft to go for a playmaker like Ebron, Amaro or one of the big, physical wide receivers. The draft may be strong enough on the offensive line for the Dolphins to get the upgrades they need in R2, R3 etc.
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayden Fox View Post
    I just saw something I like with Ebron. He dropped a TD pass..right through his hands...the next play he comes up with a catch over the middle for a 1st down on 4th and 8.

Battled the adversity.
    Rare drop for Ebron. The follow-up catch showed his athleticism and mental toughness. Ebron is my #1 TE.
    Quote Quote  

6. -46
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Sefarian-Jenkins is a big boy.
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by finsfanjay13 View Post
    Rare drop for Ebron. The follow-up catch showed his athleticism and mental toughness. Ebron is my #1 TE.
    dropped the ball but did you see the outside quick redirect back inside move to get open on the same play on the vertical route??? yeesh...that's nasty stuff...kind of thing you usually see from the wr position...he's smooth...plays tight end like a wr...damn good prospect

he ran that route like rishard mathews down the seam but at 6 ft 4 and 250 lbs...if that gets out of the top 15 somethings wrong
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

8. -48
    Disgusted Nationals Fan

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Classified
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Ive given up on hoping Jeff Ireland will draft a stud athletic mismatch TE. Ive already prepared myself to watch NE go grab one to fix their TE situation. God I hope its not ASJ from Washington.
    Quote Quote  

9. -49
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    dropped the ball but did you see the outside quick redirect back inside move to get open on the same play on the vertical route??? yeesh...that's nasty stuff...kind of thing you usually see from the wr position...he's smooth...plays tight end like a wr...damn good prospect

he ran that route like rishard mathews down the seam but at 6 ft 4 and 250 lbs...if that gets out of the top 15 somethings wrong
    He's a mismatch hell because of that, among other things. Living in the RTP area, I've have the benefit to watch him a ton. And I know that if the Dolphins call his name, I'm happy.
    Quote Quote  

10. -50
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post

The WR look is why I'm not crazy about him, actually. He's not a good player in traffic and against contact, often gets beat fighting for the ball in tight spaces. I get the size/speed appeal, but he's not tough enough in traffic to warrant a #1 pick, imo. Space shrinks in the NFL, and I don't see him dominating tight spaces like a TE has to. I don't think you want him blocking much either. Would have to be pretty creative with him like we are with Clay.
    Last edited by Twitches Brew; 12-30-2013 at 02:42 PM.
    Quote Quote