Re-sign Soliai and Clemmons, franchise Grimes if you can't work out a longterm deal. Let all other FA's walk.
Sign a back to compliment Miller. Donald Brown from the Colts, Rashad Jennings from the Raiders come to mind.
Sign John Kuhn to play fullback.
Sign a guard, Matt Slauson from Bears or Jon Asamoah from Chiefs. Sign a tackle. If you want to go LT, look at Albert or Monroe. If looking right side, Michael Oher or Zach Strief.
Draft the best available lineman, guard or tackle in the first round. There appears to be 4-5 legitimate LTs that should be available when we pick. Take a guard in the second or third round and grab a TE in the first three rounds. I like CJ Fiedorowicz from Iowa. Add some DT depth as well.
I would like to find a permanent starting job for Dion Jordan on the D-line, although I'm not sure he isn't better suited for OLB. If Starks leaves, we have to keep Odrick inside which leaves Vernon and Jordan at DE.
As far as coaching, I think Sherman has to go. At first I thought he was good for Tannehill, now I think he's holding him and the offense back. I have mixed reviews about Turner as he's had absolute crap to work with.
Ideally, if Rex Ryan got fired, I would hire him as my DC and go back to a 3-4 as I think we're better suited for that scheme.
Trade the draft for a top QB.... win multiple division titles for years to come
Assuming the staff returns, here is what I'd do:
1. Resign Soliai, Grimes, Clemons (Soliai IS our run defense, Grimes is a steal, and Clemons has continued to improve to become a solid player)
2. Let Keller walk. (Good player but telegraphs pass and doesn't help the run game, not to mention lacks the most important ability ... availability)
3. Draft an OT in either the 1st or 2nd round and a TE in the other. Use our mid-round picks to get a good G/C or two. (We desperately need a TE who can be a reliable 3rd down threat, size mismatch in the red zone, run block and pass protect. I'd trade our 1st to Cincinnati for Tyler Eifert if they'd take it. Our OL needs young talent)
"I want guys who want to make an impact on and off the field. Good human beings. Guys who want to get better. Guys who want to improve. They want to be great, want to win. Those types of guys we can work with every day." --Joe Philbin
- Defending the Read Option - What do you think?
Hire a new coaching staff.
Draft a QB somewhere in the draft to compete with Tannehill.
Get a Seam Threat so we can use Clay the way he was meant to be used.
Fix Offensive Line.
Simple....we kill the Batman....
- Sign at least 2 tackles and a guard...short list of guys I would go after....Mack, Asamoah, Brandon Albert, Eugene Monroe, Matt Slauson, Jered Veldheer, Austin Howard, Wade Smith and Oher
- Draft 2 lineman in the first 3 rounds....(who and where they draft these lineman depends heavily on FA
- Big Red Zone Target....can be a WR or a TE, but someone who can go up and fight for the ball
- Ben Tate
- Let Incognito walk, trade Martin, resign Jerry
- Starks walks
- Resign Soliai, Grimes, Clemons, Patterson
- Bench Wheeler
- Sign/Draft a OLB that can actually tackles
- Get rid OL and QB coach
All you need is Landry