Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: How is Tannehill Stacking Up With The 2012 Rookie Class

1. -11
    Misery Loves Company

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kentucky
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Rebel AllianceSuperman logoXbox LogoPlaystation LogoSnakes!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaark View Post
    I've said all along that if you add to THill or subtract from Luck Reggie Wayne's '12 TDs, yds/game and total yds their stats would be pretty similar except for Luck's greater number of ints. Luck this season without Reggie is 2-2, beating 2 sub 500 teams and losing to 2 winning teams
    Luck vs AZ: 8 pts in final 3 qtrs, barely over 50% compl, 1 TD, 1 Int Loss
    vs TN: win: 23-36 232yds 0td 0Int
    vs STL Loss: 8pts entire game, 31-52 1TD, 3Ints
    vs Hous Win: 18-40 271yds, 3TDs 0 int

Now I'm by no means comparing the skillset of Tannehill to a 4 year college QB who was touted as the surest pick since PManning, but really, one has to wonder just how well Luck would have done and be doing if here considering who he had to work through, who was protecting him, who was coaching him up and who was calling his plays.

And as far as RG3, I wish Tannehill had his long ball accuracy but beyond that, as a lot of folks were saying, you take away that China Doll's greatest asset, his mobility and it's a whole 'nother ballgame
    apparently none of that matters since Luck's WPA is higher.
    "I didn't feel like we had to score," Tannehill said. "I had the mindset we were going to score."

Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoCam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by Phinatic8u View Post
    Since Luck lost Wayne he's been pretty ****ing bad.
    That's the effect of losing a hall-of-fame receiver. Reggie Wayne isn't flashy but he is reliable and he makes plays. Possibly the best route runner in the NFL.

I'm still amazed at how people think this is a good WR corp when we have no one even close to the level of Wayne. Our best YAC receiver was Gibson and he's gone. I think you should keep drafting WRs until you find that guy, the one that can take short passes and turn them into 1st downs or TDs, the guy who when you have to have a 1st down or a big play comes through. Heck, look at Brady's numbers without Welker. He's way down this year. QBs can't do this thing alone.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    tannehills upside is higher than lucks...those numbers should tell you that guys...our qb played the position for 2 years in college and has almost caught luck already...

the higher ceiling is ryan tannehill...been saying it forever...and it's true
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    FinHeaven's Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Carolinia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91PS4 Controller2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by datruth55 View Post
    That's the effect of losing a hall-of-fame receiver. Reggie Wayne isn't flashy but he is reliable and he makes plays. Possibly the best route runner in the NFL.

I'm still amazed at how people think this is a good WR corp when we have no one even close to the level of Wayne. Our best YAC receiver was Gibson and he's gone. I think you should keep drafting WRs until you find that guy, the one that can take short passes and turn them into 1st downs or TDs, the guy who when you have to have a 1st down or a big play comes through. Heck, look at Brady's numbers without Welker. He's way down this year. QBs can't do this thing alone.
    Oh I know, Wayne is one of the GOATS

Sammy Watkins would solve alot of YAC problems.

Deshaun Watson is the TRUTH!
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoCam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by Phinatic8u View Post
    Oh I know, Wayne is one of the GOATS

Sammy Watkins would solve alot of YAC problems.
    Sammy Watkins in Miami is a suspension for substance abuse waiting to happen. Ricky Williams all over again.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Am I on speaker phone?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Charlotte
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    look at all those sacks and still in year two with a run game that has been tabled due to ineffectiveness in many games 2800 plus yards an 82 rating completion percentage at 62 percent...and a top level red zone efficiency rating

and people want to tell me the qbs not developing???

Exactly. RT has taken almost twice as many sacks as the rest of them, yet is second among them in passing yards and tied for second in TDs. ... RT is also second among that group in accuracy.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Considering how quickly Tannehill has to get rid of the balls, can you imagine once the O-line is fixed, and defense have to respect the run....Tannehill is going to feel like he has an eternity to find someone. Tannehill does still need to correct some things, and get more experience, but he could be special one day...there I said it!!!

Make Peyton uncomfortable during the game, make Peyton leave game in Denver very upset.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    FinHeaven's Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Carolinia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91PS4 Controller2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by datruth55 View Post
    Sammy Watkins in Miami is a suspension for substance abuse waiting to happen. Ricky Williams all over again.
    I don't know man.

He had that one time last year but his history in Clemson would suggest that that was an isolated incident.

When I went up there a few weeks ago to see that game and enjoy the campus he was the talk of the town in terms of being a leader on and off the filed, taking control and being a great community figure. He's matured alot since his incident IMO
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    the heck with the 2nd year class...put his numbers up there against every qb and lets see where he shakes out...

it's nuts how much dumb heat this qbs taking on this board from the usual suspects...
    They have to blame someone because they didn't see the problems with the OL coming...and can't admit how bad the OL really is...

I am giving Tannehill a "pass" this year just because of it. He has been getting better at his reads and handles the blitz well (when properly picked up.) However, he still has issues with accuracy.
    "May the acorns rest in peace..."
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    at the end of the year i want to put up every qbs yearly stats since marinos against tannehills 2nd year stats and see just where he shakes out...i bet you it's way the hell up there...and in year two nowhere near a finished product no less

i understand those qbs weren't good but we finally have one to build around and people want to toss him like trash...comical really
    Quote Quote