Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: How is Tannehill Stacking Up With The 2012 Rookie Class

1. -41
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HoneyB View Post
    Then you haven't been paying attention.

btw nobody has said he "can't" improve. At least in the comments I've read. I expect him to improve. But wishing isn't the same as reality. Wishing doesn't get you a winning team. Maybe he'll be our franchise player. Or, maybe he won't develop enough and we'll draft a QB. Or, maybe he'll get injured. Or, maybe the whole coaching staff will be fired and the next coach will bring in his own quarterback. Anyone who thinks they have a crystal ball as to which of those scenarios are going to happen, is kidding themselves.
    he is improving...you just want instant gratification and don't get that there's a process and a learning curve...
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    Misery Loves Company

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kentucky
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Rebel AllianceSuperman logoXbox LogoPlaystation LogoSnakes!
    Uh...dude, that's exactly my point.
    did you just dude me?

Quote Quote  

3. -43
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Uh...dude, that's exactly my point.
    It looks like your point is to argue regardless of what's being said.
    Quote Quote  

4. -44
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowboynemo View Post
    Thought it would be interesting to see how Ryan Tannehill is stacking up. One can quickly see the sacks are killing the offense. and also causing INTs. We
    need to square the OL away. No running game has been horrible.

Name......................Games.......TD........INT.......YDS.......SCK......RTG
    Andrew Luck ..............11...........15...........7........2593........24.......84.3
    Ryan Tannehill ...........11...........15..........12........2784.......44........82.0
    Robert Griffin 111........11...........14......... 11.......2841........26........81.0
    Russel Wilson .............11...........19...........6........2362........29......105.1
    Brandon Weeden..........7............ 6............7........1361.......24........66.0
    Interestingly, the percentage of the time Seattle runs the ball (53.2%) is second-highest in the league. Luck and RGIII's teams are no different from the league average (41.3%) in that regard, while the Dolphins are well below average. I won't speak to Weeden since he isn't playing anymore.

Of the QBs above (other than Weeden), Tannehill has the biggest percentage of his offense put on his shoulders.

On the other hand, Tannehill's percentage of deep passes (those targeted at least 20 yards downfield) is 29th in the league, at 10%, whereas Russell Wilson's percentage of deep passes is 14.2%, which is 8th in the league. Luck and Griffin are at 10.9 and 10.3 percent, respectively.

Moreover, Wilson completes 59% of those deep passes, which is second in the league, and Tannehill completes 39% of such passes. Luck and Griffin are at 38.1 and 29.3, respectively.
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    Trapped in Trudeaupia

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Toronto
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think Luck and Wilson are in a class of their own. I'd put asterics beside RT and RG3 - the first because it's hard to gauge his performance behind that online and with a coaching staff that stubbornly refuses to utlize his biggest stregnths, and latter because it's tough for any QB to be the same after that surgery. That said, RT innacuracy downfield is not always a result of Oline - he simply needs to improve - and the way RG3 is throwing the ball can't be blamed on his knee. I would say based on two years body of work and all things being equal, RT is 4th on that list and I really don't see much hope he'll climb those rankigs. That may not be such a terrible thing. #4 may still mean a very good qb in two or three years time. But it won't happen with this coaching staff. That's for sure
    "An appeaser feeds the crocodile in the hope that it will eat him last. But sometimes the croc eats him first anyway."

--Winston Churchill
    Quote Quote  

6. -46
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Patsyville, USA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    uh dude...... HoneyB = They
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Hollywood,Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowboynemo View Post
    Thought it would be interesting to see how Ryan Tannehill is stacking up. One can quickly see the sacks are killing the offense. and also causing INTs. We
    need to square the OL away. No running game has been horrible.

Name......................Games.......TD........INT.......YDS.......SCK......RTG
    Andrew Luck ..............11...........15...........7........2593........24.......84.3
    Ryan Tannehill ...........11...........15..........12........2784.......44........82.0
    Robert Griffin 111........11...........14......... 11.......2841........26........81.0
    Russel Wilson .............11...........19...........6........2362........29......105.1
    Brandon Weeden..........7............ 6............7........1361.......24........66.0
    Where's Nick Foles.......8.............16............0........1554......12......128.0
    Quote Quote  

8. -48
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by miamiron View Post
    Where's Nick Foles.......8.............16............0........1554......12......128.0
    he only has 1500 yards...seems like every time i look he's hitting another deep ball...i guess that's the only thing he throws
    Quote Quote  

9. -49
    Just trust me

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Centreville Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I love how every one always talks about QB's ceilings and how high or low they are...like we know for sure how high they are capable of going....lol
    Quote Quote  

10. -50
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Bay Area, Ca
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Look everyone... it's another back slapping Thill thread where he is somehow better than (insert QB name).

Shocked.
    Quote Quote