Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Who would you rather have as HC: Rex or Philbin?

1. -21
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    They say a team takes on the personality of their coach. Lets see:

Philbin: Boring, unemotional, and controlled. A lot of people say hes cerebral. To be honest, I have yet to really see intelligence in anything he does.
    Ryan: Intense, emotional, and chaotic. Hes the opposite side of the spectrum. He is also not very bright in my opinion.

These characteristics describe the two teams to a tee. The most important thing you need for a coach is football intelligence. These two coaches don't fit that bill in my opinion. Give me Bellicheck, Peyton, Shula, Landry, etc. They all knew and know how to be intense in their own ways, but most importantly; SMART.
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Magic City
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoTannehill 17Dolphins Homer
    Well two of the Jets wins were essentially handed to them thanks to penalties on the opposing teams on the final play of the game. Tb in week 1, NE in week whatever.

Plus despite being 5-6 they have the second worst point differential in the league. So lets not anoint them as some major measuring stick of success.
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by trojanma View Post
    I will say this I would rather have Rex as my DC then Philbin as my OC. I will give you that.
    Philbin as OC, what has he ever done to merit that title?? He certainly didn't do it in Green Bay or improved the offense here either. One thing I gotta hand to Rex, is you know you are getting a great defense year in and year out.
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Rex kept playing Sanchez bullheadedly; Rex fiddled cluelessly as his clubhouse exploded; Rex's empty "guarantees" became another laughingstock; Rex hired Sparano terming him his "mini me" (offensively); Rex got into 1 playoff in 4 years based on merit (without Colts starters who outscored them 45-27 in approx 1.5 games (60-37 pro-rated over 2 games), not to mention tripgate which he skated responsibility on as well as all his personal embarrassments over sexual perversions, harassment and lack of self control. So yeah, we'd be a better defensive team with him as our DC, but his playing Sanchez in exhibition game 4 is akin to The Meatball getting Long injured in the same game. So thanks but no thanks.

"Yep. Blow it up. This might the worst team I've ever seen constructed in my life.
    And then you throw in the terrible preparation and in-game coaching. There is no defense.
    But do it right. Fire everyone in the building. No survivors. , JiF Jetnation

Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    anyone who chooses Philbin doesn't want to win. Look at what rex did w/ the talent last year and what he has done w/ the talent this year. The 2 aren't close, Rex is a top 10 coach in this league.
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Magic City
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JayCee View Post
    Philbin as OC, what has he ever done to merit that title?? He certainly didn't do it in Green Bay or improved the offense here either.
    It doesn't matter.
    You don't have to be an awesome coordinator to be a great Head Coach. Can't you see that. It is a completely different job description. Philbin got the job because he made a great pitch about his vision for the Miami dolphins.

Look at Mike Tomlin and John Harbaugh. Those guys were no names before they became head coach.
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by trojanma View Post
    Well two of the Jets wins were essentially handed to them thanks to penalties on the opposing teams on the final play of the game. Tb in week 1, NE in week whatever.

Plus despite being 5-6 they have the second worst point differential in the league. So lets not anoint them as some major measuring stick of success.
    despite that and the huge minus in TOs he has them w/ the same record as philbin. That should tell you something.
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    TANNERECTION!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wichita, Kansas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    despite that and the huge minus in TOs he has them w/ the same record as philbin. That should tell you something.
    The Jets have a -101 point differential which is the second worse only to Jacksonville. That doesn't happen to a great head coach. I'd love to have Rex as a DC nothing more.
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Magic City
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It tells me that the Jets record is a statistical outlier and should self correct over the back half of the season.
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    TANNERECTION!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wichita, Kansas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It's not a major accomplishment to be better than Joe Philbin.
    Quote Quote