Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: McKinnie and Fins Void Last Year of the Contract

1. -41
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Haines City, Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by matt11390 View Post
    Makes since though as we need athletic OL to fit the scheme of Philbin.
    I wonder what type of linemen we will need to fit next year's coach's line.
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Boca Raton
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Ireland is awesome. Extend him.
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If the state of the Fins OL isn't enough for Ross to fire Ireland, I don't know what is.
    Quote Quote  

4. -44
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert Romano View Post
    Don't think we can fix it in one year unless the draft is almost dedicated to just that and by some chance they all work out and can play at the NFL level. Not likely. Its just par for the course, how long has it been since we had a good OL? We almost have to really hope one to two of the young guys we have work out also.
    IF we just are thinking The Draft then we will be no better off next year , because we dont have 5 first rd draft picks and 4 rookies starting just isnt going to cut it ,we might as well just forget next season as well IF there thinking JUST DRAFT .

Quote Quote  

5. -45
    Sopwith Camel Pilot

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wichita, Kansas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If you're a quality talent evaluator that can plug and play guys that fit your scheme you can replace 4 and even an entire OL in one off season. Granted they'll need time together meaning you'll have issues the first half of the season but it's not impossible. Case in point is the Steelers. They started the season with 4 new OL and lost Pouncey for the year in game 1. They had a rough start but are coming together as the season is winding down. Because the NFL has gotten teams so close with parity, they even find themselves in the playoff chase.

The problem for the Dolphins is they don't have a GM that has a clue when it comes to fitting guys with talent into the scheme.
    Quote Quote  

6. -46
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Washington DC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    ditch McKinnie? Not good. He needs to stay around for at least another year or two, because even if we draft an LT...will the rookie be any better? Joeckel and Fisher haven't exactly been great this year. Id give McKinnie vet minimum and let him at least compete for starter with a rookie.

But like one poster said, make a move for Smith or Diehl at Guard. We need two OTs, and two OGs. Center is our only sure position right now. Brenner can play, but hes just a rookie...hopefully he can keep developing
    www.TruePoizon.com
    Like me on facebook: True Poizon
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    there is only 1 guy in the last how many drafts that is actually playing for us.this is just sad.it all starts in the trenches Ireland u stupid azzzz
    Quote Quote  

8. -48
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
Gift received at 02-24-2014, 02:26 PM from hooshoopsTannehill 17Tannehill 17
    After a good start, McKennie is the same as Martin. On 217 pass blocks, he has given up 4 sacks, 5 hits, and 9 hurries (grade -3.1). On 306 pass blocks, Martin gave up 7- 7- and 15 (grade -3.0).

Along with Pouncey (hopefully), I would keep Garner, Brenner, maybe Dallas and/or Yeatman, and re-sign Jerry. Brenner can play center, and that "could' work out OK for the interior or be good depth. I still add another guard from FA.

Albert looks to be the only FA LT and will cost a ton. I'm drafting one with our top pick, and looking for a RT in FA. I'm also looking for a vet LT as insurance for a year. All 3 will cost less than Albert.
    Quote Quote  

9. -49
    Formerly Fiedler for MVP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    A van down by the river
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathStar View Post
    Ireland is awesome. Extend him.
    ...and hurry, he needs to be amongst the top 5 paid GM's in the league*

*paraphrased from an actual post in the preseason

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

"Ryan Tannehill out-Brady'ed Brady"- DanPatrick
    Quote Quote  

10. -50
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Is Garner under contract next year? I think he's starting material at guard.

---------- Post added at 11:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Southbeach 2 View Post
    After a good start, McKennie is the same as Martin. On 217 pass blocks, he has given up 4 sacks, 5 hits, and 9 hurries (grade -3.1). On 306 pass blocks, Martin gave up 7- 7- and 15 (grade -3.0).

Along with Pouncey (hopefully), I would keep Garner, Brenner, maybe Dallas and/or Yeatman, and re-sign Jerry. Brenner can play center, and that "could' work out OK for the interior or be good depth. I still add another guard from FA.

Albert looks to be the only FA LT and will cost a ton. I'm drafting one with our top pick, and looking for a RT in FA. I'm also looking for a vet LT as insurance for a year. All 3 will cost less than Albert.
    Wow. mcKinne seems to quit on some plays and is too fat and lazy to push some of these guys going upfield off their flight pattern. He's ready for the retirement home.
    Quote Quote