Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Our defense

1. -1
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Our defense

I look at our defense, and at every position, why isn't this group dominating offenses?
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Snakes!Mike Wallace 112013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins LogoCam Wake 91
    Because we cant stop the run. Our linebackers are a weak spot.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    So you are saying all of our line backers are no good, all three.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Eastern PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Miami was able to stop the run before, and then Coyle changed the Front 7 scheme and Ireland swapped out two LBs. Now, they struggle against the run. The same thing happened on offense; Philbin and Sherman changed the blocking schemes, and Ireland went with Miller over Bush. And again, now the o-line is bad and there is no running game. This is why I don't like Philbin and his offensive and defensive schemes. If the pre-Philbin team had received upgrades at certain positions, they would be a lot better than this current team.

I understand that bringing in a new offense/defense requires time to replace all of the players with skillsets that don't fit the new system, but this will takes YEARS. I don't want to wait 4 or 5 more years to see results. This regime has had two years, and all they can do is look good for maybe 30 minutes per game since they can't make adjustments in the second half. Why give them any more time? Am I the only one who thinks that Philbin and company are bad for this team? They're not improving with time and additional talent; they're regressing!
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Because players like randy starks are getting old, our lbs arent good and chris clemmons sucks.More good players wasted just like jason taylor,pat surtain,zach thomas, etc.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Snakes!Mike Wallace 112013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins LogoCam Wake 91
    Quote Originally Posted by rustydowell View Post
    So you are saying all of our line backers are no good, all three.

Im saying Wheeler is bad. Ellerbe has underperformed, and Koa Misi isnt good.

So basically... yes.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    If you ain't first, you're last!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Carolina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17Cam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Egnew the GOAT View Post
    Im saying Wheeler is bad. Ellerbe has underperformed, and Koa Misi isnt good.

So basically... yes.
    If you think Misi isn't good you're misinformed. He's not flashy but playing the strong side the backer rarely is. He is very good at what he does. Especially in comparison to wheeler.
    "Fundamentals, technique, execution -- primary. Scheme -- secondary."

"We will incorporate an aggressive, up-tempo, attacking style in all three phases of the game."

"Our team will play with discipline, poise, and maximum effort."

"I want us to be the best tackling team in the NFL, the best team in pursuit, I want to take the ball away from other teams, I want to rattle the opposing quarterback every opportunity we get."

-- Joe Philbin 01/12

Quote Quote  

8. -8
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Dolphins Homer
    Or D isn't playing with a lead as much as they need to be. They are a really good squad and playing well, but playing from behind causes more risks to be taken to try to get off the field.

In Pts allowed per game, the only thing that really matters, we are tenth. The Ds above us are

Carolina
    KC
    Seattle
    San Fran
    NO
    Cincy
    Baltimore
    AZ
    New England

Pretty solid company. Amazingly they are doing this is done with spending the 4th most amount of time on the field.

Don't freak about our D....they are playing well. Freak about our run game and 2nd half scoring.

Every time I see a stupid post I remind myself we don't have this guy as a fan
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Two Little Debbies and a cup of coffee

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Mike Wallace 112013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruckus45 View Post
    Or D isn't playing with a lead as much as they need to be. They are a really good squad and playing well, but playing from behind causes more risks to be taken to try to get off the field.

In Pts allowed per game, the only thing that really matters, we are tenth. The Ds above us are

Carolina
    KC
    Seattle
    San Fran
    NO
    Cincy
    Baltimore
    AZ
    New England

Pretty solid company. Amazingly they are doing this is done with spending the 4th most amount of time on the field.

Don't freak about our D....they are playing well. Freak about our run game and 2nd half scoring.
    I wonder how much higher on that list our D would be if Tannehill.... I mean our offense, didnt turn the ball over so much. I wonder what the average amount of turnovers on offense the teams ahead of us on this list have as compared to what ours is.

This is one of the best defenses in the league. They could be better at stopping the run, but all in all its a solid group. Too bad our offense is one of the worst in the league. We could be a legit championship contender if we had a good QB.... I mean good offense.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Misi as strong is a solid 2 down backer ellerbe is get by able at mike with a better wolb next to him...wheeler is awful

This d would be getting people off the field more if the damn lb play vs the run especially the clean to the ball flow laterally and fill wolb wasn't such a disaster...

Either your mike or your wolb needs to have solid instincts...wheelers are as bad as gets unless you insert our depth at the position
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote